• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

I heard people are still shitting on Dragon for daring to use Aquaman to win money at Evo. It was boring, yeah but I'd drop that chump Red Hood and play a top tier god if I had the chance to win a bunch of money.

delSai

I heard people are still shitting on Dragon for daring to use Aquaman to win money at Evo. It was boring, yeah but I'd drop that chump Red Hood and play a top tier god if I had the chance to win a bunch of money.
For sure, its not about Entertainment, money's on the line so they should pick whoever they can win with.

Boring to watch of course, but it doesnt matter. Last few Tournamens seemed really fun tho

lol when SonicFox does it at grand finals of EVO it's fine but when Dragon does it it's a problem.

JAXXX

He tried Wonder Woman(against Noble Semiij Catwoman) and was blown up badly....then he went bad to AQUAMAN

patchday

It's all fun and games until someone decides to switch to Aquaman/Black Adam.

Are people still complaining bout this? When literally neither one of these characters are in the Grand finals all weekend (Grand Final being the final match I refer to). And Dragon's Aquaman got smashed but I will give Dragon respect for sticking with his Aquaman inspite of nerfs. I didnt think he had that in him

And I disagree with you 100%. It is fun watching Dragon's Aquaman getting smashed you couldnt be more wrong to be frank. It was fitting watching his teammate roll him over

SonicFox won this weekend with Red Hood / Iceman. No need to drop Red :)

It's pretty amazing how balanced this game has been in comparison to previous NRS games. A lot of characters getting represented at tournaments. I still love the fact that Captain Cold wasn't considered very good but Sonic has been slaying people with him. It goes to show you really got to think outside of the box with some of these characters. They may lack certain things that you would normally wish for of a character but excel at other things you wouldn't expect, that truly reveals their optimal play. I wish I was half as good as Sonic with Cold :(.

Good thing you already pilot a mean Capt Cold though. You saw he had potential before the buffs now you can benefit from all your hard work

vg260

Anyone think we'll get the FP2 reveal this week? I think it's 50/50 on either showing up Friday with a character gameplay next week vs just the FP2 reveal for gamescom.

I think Friday would be the earliest since Starfire is out this Tuesday for everyone.

I just want that reveal already. Feels like we've been waiting forever, and I hate this mystery stuff.

Ryce

I'm hoping for the FP2 reveal this week, Black Manta's trailer next week for Gamescom, and a Black Manta release in early September.

bubumiao

I'm hoping for the FP2 reveal this week, Black Manta's trailer next week for Gamescom, and a Black Manta release in early September.

Anyone think we'll get the FP2 reveal this week? I think it's 50/50 on either showing up Friday with a character gameplay next week vs just the FP2 reveal for gamescom.

I think Friday would be the earliest since Starfire is out this Tuesday for everyone.

I just want that reveal already. Feels like we've been waiting forever, and I hate this mystery stuff.
I think we won't see FP2 trailer til next week at Gamescom.

vg260

I think we won't see FP2 trailer til next week at Gamescom.

Quite possible, but just the FP2 teaser reveal doesn't feel meaty enough to me. I'd expect something with gameplay. Are they going to be there in some capacity? I recall them being there last time, but it's a bit different when the game is in it's pre-release cycle. Maybe with not needing to be there to demo the game, a FP2 reveal itself would be enough, but it still seems like if they were there, just a character reveal doesn't seem worth the physical presence.

Seijuro

Is there still an active GAF Guild? Joined one of the House of Ls back at release, but that is doa last time I checked.

Keym

Are people still complaining bout this? When literally neither one of these characters are in the Grand finals all weekend (Grand Final being the final match I refer to). And Dragon's Aquaman got smashed but I will give Dragon respect for sticking with his Aquaman inspite of nerfs. I didnt think he had that in him

And I disagree with you 100%. It is fun watching Dragon's Aquaman getting smashed you couldnt be more wrong to be frank. It was fitting watching his teammate roll him over
Yeah, they weren't in the grand finals, thank god, but more than once in top 8 people switched characters as soon as they lost one or two games. I don't blame them, I'd rather win as well, but it's boring. I do enjoy it when people blow them up with lower tier characters, I'll grant you that!

And the thing with Dragon is that he doesn't seem like such a good player. Look at Sonicfox, I'm more than sure that he can master any character he wants and beat you 10-0 like it was nothing. But Dragon? He seems helpless when he can't spam the best move in the game.

patchday

Yeah I actually agree with you in a way but for me I just hate seeing Deadshot since the character feels so one dimensional. I am actually fine with zoning but Deadshot is just so dull. Why they drop Deathstroke for him I can never ever comprehend. Deathstroke is just way more interesting too me. That Judas Contract movie just made my desire for Deathstroke mighty return greater

Guess they obviously wanted to get in on that Suicide Squad movie 'success'

Maybe I got sick of Aquaman at EVO sure. Only reason now I enjoy Aquaman is because he got nerfed and I enjoy watching Dragon lose.

Aquaman just feels so generic in this game I hope he gets a premier skin with a better personality

sephi22

Can someone give me a down low on the new patch? Who got dumpstered and who's the most improved?
I got the game yesterday. Wanted to main Gorilla Grodd since before the launch but he seems booty if you can't do his run cancels, which I find near impossible.

Is Ivy good?

vg260

I can't prove it but I think this is netherrealms way of getting back at people for glitching the fuck out of the multiverse. Make it impossible to take advantage of in any way.

They certainly seem to have gotten stingier with the shaders recently. This sucks for everyone though.

They certainly seem to have gotten stingier with the shaders recently. This sucks for everyone though.

Yeah, and they always seemed kinda pissy about people glitching. Well here's an idea for them make drop rates fun like in Diablo 3 and people wouldn't have felt like they had to cheat.

Xevren

Meanwhile, as someone who hasn't glitched...

I honestly am over this gear stuff. Hope in future games we just have costumes over this.

I think, for shaders and abilities, the more you unlock, the less likely you are to unlock another (there's less in the pool for RNG as you can't get duplicates).

Can someone give me a down low on the new patch? Who got dumpstered and who's the most improved?
I got the game yesterday. Wanted to main Gorilla Grodd since before the launch but he seems booty if you can't do his run cancels, which I find near impossible.

Is Ivy good?

Aquaman got nerfed hardest with the tentacle strike nerf lowering his overall damage output, trident rush does less chip and he can't pressure with b123 being + like before (which kinda needed to happen I guess) Canary, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman are way better now. Grodd also got buffed. Ivy is good yeah. She has some kinda tough matchups but she's good overall. Honestly play whoever you want there aren't too many characters that are complete ass yet, the worst are probably swamp thing and beetle and I'd consider both of them underdeveloped with potential anyways. You'll just need a sub character for a few matchups if you really want to win depending on who you end up choosing.

patchday

Is Ivy good?

try to start off with a ranged character that has full screen options and then work your way towards Grodd. I see so many younger players get frustrated and bounce after they get zoned out. Being new, you probably just wont use MB Roll enough in battle, etc. Plus you just won't know how to build your meter. You'll get wrecked probably

But hey if you don't mind taking some losses just play what you want.

I'd recommend somebody nice & smooth like Green Arrow. Ever seen a Green Arrow player whine on the boards? No? I havent either. There is also Supergirl and a bunch of other characters. These are characters you'll never hear their 'mains' run to the boards to cry what some nasty Deadshot/Aquaman/BlackAdam done to them.

[edit]

My list for Noobs to play:
Batman ***** (watch ForeverKing use batarangs to protect himself to slide in on a zoner)
Firestorm / Starfire (they have some interesting tech like Air Dash + Fall + Meteor)
Green Arrow *****
Starfire ****
Darkseid (anti-zone/zone kit), but most moves not 'safe' and you'll get bodied if they get too close
Black Adam
Deadshot
(Probably many more but these are the characters I've used online apart from Deadshot/BA. Also maybe Green Lantern)

Not so easy:
Wonder Woman (her F23 + B3 takes lots of labs to connect reliably and I just saw a pro still miss the hookup this weekend, random trait still random with only like 2 abilities that can help against zoners)
Harley (great zoning tools but can get zoned out by a dedicated zoner, you need that MB Roll)
Many other characters!

(Btw no idea on Ivy but she seems solid too me)

Matchup practice:
You gotta practice in a lab against Supergirl's Teleport Punch. Also CrackedPebbles taught me I needed to lab against her move where she can jump and land on you. Hard to block sometimes
Also practice against a Deadshot bot or Dr Fate bot. Learn to time MB roll into them doing their recovery

(If you dont lab against these basic things you'll suffer a little but you'll learn after getting bodied a little)

BadAss2961

I can't prove it but I think this is netherrealms way of getting back at people for glitching the fuck out of the multiverse. Make it impossible to take advantage of in any way.
It makes absolutely no sense though. Why sort through and sacrifice 100 epics for 6 epics (best case scenario for diamond box) and 1 shader?

Compbros

Is Ivy good?

Ivy is good, but not casual friendly besides her zoning. A lot of her combos have some tight timing if it involves forward 3. Superman is about as casual friendly as it gets: One of the best normals in the game, high damaging and easy to pull off combos, good zoning and movement. He has all the tools to succeed and several ways to play.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
the worst are probably swamp thing and beetle and I'd consider both of them underdeveloped with potential anyways.

I'm really enjoying Swamp Thing. He's my second sub after Black Canary. I haven't quite got his extended combos down, but he has something in his bag of tricks for most situations. When played right (not by me!), I can see him being just a huge wall of compost pushing across the screen. :D

I only wish he had his teleport ability as standard, y'know, rather than Abigail's Garden which requires a lot of set-up or a corner to make useful.

patchday

I gotta give NRS their props. I initially thought they just insert MK characters just advertise Mortal Kombat. But man, anytime I go online I see an eager army of Subzeroes to fight. And it was smart to give him the Casual ability to teleport. Makes him easier to use in non-competitive modes for new players, etc

So apparently a ton of folks want these MK dudes.

I figure I need to find reasons to come to terms with MK dudes showing up. Just hope Raiden comes with a Black Lightning skin or something. But I am worried he won't ;(

Compbros

I gotta give NRS their props. I initially thought they just insert MK characters just advertise Mortal Kombat. But man, anytime I go online I see an eager army of Subzeroes to fight. And it was smart to give him the Casual ability to teleport. Makes him easier to use in non-competitive modes for new players, etc

So apparently a ton of folks want these MK dudes.

I figure I need to find reasons to come to terms with MK dudes showing up. Just hope Raiden comes with a Black Lightning skin or something. But I am worried he won't ;(

People love guest character DLC. Freddy/Scorpion were the number 1 selling DLC in MK9/IGAU respectively.

Ryce

Fighter Pack 2 will be revealed at Gamescom.

yh3vmss.jpg

I agree.

And even the costumes pieces feel really limited. Just go through videos of the IJ2 online beta and there was a fuck tonne more options especially for Black Canary.

I don't even want to play anymore cause everyone wants to play their unbalanced mess of an rpg. Preach it they took all the good gear out and left us with a bunch of the same stuff with different amounts of armor on the piece.

Top Bottom