• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Skeff

This gen has been completely sweet with 720p as you know its native anyway, how do you foresee that looking 1080p squished to 720p or are you taking the piss? :p

:) That's my checklist, I think we will get all of those responses within 2 hours of the confirmation.

EDIT: yes, very much taking the piss.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
TXeweRF.jpg

bud

i find that so hard to believe. we've seen the videos: it looks like ass; it is one of the worst looking next-gen titles shown so far. no matter how gimped or how hard to develop for the xbox is, it still shouldn't have any problems with running it in 1080p... r-right?

Before the bomb is dropped, I'd just like to say what a great username you have it's been a pleasure...what's that light in the distance there..it's heading right thi.....

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. 720p graphics on display off the shoulder of Xbox One... Sub-HD quality glittering near the Call of Duty franchise.... All these posts will be lost in this thread... Like tears... In rain...

Time... To die.

Oh shit. I...I have to wait for official confirmation on this. How can a game this bad looking be only 720p on XBO? If that is true, it gives a lot more credence to that comment a few months ago about it taking like 30 days to get a PS4 version running at 1080p@60fps unoptimized and it took 90 days on XBO and it wasn't even running a stable framerate of 30 or something like that

it's got to be the memory setup. if true. again, the only game we know of on Xbone that is hitting 1080p and 60fps isn't doing deferred lighting.

nothing else would make sense, because yeah, this game isn't stressing the CPU or the GPU based on its graphics.

IF true.

Oh shit. I...I have to wait for official confirmation on this. How can a game this bad looking be only 720p on XBO? If that is true, it gives a lot more credence to that comment a few months ago about it taking like 30 days to get a PS4 version running at 1080p@60fps unoptimized and it took 90 days on XBO and it wasn't even running a stable framerate of 30 or something like that

3weeks ps4 90fps vs 4months xb1 15fps

StuBurns

Banned
If it is the case, we are going get a skew of 'lazy' comments, and I do find that incredibly obnoxious, however, I don't believe the XBO can really be at fault here. 720 isn't even close to double the fillrate of the 360 version.

The XBO isn't a 360 with a Dreamcast duct-taped to it.

DC1

Coming back into a thread late is the worst thing this side of 7 day old spam.

Oh well.. might as well go in..

fallout-shelter.gif

demolitio

Well now that people are heading for their bomb shelters, I would just like to say that it's been getting to discuss games with you guys on here and hope we can come out of this mess stronger and better people than before.

IW shouldn't be exempt from the backlash that will happen in this thread since it's still inexcusable in my opinion considering what they're doing in Ghosts hardly warrants a performance struggle even at launch on either machine but it also tells us what to expect in the future and that CBoaT wasn't kidding about the 1080p lies.

Is the struggle that real at the IW offices that they couldn't hit 900p? 900p would still be disgusting considering how the game looks but c'mon man.

Busty

Banned
Seeing as NeoGAF is about to turn into a Mad Max style apocalyptic wasteland does anyone want to half in with me for a dune buggy?

Amir0x

Banned
If it is the case, we are going get a skew of 'lazy' comments, and I do find that incredibly obnoxious, however, I don't believe the XBO can really be at fault here. 720 isn't even close to double the fillrate of the 360 version.

The XBO isn't a 360 with a Dreamcast duct-taped to it.
it's got to be the memory setup. if true. again, the only game we know of on Xbone that is hitting 1080p and 60fps isn't doing deferred lighting.

nothing else would make sense, because yeah, this game isn't stressing the CPU or the GPU based on its graphics.

IF true.

Yeah I agree, but even in that case... that speaks to ill system design if it causes problems such as this. It's pretty remarkable a game this ugly would be forced down to 720p. I mean, damn. That even has applications for multiplayer gameplay - people on 1080p sets are obviously going to have a much crystal clearer view of the multiplayer action.

Just insane if true. So many of the negative rumours would immediately seem much more plausible if this is true...

3weeks ps4 90fps vs 4months xb1 15fps

Thanks for the correction :)

Top Bottom