• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward ops to show PS4 footage for COD IGN vids- a series first since MS deal?

Darknight

When will Major Nelson chime in and tell us that this is 100% fake? I trust him more than some cryptic posts by some mods.

Guys just wait and you see. XB1 will be full HD with Ultra settings. Sorta like a GTX 770 card. PS4 is no challenge for the XBone.

i mean...

ibgM2LcuIHWnJ0.gif

this gif is epic

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Seeing as NeoGAF is about to turn into a Mad Max style apocalyptic wasteland does anyone want to half in with me for a dune buggy?

Hell no, if that's the road we're going down I'm buying a gyrocopter, a wacky aviators leather hat and a metric fuckload of LSD.

lol maybe it's just the troublemaker in me, but it'd be hilarious if what the mods were actually keeping quiet about was the xbox one version somehow being the superior version, which I of course don't think is remotely possible, but it would certainly fit with bishop's reaction haha.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be moderating the reaction to that :p But back to reality, PS4 version is likely superior, but how much is the question.

frizby

I don't think I've ever seen the mods pull out and watch it burn.

Too many sources at once. Too much to take in. F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Hold me.

Tsundere

Banned
Yeah I agree, but even in that case... that speaks to ill system design if it causes problems such as this. It's pretty remarkable a game this ugly would be forced down to 720p. I mean, damn. That even has applications for multiplayer gameplay - people on 1080p sets are obviously going to have a much crystal clearer view of the multiplayer action.

Just insane if true. So many of the negative rumours would immediately seem much more plausible if this is true...

Well, from all that we've seen, heard, and know since the February PS4 reveal... It would seem that Xbox One has been a scramble on almost every front.

thuway

lol maybe it's just the troublemaker in me, but it'd be hilarious if what the mods were actually keeping quiet about was the xbox one version somehow being the superior version, which I of course don't think is remotely possible, but it would certainly fit with bishop's reaction haha.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be moderating the reaction to that :p But back to reality, PS4 version is likely superior, but how much is the question.

misterxmedia?

Given the choice between

720p COD

and

Xbox One OS that crashes / hangs once per user session. Flaky ass multi-player.

I think 720p COD is the lesser of the two evils.

Is proelite a dev/insider? I forget

I know thuway is but obviously trolls sometimes but if he and proelite are saying the same thing and proelite is a dev or insider....

Pop

Dice has straight up dodged the question. Rumor is either 720p for both or 900p/PS4 and 720p/XB1.

Now if COD can only manage 720p on X1, there's only two ways that could happen. A) Way weaker system then imagined or B) IW is really having problems with the X1 system which would mean others would too. I just can't see BF4 being 720p when COD can only reach that. This is assuming the rumors are real.

Yeah I agree, but even in that case... that speaks to ill system design if it causes problems such as this. It's pretty remarkable a game this ugly would be forced down to 720p. I mean, damn. That even has applications for multiplayer gameplay - people on 1080p sets are obviously going to have a much crystal clearer view of the multiplayer action.

Just insane if true. So many of the negative rumours would immediately seem much more plausible if this is true...

maybe MS didn't think 1080p was going to be a big deal? heck, maybe it won't be. maybe they were happy to be 720p vs 1080p on PS4. maybe that's what they mean by 'balanced', that the games look the same apart from resolution.

who knows at this point until the bombs all droppen.

Vizzeh

Banned
:) That's my checklist, I think we will get all of those responses within 2 hours of the confirmation.

EDIT: yes, very much taking the piss.

Kinda thought you were, just missed that extremely useful bit of info at the bottom stating that those lines were possible next GEN slogans lol...oops.

I just switched off the Emmy award winning ....Breaking bad for this thread.

I think the news will just roll out when Mort gets back from his meeting :)

popcorn_yes.gif

As a rule, I put no stock in the supernatural. But Microsoft has me believing that there actually is a such a thing as a "third console curse".

hawk2025

For some reason, I thought the same :p Yeah, a difference between PS4 and X1 versions would be a decently big bit of news, but to warrant that big of a reaction?

Could it just be a delay across the board for the next gen versions? No, right?

Gorillaz

People might notice. Actually they probably WILL notice something is up

IT will be interesting tho since CoD for the most part has looked better on 360/xbox for most of this gen to the point even if Acti and MS didn't have a deal people would say it was the definitive console version.

Jesus this might be interesting

Freki

It will be fun either way :-D
Ahh the smell of next-gen launch is in the air...

DC1

can someone explain what its going on for us that just got in here ? cmon we want some fun too >_<

Yup.. I'm with you. Sounds like COD will run at 720 on the XBOX One because performance dips significantly at 1080.

Waiting for confirmation.

Now if COD can only manage 720p on X1, there's only two ways that could happen. A) Way weaker system then imagined or B) IW is really having problems with the X1 system which would mean others would too. I just can't see BF4 being 720p when COD can only reach that. This is assuming the rumors are real.

again, it would point very clearly to the memory setup in the Xbox One being the issue. BF4 is rumoured to be 720p 60 too. Ryse is 900p and 30 fps right? And yes, I know Forza 5 is 1080p 60, but it isn't using deferred lighting.

Do we know that NFS Rivals is 1080p 30 on Xbox One? I know we know it's 30 fps.

Didn't the Activision dude at the Xbone reveal say COD would be 1080p60? Would be one hell of a bombshell if it wasn't.

But the game kinda looks like arse so who knows wtf is going on right now.

This is anecdotal from E3, but...

I've heard the architecture with the ESRAM is actually a major hurdle in development because you need to manually fill and flush it.

So unless MS's APIs have improved to the point that this is essentially automatic, the bandwidth and hardware speed are probably irrelevant.

For reference, the story going around E3 went something like this:

"ATVI was doing the CoD: Ghosts port to nextgen. It took three weeks for PS4 and came out at 90 FPS unoptimized, and four months on Xbone and came out at 15 FPS."

Remember this?

Top Bottom