• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leak

What do you think of Princess Peach's redesign for Mario x Rabbids?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaFax

I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. Rabbids mocking Mario and company might add to the game's humor ... whatever the game might be.

Roo

I swear to god if this game existing results in a Rabbid getting into Smash before Rayman does Ubisoft is dead to me.

The game could end up being good but man, I'm disappointed in Nintendo for letting this happen. I thought they held their franchises to a higher standard than this, and wouldn't let their most iconic brand cross over with this swill.

Disappointing.

The fuck is this shit?...

oti

Banned
At least we know what game Nintendo will spend half of their E3 presentation on that no one really wants or cares about.

From the moment I heard "Mario and Rabbids crossover" I was like "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and this picture basically clinches it. The fuck even is this game and why did Nintendo think it was a good idea? Did Ubisoft really sell them some crazy bullshit about Rabbids being huge in the West or something? A Mario and Rayman crossover RPG would've been way better than this creepy shit.

The worst part about this is that this is Ubisoft's "Nintendo 3rd Party Pitch". It probably won't sell well at all and it'll be Ubisoft's excuse to never touch the Switch afterwards. I guess I can't blame them after ZombiU flopped, but at least that was cool. At least it wasn't.......this.

It's just a rabbid dressed as Peach. I'm all for this vintage GAF NSFL train ride but let's wait for gameplay before we, you know, judge the game.

Peléo

I'm slightly dissapointed this has been leaked. I have no idea what would be the reactions from GAF had we not been spoiled crumb by crumb in the past few months.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Fair enough. If you're basing it on the rumored game style plus this picture then I can understand where you're coming from.

But I personally just can't comprehend people not liking a particular game 100% due to a character design. That's just not something I can wrap my brain around. Might be a me problem though.

If the game ends up reviewing well, approximately 0% of the Rabbids hardliners will stick to their guns. People just love a good circlejerk.

udivision

But I personally just can't comprehend people not liking a particular game 100% due to a character design. That's just not something I can wrap my brain around. Might be a me problem though.

In a world in which people have admitted that their interest in ARMS went from 0 to 100 thanks to the Twintelle reveal, it makes a lot of sense.

Art Direction, Graphical Quality, and Character Designs. It's not just "praise it when it's awesome, ignore it when it's not."

That's why it's so great when a dev creates an aesthetically pleasing game or has great graphics. By that same token, seeing something you don't like can repel you and you're not really obligated "give it a chance" beyond that.

I don't actually thing this render is the deciding factor for most people however.

Ivan 3414

Fucking Rabbids refuse to die. Had shelves full of that shit Ubisoft shovelware back when I worked in games retail. It barely budged when we knocked it down to a few pounds.

Still can't believe Nintendo let them do this when they should've rightfully been forgotten.

Nintendo needs all the third party support they can get; this is a caveat of that

Ray Down

Banned
I swear to god if this game existing results in a Rabbid getting into Smash before Rayman does Ubisoft is dead to me.

The game could end up being good but man, I'm disappointed in Nintendo for letting this happen. I thought they held their franchises to a higher standard than this, and wouldn't let their most iconic brand cross over with this swill.

Disappointing.

So much unnecessary salt.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nobody doesn't ask for a lot of games it doesn't mean it's bad....like seriously get over it. It's one picture. You didn't see any gameplay and it looks good.

"Get over it?" It was a joke. Stop taking things so seriously. I'm actually intrigued by this game.

J@hranimo

Banned
A bunch of drama queens in this forum.

thisisnintendoqluw4.gif

XandBosch

It's just a rabbid dressed as Peach. I'm all for this vintage GAF NSFL train ride but let's wait for gameplay before we, you know, judge the game.

Hey, the game itself could be a technically awesome RPG with great writing etc.

it's still Rabbids and Mario.

BiggNife

Disappointing.
Nintendo is not going to hurt their brand in an way with a single crossover game. Y'all need to chill.

21bc4e7302b5f0f578da9c2327976d78051c46b5444d722112bad6195fd17f0a.jpg

Disappointing.

Lol, open your mind guys. This is going to be fun.

still dont believe it. that being said i like the general direction if this is true. rabbids are kinda like minions and minions dressed up as mario characters makes sense, if you have the option to play the mario cast

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
...what? Nintendo is Nintendo.

Some people are just trying too hard to paint a certain picture.

We havent seen the game. This isnt developed by Nintendo from what we have heard...yet we have people in this thread being scared that this would be the BIG e3 game...right a Ubisoft developed game will be Nintendo big e3 game.

GAF acting like the Mario series is Game of Thrones or some shit and the series doesnt feature characters like Nabbit and co.

"Get over it?" It was a joke. Stop taking things so seriously. I'm actually intrigued by this game.

Yeah, it's so easy to tell you were joking with the hundreds of overreacting posts. Whatever.

I don't get the overreactions? Is it the fact that the game has Rabbids in it or the crossdressing?

It's the Rabbids. Rabbids are known for dressing up and it was leaked they would dress up as Mario characters.

I still can't believe that Nintendo approached Ubisoft and told them to make this game! I heard they had plans for Super Mario RPG 2 but canned them for this idea. Rumors also suggest that Miyamoto likes Rabbids more than Nintendo's own IP. He has plans to use them in Pikmin 4 and the new Metroid will be a Rabbids crossover.

DMONKUMA

I do honestly hope this isn't their big surprise announcement for E3. I want to see something a bit more exciting...

Not bother by the pic tho.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
In case no one has confirmed it, someone sent me a slide deck from this game a while ago (which I had no way to authenticate or disprove) and it had a bunch of art like this. Again, I'm not in the gaming industry and I haven't seen the game myself, I'm just saying it's consistent with what I've seen.

Machina

Banned
I still can't believe that Nintendo approached Ubisoft and told them to make this game! I heard they had plans for Super Mario RPG 2 but canned them for this idea. Rumors also suggest that Miyamoto likes Rabbids more than Nintendo's own IP. He has plans to use them in Pikmin 4 and the new Metroid will be a Rabbids crossover.

Farrrk don't tell me that

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
To be serious for a second, I'll wait to see reviews before I dismiss this completely. It's not like the designs are that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom