• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inhumans Cancelled – No Season 2 Already? ABC Promotes ‘Complete Series’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_Drop

GoodCheapFast_MissingCloud_O.gif
This is great.

There really are a number of properties that don't work with low TV budgets

Penguin

I feel like this is a non-story

The show was announced as a limited series and probably using the "Complete Series" tag since it officially already had its episodes debut in cinemas.

Now see the whole thing.

That said, I don't expect it to last more than this season, but I don't think this is anything

I mean, it was premiering on Friday nights. It was sent out to die.

I expect this to be the last season of SHIELD as well (though maybe it'll jump to Netflix)

ZeoVGM

Banned
I feel like this is a non-story

The show was announced as a limited series and probably using the "Complete Series" tag since it officially already had its episodes debut in cinemas.

Now see the whole thing.

That said, I don't expect it to last more than this season, but I don't think this is anything

Yeah, this feels like a bit of a clickbait article. I mean, I'm sure if it was good and a big hit, ABC would push for a second season but as far as I remember, Inhumans was always marketed as an "event" series.

FyreWulff

As a guy that pretty much reads comics via abstracts from my friend Jeff and Slayven, how in the fuck did this property go from being a cornerstone future MCU movie to a timeslot seat warmer?

The Kree

Banned
As a guy that pretty much reads comics via abstracts from my friend Jeff and Slayven, how in the fuck did this property go from being a cornerstone future MCU movie to a timeslot seat warmer?

An executive restructuring at Marvel Entertainment a couple years ago that saw Ike Perlmutter dipping his hands into a toy box he doesn't know how to play with.

Yeah, this feels like a bit of a clickbait article. I mean, I'm sure if it was good and a big hit, ABC would push for a second season but as far as I remember, Inhumans was always marketed as an "event" series.
And yet Buck, Loeb etc kept talking about how they wanted to crossover with AoS next season.

Were planned a second season in the first place?

I never expected this to long too much with this shitty levels of budget.

Now to pray again for a real high budget movie....

SpaceWolf

Banned
I bet Feige is gonna do everything he can to disassociate the movies from the TV shows after Avengers 4.

That's my big takeaway from this whole fiasco. After the universally virulent reception of Iron Fist and Inhumans, if there was once any chance of Marvel Studios looking to unify their movies with the television shows, it's absolutely been obliterated now. Feige and company would probably just feel it would only actively damage the Marvel brand, given how much the latest couple shows have become something of a very public embarrassment for them. What was already a pretty huge gulf between the two companies will probably have only grown much wider after this.

Honestly, I fully expect this to be the first project that will be actively rebooted within the Marvel Cinematic Universe in favour of the powers that be taking enough crack at the property, once the need for fresh film franchises finally arises once Robert Downey Jr and the gang finally reach the end of their contract extensions.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Should've went with Netflix.

That didn't save Iron Fist.

The problem isn't that it's on ABC. AoS is one of the best things in the entire MCU and that's on ABC.

The problem is that the show was rushed into production and, more importantly, it was run by someone who is terrible at his job.

Should've went with Netflix.

Scott Buck works with netflix too. It would have been the same output.

Netflix only works with highly grounded characters like punisher or daredevil, they fucked iron fist and sure they would have fucked inhumans too even with a bit more budget.

LiK

That didn't save Iron Fist.

The problem isn't that it's on ABC. AoS is one of the best things in the entire MCU and that's on ABC.

The problem is that the show was rushed into production and, more importantly, it was run by someone who is terrible at his job.

Fun fact: Iron Fist S1 and Inhumans had the same showrunner. I guess we gotta blame that guy.

Scott Buck works with netflix too. It would have been the same output.

Netflix only works with highly grounded characters like punisher or daredevil, they fucked iron fist and sure they would have fucked inhumans too even with a bit more budget.

I feel like Netflix would've made it look less cheap at least.

SArcher

Banned
Click bait article.The posters for the show had that written on them even before the IMAX premiere. They meant "you can see the premiere in IMAX but to see the rest/complete series, check it out on ABC". Now, the show might very well be canceled already but the wording here has nothing to do with it.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There was never going to be a second season in any reality adjacent to ours.

Jawmuncher

Marvel is trying so hard with Inhumans across all their things and no one cares.
They'll have to give them a kick ass movie like GOTG to get general interest in them.

kiguel182

I mean, did anyone thought this would have a second season? If it wasn't for the Imax deal I doubt they would even do it.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
And so, despite its awful growing pains, AoS will continue to be the better Inhumans show.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 |OT| The Real Inhumans

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 5 |OT| In-Inhumass

What is even happening here?

Perlmutter's pals with Trump, the "Law & Order" candidate, whom is pro-police (and pro-police brutality). Wouldn't surprise me Ike thinks that "police > super heroes". Also wouldn't be surprised if he believed the police actually are skilled enough to take out the Hulk. Blue > Green.

Korigama

An executive restructuring at Marvel Entertainment a couple years ago that saw Ike Perlmutter dipping his hands into a toy box he doesn't know how to play with.
Basically this. As much as Perlmutter wanted to make Inhumans a thing within the MCU, and have them serve as a substitute for the X-Men to spite Fox, neither Feige nor the rest of the Marvel Studios division were interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom