• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Initial Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leak

What do you think of Princess Peach's redesign for Mario x Rabbids?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

I don't see any problem with this. Not every game has to appeal to every person. I'm willing to bet this game will have some Nintendo charm and could appeal to a younger audience. Just because the Switch has been marketed towards an older age-group than the Wii, doesn't mean games more suited for kids should be completely ignored.

EDarkness

... you have no idea how it's going to play... this is a game, not a poster, lets wait for gameplay before we decide whether or not we want to buy it.

Yeesh with the overreactions here.

You're right, but I don't buy rabbids games at all. Don't think I'm gonna start with this one. Just not my cup of tea. Hope it's good and everyone enjoys it. (Side note, I've never owned Super Mario RPG, either.)

Doesnt look as bad as I thought it would. Will be mainly aimed at kids, so it would be cool to have a co-op mode for this aching to the Lego games.

Kouriozan

It's the 3D World engine alright.
Of course we can't judge a book based on its cover so we gotta wait before jumping to conclusion.

This looks in line with the Rabbids humor. Not sure why so many people are bothered by this picture. Mario RPG's are at their best with over the top humor. The Rabbids may as well be the Minions of the video game world except they haven't taken over every single silly meme. Not saying it will be a good game as we haven't really seen any of it but people already writing it off could be more open minded. Paper Mario and M&L have been circling the drain for the past generation. The last good Mario RPG was Bowser's Inside Story, before that TTYD and the original M&L. It's not like the famed SMRPG had amazing new characters either. Mallow was just a cloud with eyes on a human body. Geno and the others weren't that great either.

udivision

Don't get why so many posters itt are mad that people don't like how this looks

I don't know if this is a result of the forum battles of the NX days or the whole back-and-forth with Paper Mario: Color Splash, but seeing something you don't like pointing out that you don't like what you see rubs a lot of people the long way these days.

FleenerW

That's the main problem with the Rabbids crossover. Nothing about them is funny for anyone above six years old.
I like to imagine the only people that enjoy Rabbids are the same kids who grew up with them and are just older now. It's the only logical explanation. It has to be.

Is there anyone anywhere who actually wanted this?

Just give us a new Super Mario RPG. For the love of everything sacred on this planet, stop trying to change up the formula. Please Nintendo.

Machina

Banned
giphy.gif

It's the 3D World engine alright.
Of course we can't judge a book based on its cover so we gotta wait before jumping to conclusion.

That's fine by me if that's the look they go for. I honestly really like the aesthetics of that game; well, Captain Toad's updated version with the superior lighting anyway. Also had the best render artwork for Mario.

BiggNife

I still don't get why people are so angry about this, I'm just indifferent towards it.

You guys know all of the leaks said Ubisoft is developing this, right? It's not like they got EAD to do this instead of Metroid or something.

It's fine if you don't like the Rabbids. Then don't buy the game! Just, fuckin, play Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey and just ignore this game. It's not that hard.

You're right, but I don't buy rabbids games at all. Don't think I'm gonna start with this one. Just not my cup of tea. Hope it's good and everyone enjoys it. (Side note, I've never owned Super Mario RPG, either.)

I don't think there's ever been a Rabbids game which is rumored to be a SRPG though. So it's already not going to be like any Rabbids game before it, even less so when you factor in Nintendo likely overseeing/assisting with development.

I'm finding it quite easy to keep an open mind here.

...I kinda like it.

You're not the only one.

MrBadger

At what point does a 3D render of the Mario crew stop being "NSMB-ass"?

I was looking at the hills in the background. Makes me think we're going to be getting the standard Mario locales.

However, it's probably unreasonable to expect a crossover to really change up the locales. And hey, if everyone else can freak out about a single picture of a rabbid, I'm allowed to overreact over some grass and hills

ASIS

Well... I mean you guys were complaining that Mario has been quite safe and inoffensive lately..

I don't know what I expected though, that's just weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom