• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inhumans Cancelled – No Season 2 Already? ABC Promotes ‘Complete Series’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link.

Marvel’s Inhumans cancelled already? Ahead of the superhero drama’s primetime premiere, ABC is seemingly preparing for the worst.

The network is advising viewers to see “the COMPLETE series” from Sept. 29, rather than the ‘first season,’ suggesting Season 2 plans have already been cancelled.

Has ABC already given up on the limited series, which was poorly received upon its IMAX release, or simply hedging its bets?

The marketing suggests a one-and-done cancellation. Will a heroic ABC run change that? Stay tuned…

Best move in my opinion. With that terrible showing in IMAX, it was either stay the course and lose money or end it after one season to save money.

Haha, that's hilarious. But I think we all called it months ago.
At least we got a Christopher Priest mini-series out of this shitshow. And a couple of fun GAF threads.

Everything according to plan.

"What do you want? We said you gonna give you Inhumans and we did."

Sadly it turned out to be Inhumass.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I can't believe the Inhumans were squandered as a property like this. It's almost darkly comical how much they've been wasted.

Saya

Let us forget about this show

bad-inhumans.gif

try again in 10 years

Ponn

Banned
Give up Marvel, you aren't going to make Inhumans replace X-Men. You're better off just pushing Lockjaws solo career.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I do feel sorry for the actors. For the most part, they seemed really passionate about the series and seemed really excited about being involved. Can't help but think about Anson Mount learning 30 pages of an imaginary sign language for something like this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What a mess. A shame too, the Inhumans had potential. I enjoyed them in the Fantastic Four. Instead we get... trash.

At this point Fox is gonna introduce Kamala Khan as a mutant just to rub salt at Marvel.

Nah, she'll be retconned into having her powers be cosmic or something.

Effect

I still don't understand why they thought they could do this if they were never at the very least going to give it the budget it needed.

Patryn

I still don't understand why they thought they could do this if they were never at the very least going to give it the budget it needed.

Ike Perlmutter really, really, really wanted to stick it to Fox and seemed hellbent on the idea that he could force the Inhumans to be more popular simply by throwing it out there and he has the pull and clout to force the project to come to fruition. Sadly, it was always Feige who made the MCU work.

Patryn

What is even happening here?

That's Black Bolt. When he speaks, it's super destructive.

I think after getting hit with the nightstick, he cries out in pain or something and that's the force coming out of him.

Except Black Bolt is supposed to also be super strong and tough, so a cop's nightstick should do nothing to him. Also, there's no reason for him to squat like he's taking a shit when he uses his power.

Man, we've gotten so much use out of that one terrible Inhumans .gif. Imagine how many great .gifs we'll have once people get their hands on the show.

Fury451

Banned
That's Black Bolt. When he speaks, it's super destructive.

I think after getting hit with the nightstick, he cries out in pain or something and that's the force coming out of him.

Except Black Bolt is supposed to also be super strong and tough, so a cop's nightstick should do nothing to him. Also, there's no reason for him to squat like he's taking a shit when he uses his power.

There's also the thing where he has trained not to utter a sound under any circumstances, as doing so could potentialy kill millions of people. But here I guess he let the training slip

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Black Bolt in the comics is top tier. His screams could stop a rampaging Hulk.

But like a lot of other MCU characters, he's been nerfed hard. This is probably one of the more insulting nerfs.

I still can't get over that one clip where Medusa contacts him and he answers by holding up his communicator to his heart. Why would you give the guy that isn't allowed to speak a VOICE communicator? Give him something to text you stupid fucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom