• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

JAXXX

i wonder if any of her concept art costumes will make it in as gear?
x4EMNw3.jpg

July Injustice 2 solicit:
Get ready for the Origin of Supergirl! Jump back in time to see the early life of Kara Zor-el and the destruction of Krypton. Sent to Earth to be her infant cousin Kal-el’s protector, an accident delays her by decades. She’s met upon her eventual arrival by a most unexpected benefactor and learns a very different version of the story of Superman’s regime.

July Injustice 2 solicit:

With Supergirl learning the story of Superman's regime in this issue, I'd imagine it draws close to the beginning of the game.

Was the solicit for the July 5th issue of Injustice 2 posted?

INJUSTICE 2 #5
Written by TOM TAYLOR
Art by BRUNO REDONDO and JUAN ALBARRAN
Cover by BRUNO REDONDO
Batman pays a visit to Ted Kord, beseeching him to become part of the team that rebuilds the world—not as Blue Beetle, but as Ted Kord, inventor and industrialist. But Batman’s not the only one who has designs on Ted. A trusted old friend pops in, as does someone else—someone with less noble intentions.
On sale JULY 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+ • DIGITAL FIRST

vg260

Oh, yes. Finally we get Dr. Octopus in a fighting game!

I wonder how he uses those tentacles in gameplay. I hope it's interesting. Might overlap with what Spawn could do with his chains if he's in as DLC.

Tyaren

Great artwork, excited to see the finished, full piece.
Aquaman has a beard in that artwork by the way and his trident is weirdly positioned and cut in half. They really didn't know what to do with him for a long time. XD

I just finished the second issue of Injustice 2. The art and writing are fantastic. I highly recommend grabbing this issue, as well as the first, if you're interested in the "lore" of the game. There's a rich history to the Injustice Earth that the comics are exploring.

There's more great character moments; this time between the
Lance-Queen family
and
Doctor Fate
. I love that
Dinah
and
Oliver's
first instinct is to fight
Fate
. It speaks volumes about their unwillingness to take their second chance for granted. I hope we see more of the
family
next issue; we already know the outcome of
Fate's
offer, but I want to see
their return to the Injustice Earth.

I'm confused by the ending, but I'm sure that was Tom Taylor's intended response. I initially believed Batman
killed Amanda Waller and Rick Flag
, but I'm not so sure now. It's too ambiguous.

Is Superman in it or is he chained in prison ?

The Injustice 2 comic series is set between the first and second game.

Superman is in prison, where he'll likely remain
until the events of the game begin, given they've suggested Supergirl breaks him out of his cell in present day.

Slaythe

Aaand I'm out :p .

Guess I'll just discover the story with the game. If there's backstory stuff that is interesting I might check it out later on like did with the first game.

Aaand I'm out :p .

Guess I'll just discover the story with the game. If there's backstory stuff that is interesting I might check it out later on like did with the first game.

I'm sure he'll make appearances from time to time. It'd be silly for him to break out, however, only to be captured and returned to his cell, just in time for
Supergirl to break him out again when the events of the game begin.
I think he'll make an interesting Hannibal Lector type character appearing only in the background, though still having an impact on events to come.

Great artwork, excited to see the finished, full piece.
Aquaman has a beard in that artwork by the way and his trident is weirdly positioned and cut in half. They really didn't know what to do with him for a long time. XD

The beard is normal for Injustice Universe Aquaman.

I guarantuee you in Story mode Aquaman is douche Aquaman from the first game and his default isnt in story mode like the Human forms of the Zombies in MKX.

bubumiao

I'm getting excited for this game. I'm excited about gear, just hope it's not lame. I'm afraid people won't take it serious since it won't be usable in tournaments.

However, the people I play with will be online so hopefully some people will actually choose to play with gear. I intend to because I've been wanting a fighting game with RPG elements for a long time and this is essentially just that.

It's always been 3.

Thanks! I wasn't sure, because I buy digital. So I guess that means we'll see three digital issues dedicated to Supergirl's Injustice origin. I'm curious about the unexpected benefactor who shares "alternative facts" with her about Superman's regime. I'm guessing it's Brainiac himself, in order to cause chaos and divert attention from his invasion of Earth. The heroes and villains will obviously be too busy fighting each other to rally against Brainiac. A member of the Society, such as Grodd, could also fulfil this role, but I think Brainiac is more likely.

