• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So in multiverse I see some battles recommend level 20+ characters. Is there some way to level or boost a character past 20?

Marvel

could never
Decided to pre-order the Ultimate Edition after watching the positive reviews for the game. Hopefully, there will still be open spots left in the PS4 guild once the game unlocks on Friday. :)
Never knew you liked fighting games xD

TheGrizz

Anyone have any general tips for a person who is generally bad at fighting games? Characters to use and/or general tips? I'm typically a button masher but I feel like I'd like to get gud at this game.

Alo0oy

Banned
I just started the game and I got a Diamond Box from linking to the mobile game, should I open it immediately or is there a system where it guarantees you getting items you don't have, which means keeping the diamond boxes for last is optimal?

Carm

I finished the story campaign earlier this morning and have a question for PS4 version players.

Is anyone else getting audio cutting out during story cutscenes occasionally? Audio even cut out for a moment during the credits, playing in regular PS4.

vg260

I just started the game and I got a Diamond Box from linking to the mobile game, should I open it immediately or is there a system where it guarantees you getting items you don't have, which means keeping the diamond boxes for last is optimal?

There's a loading screen that states the level of the gear is set based on when the box is awarded, so waiting until you are a higher level will not increase the reward.
from Reddit:
1xn5860etuxy.jpg

fernoca

According to the in-game tips, once a box is given to you the rewards are set. They don't get better by opening them later.

Alo0oy

Banned
There's a loading screen that states the level of the gear is set based on when the box is awarded, so waiting until you are a higher level will not increase the reward.

Damn it, should have waited before linking to the mobile game lol. So I should open it now or it becomes useless with low level gear later?

DrBo42

Anyone have any general tips for a person who is generally bad at fighting games? Characters to use and/or general tips? I'm typically a button masher but I feel like I'd like to get gud at this game.

I'd say start with Superman. Good damage and solid options for either zoning or getting in close.

vg260

Damn it, should have waited before linking to the mobile game lol. So I should open it now or it becomes useless with low level gear later?

No idea yet. Maybe I'll wait myself.

or maybe the free one from the mobile game is capped at a lower level anyway.

I'm gonna try to pick this up today from Best Buy. I think it'll be a good game to just pick up and play if time i don't have a ton of time to play anything.

FluxWaveZ

I dunno if the first Injustice was like this, but I feel like there's something weird about how this game reads inputs. Like, the previous button you pressed will persist in memory when you go for a Special Move Cancel into something else, which makes the input for an entirely different special move than intended come out if your timing is slightly off.

DrBo42

I dunno if the first Injustice was like this, but I feel like there's something weird about how this game reads inputs. Like, the previous button you pressed will persist in memory when you go for a Special Move Cancel into something else, which makes the input for an entirely different special move than intended come out if your timing is slightly off.

Yeah, this has been hell for me in trying to get freeze breath out of a combo on Superman. Usually just comes out as laser because my timing is ass.

Gurrry

Back down 2 back for firestorm is killing me. Such an unnatural move and it never comes out right.

My firestorm dreams are being shattered

I think the game is heavy on negative edging. In MKX there was an option to turn it off in the pause menu. Not sure about this game as I don't have it yet.

Wallach

Make sure to turn off input shortcuts and negative edge in the options, they are trash for this game.

FluxWaveZ

I think the game is heavy on negative edging. In MKX there was an option to turn it off in the pause menu. Not sure about this game as I don't have it yet.

Make sure to turn off input shortcuts and negative edge in the options, they are trash for this game.

Thanks, that was it. Timing's tighter on some of this stuff than I'd expect, but at least I'm not getting the wrong thing out anymore.

Wallach

Thanks, that was it. Timing's tighter on some of this stuff than I'd expect, but at least I'm not getting the wrong thing out anymore.

If you aren't used to MK style inputs just realize you are generally committing to entire strings. Hit confirms aren't absent but links aren't really a thing.

Ok, I feel tricked

After reading the other thread how amazing this game looks I bought it. I am disappoint

I played the first game a hundred years ago on PC and this game hardly looks better. Is this running on UE3? Man, I had higher hopes

Gurrry

Ok, I feel tricked

After reading the other thread how amazing this game looks I bought it. I am disappoint

I played the first game a hundred years ago on PC and this game hardly looks better. Is this running on UE3? Man, I had higher hopes

Lol what? This game looks incredible

Ok, I feel tricked

I know lol, it looks horrible. It has like no art style.

Realeza

Banned
Ok, I feel tricked

Either your memory is fucked or your eyes are lmao.

Wallach

Ok, I feel tricked

did you accidentally buy gods among us

because otherwise this is fake news

Is there a digital version on PSN?

Yes, the North America version is already available. Just for reference, every PS4 game available physically is also available digitally.
Dont give me that look

I am serious, is this game running on UE3?
Why would it make a difference what it's running on? Judge the graphics by the end result.

It's running on a HEAVILY modified version of UE3, they used the same one for MKX but they've upgraded it.

tumblr_mc42de4nTa1r7ge2r.gif

There are several threads where you can take that garbage. This isn't the time or place.

Im asking because I read about it on the other thread, dunno if they were talking about this game or the first.

But I shouldnt have brought up the first game because I hardly remember it so my bad

Top Bottom