• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward developing COD 2016 (shocking news)

I genuinely wonder if the leaders of the development of COD at infinity ward are self aware of the fact that they aren't really good anymore. I always wonder those kinda things. Do they know and try to not be bad but it keeps happening lately or do they not know it at all and that's why they continue to get worse. I'm being totally serious.

Anyway, IW either go back to roots and drop this near future bullshit or I'm out. Also learn how to design a map for the love of god. Blops3 isn't perfect but hit up your buddies treyarch for some tips.

Does anyone else feel like IW have kind of gotten the short end of the stick on their past couple releases?

First MW3 was marred by all of the drama with so much of the original team jumping ship, by all accounts it's a miracle the game even shipped.

Then Ghosts was in the unfortunate position of being the first game to ship on the new consoles, the specs of which apparently weren't even finalized until Ghosts was well into development (this being during the two-year dev cycle too).

I know that these things don't explain away all of the problems Ghosts and MW3 had (cough cough map design cough), but I often feel that people are a bit hard on them given how difficult it is to make games.

Varg

Banned
Whatever the hell it is make sure you add third person mode from mw2. It's 2016, supposed to be adding upon what you created, not taking away features and modes

The Beard

It's almost guaranteed to suck. I have lost all faith in IW, Ghosts was a steaming turd. Thankfully BF5 will be coming out this year which should keep me busy for a while. Hopefully Sledgehammer doesn't do an AW sequel in 2017. I just can't do the boost jump bullshit again.

Does anyone else feel like IW have kind of gotten the short end of the stick on their past couple releases?

First MW3 was marred by all of the drama with so much of the original team jumping ship, by all accounts it's a miracle the game even shipped.

Then Ghosts was in the unfortunate position of being the first game to ship on the new consoles, the specs of which apparently weren't even finalized until Ghosts was well into development (this being during the two-year dev cycle too).

I know that these things don't explain away all of the problems Ghosts and MW3 had (cough cough map design cough), but I often feel that people are a bit hard on them given how difficult it is to make games.

I feel the same way. I'm looking forward to what they bring this year as long as its not futuristic that is.

Bolivar687

Banned

Yes, that's why a lot of us are looking forward to their first game with a cohesive team from start to finish (besides Alderman's 4 month stint in the middle), and a three year dev cycle. Say what you want but a lot of us in the community like that their games are more challenging to stay alive in and they've always had more content than Treyarch, in terms of weapons, maps, streaks and co-op modes.

Many of the criticism I hear about MW3 and Ghosts are either vague or arbitrary but I will admit both games lacked a bit of personality and maybe that intangible X-Factor. Hopefully the Naughty Dog creative and gameplay leads will make a difference on that front.

That wreaks of total shit. The writer of the article is just assuming that it's Ghosts 2.

Just like how they have a Battlefield to the right. They are just stating games that they assume are coming (which obviously they are), but they don't know what they are.

xRaizen

The screenshot is of one of the DLC Extinction maps with the huge spider alien, so it sounds like it's just speculation.

I really doubt the writer knows anything, since we'll know almost 0 about the game until maybe mid April which is when Activision starts trickling out new info for the next CoD. Then full reveal in the first week of May.

Top Bottom