I feel like I am the only one who doesn't have an issue with her entire look lol, pretty to me. Very curious about her alt gear though, should be fantastic.

You're not the only one. Every time Catwoman is mentioned, there's a comment about her supposed "ugliness". I'm sure it won't be long before we have another one. It's tiresome to be honest.

bubumiao

Let's speculate who might be DLC characters. Looking at the Wikipedia page for Injustice 1 I noticed that Gorilla Grodd and Scarecrow made cameos as well as Metallo, so I'm thinking this dude might make it into 2. He seems kind of boring, but basically I just want to discuss possible DC heroes/villains I'm not familiar with. I was never into comics (Marvel or DC), so the X-Men are what introduced me to the world of super heroes/villains lore (Marvel & DC).

https://youtu.be/8moH48lVIoU

Let's speculate who might be DLC characters. Looking at the Wikipedia page for Injustice 1 I noticed that Gorilla Grodd and Scarecrow made cameos as well as Metallo, so I'm thinking this dude might make it into 2. He seems kind of boring, but basically I just want to discuss possible DC heroes/villains I'm not familiar with. I was never into comics (Marvel or DC), so the X-Men are what introduced me to the world of super heroes/villains lore (Marvel & DC).

https://youtu.be/8moH48lVIoU

I don't think Metallo is interesting enough to be playable unless NRS tapped into some of his more unique, yet seldom used powers, such as his ability to reform his limbs into tools and weapons. I'd rather his appearances continue to be limited to cameos.

Gleethor

My official predictions for season 1 of DLC (aka the first 9) are:

Constantine
Starfire
Static

Red Hood
Black Manta
Ares (releasing right around the time WW release in theaters)

Spawn
Sub-Zero or maybe Johnny Cage
Dr Manhattan

My official predictions for season 1 of DLC (aka the first 9) are:

Constantine
Starfire
Static

Red Hood
Black Manta
Ares (releasing right around the time WW release in theaters)

Spawn
Sub-Zero or maybe Johnny Cage
Dr Manhattan

I hope we see more female characters than you've predicted here.

BRYCKER

Lol you're right. And I do feel bad for pointing it out because like you said, it wouldn't be much different from me going on stage and trying to play counter strike (which would be awfully embarrassing). It's just a bummer when a game you're looking forward to and chomping at the bits for more footage of gets demonstrated on stage by people who are completely unfamiliar with more than likely NRS games. Not those players fault by any means, I'd just think management would try to find people that they know are more familiar with it. People are going to watch that video and go "oh fuck, NRS jank. They were right. Look how stiff that animation is!" Lol.

Btw, you going to be online at all tonight? You know I can't say much about those people because you whooped my ass a few times in KOF! ;)

Yo. What systems are you on and can I FR you for all things Injustice? I am XB1 and PS4 for reference.

Ryce

Speaking of Injustice 1, most of the Injustice 2 newcomers make cameo appearances in some form or another.
  • Robin - Nightwing’s alternate Regime costume is Damian Wayne
  • Black Canary - Green Arrow has a picture of her in story mode (and there’s concept art of her, possibly suggesting that she was going to be playable)
  • Doctor Fate - his costume is on display in the Hall of Justice
  • Poison Ivy - her cell is in the Arkham Asylum stage
  • Mr. Freeze (premier skin) - his cell is also in the Arkham Asylum stage
  • Scarecrow - he’s in an Arkham Asylum stage transition and in a few of the S.T.A.R. Labs missions
  • Atrocitus - he’s in the background of Metropolis and in a S.T.A.R. Labs mission
  • Gorilla Grodd - he’s in the background of Stryker’s Island
  • Deadshot - he’s also in the background of Stryker’s Island
  • Darkseid - he’s in a Hall of Justice stage transition
Only Supergirl, Swamp Thing, Blue Beetle, Firestorm, Brainiac, Cheetah, and Captain Cold aren’t directly referenced in the game, though Supergirl, Swamp Thing, and Brainiac have support cards in the mobile game.

Top Bottom