• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

InFAMOUS Second Son Gameplay Trailer

I was a huge fan of inFamous 1 & 2, but I am not sure about this.

Is it just me or is this new dude a bit too powerful? he killed the entire DUP force in that area without any problems. I really liked the electricity recharging mechanic in the first game, it gave you room to breath, prevented the combat from becoming repetitive and there was some strategy to it.

the combat looks really lame without that recharging mechanic, seems like they have dumbed the game down for the CoD crowd.

Ricky_R

Is it just me or is this new dude a bit too powerful? he killed the entire DUP force in that area without any problems. I really liked the electricity recharging mechanic in the first game, it gave you room to breath, prevented the combat from becoming repetitive and there was some strategy to it.

the combat looks really lame with that recharging mechanic, seems like they have dumbed the game down for the CoD crowd.

That recharge is probably no different than the pink orbs. I'm sure the game will have fun gameplay either way.

the combat looks really lame with that recharging mechanic, seems like they have dumbed the game down for the CoD crowd.

I think several things.

Firstly, by inFamous 2 the recharging was pretty much taken out with health regen.

Secondly, I think it's already been confirmed, he can absorb smoke.

Thirdly, we haven't seen everything this game can offer. The chances are, there's a bit more to it.

P.S Can't wait for the bosses, inFamous 1's bosses were awesome (look and design). And inFamous 2 was awesome design wise, even if they were mostly cruddy swamp creatures.

the combat looks really lame without that recharging mechanic, seems like they have dumbed the game down for the CoD crowd.

I think damage was turned off for the purposes of the demo. I see hundreds of bullets hitting him and he doesn't even flinch.

Top Bottom