• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward, Neversoft Merging into Single "Super Studio"

Silky

Banned
THPS2 was my first Tony Hawk title. Never was disappointed with Neversoft's output. When Proving Ground came out, I knew that was the love letter to TH.

Guitar Hero was perfect in their hands. Metallica and Warriors of Rock are brilliant titles.

Gun is a personal favorite as well...fuck, man...

Fox Mulder

pretty depressing what Activision does to studios, I guess a job is still better than getting fired or shut down.

I can only imagine that most of the people from Neversoft's glory days are long gone, right? It must be a RareWare situation at this point.

Tapejara

Next up Raven.

Goddamn it Raven and High Moon are excellent studio's and now there only going to make CoD here on out.

Activision frustrates me so much. They have a great line up of studios, but instead of investing in new franchises they throw them all into working on a single IP. I love CoD and I get that it's successful, but there's plenty of talent at High Moon and Raven that's going to waste. Then there's Radical and Bizzare, which were shut down despite putting out some solid titles. I hate that their business strategy works out for them every year.

Silky

Banned
I can only imagine that most of the people from Neversoft's glory days are long gone, right? It must be a RareWare situation at this point.

Joel Jewett (Founder of Neversoft)'s one of the few vets that are retiring due to the merger. Guy's been there since the beginning. Must be a shame to see it go.

They won't be missed. They hadn't made a good game since 2007

Play GH Metallica and Warriors of Rock. Easily two of the best rhythm based games released last gen, made by Neversoft.

John1744

Hot Scoops Patrick must have a very very good contact at Infinity Ward the way he keeps breaking their news every few years.

fedexpeon

Banned
3 fricken studios are doing COD right? IW, Treyarch, Sledgehammer.
So instead of annual CoD, semi-annual CoD?
Please let the horse rests =/.

Holy mother of fuck.

Infinity Ward must truly be dead for this decision to occur.

Infinity Ward died when a lot of the staff left after MW2 to form Respawn Entertainment.

This new Infinity Ward is just a different studio with a few remnants of the past staff.

Taker34

Banned
More like merging into a single conglomerate of mediocrity. But we all knew that Neversoft was dead quite a while ago... even though they made some of the best games of all times on PS1 and really solid GH titles.

Dysun

Ghosts was undeniable proof that faux IW was in shambles. Too bad all Activision studios get dragged in to the CoD behemoth, but hopefully the next game is improved by this.

kswiston

3 fricken studios are doing COD right? IW, Treyarch, Sledgehammer.
So instead of annual CoD, semi-annual CoD?
Please let the horse rests =/.

Infinity Ward, Treyarch, Sledgehammer, Neversoft, and Raven Software have all been working on Call of Duty of COD DLC for awhile now.

Ghosts was undeniable proof that faux IW was in shambles. Too bad all Activision studios get dragged in to the CoD behemoth, but hopefully the next game is improved by this.

Well the next game in the series is from Sledgehammer and the last thing they did was to help out on MW3 in 2011.

Lets see what that time allowed them to do.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Two shells of their former selves making a super studio doesn't instill me with all that much confidence.

Atleast it wasn't Raven Software. Please free Raven from CoD, the studio can do so much more than that (if it's talent hasn't left by now).

Top Bottom