• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Scotia

Banned
It might be worth mentioning that Mortal Kombat X's first DLC trailer (which revealed Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and Predator) was released exactly three weeks before the game came out. We're approaching the three week mark for Injustice 2, so maybe we'll get a DLC trailer in the next few days.

A DLC tease at the end of the character reveal trailer on Friday would be pretty sweet.

J-Tier

DLC Wishlist
4. Big Barda
Big Barda is another character I'd be down to see. She treads a few of the same beats as Wonder Woman, however, with the Mega-Rod and a few assists from Mister Miracle and other New Gods, she could have a fantastic moveset.

Sesha

DLC wishlists eh?

1. Cassandra Cain
2. Batwoman
3. Vixen
4. Black Manta
5. Booster Gold
6. King Shark
7. Plastic Man
8. Klarion the Witch Boy
9. Hellboy

Honorable mentions: Kahina the Seer, Catman, Katana, John Constantine, Animal Man, Shade the Changing Man, Etrigan, Mera, The Shade, Circe, Egg-Fu.

Edit: More honorable mentions: Larfleeze, Red Tornado, Red Volcano, Black Beetle, Blaqualad, Black Lightning, Tanya Spears, The Question, Ya'Wara, The Brain, Mister Nobody.

J-Tier

DLC wishlists eh?

Honorable mentions: Kahina the Seer, Catman, Katana, John Constantine, Animal Man, Shade the Changing Man, Etrigan, Mera, The Shade, Circe, Egg-Fu.
A member of The Others, Shade the Changing Man and Egg-Fu...we have aligning tastes. Shade the Changing man would be a visual spectacle. Egg-Fu would make a great MODOK counterpart.

tim1138

Big Barda is another character I'd be down to see. She treads a few of the same beats as Wonder Woman, however, with the Mega-Rod and a few assists from Mister Miracle and other New Gods, she could have a fantastic moveset.

Barda would be pretty easy to develop a fun moveset for. I'd save Scott for her super because lord knows Barda doesn't need any assists from other characters.

DLC wishlists eh?

1. Cassandra Cain
2. Batwoman
3. Vixen
4. Black Manta
5. Booster Gold
6. King Shark
7. Plastic Man
8. Klarion the Witch Boy
9. Hellboy

I'm not sure what kind of moveset Shade would have, but I'd love to see it.

Khezu

All I really want is Manta and space Mileena.
YQohHAM.jpg

Any Lantern rep would be good though.

sinkfla87

Have they shown Supergirl on stream yet? I really wanna see Powergirl already.

I don't think they're going to go into much detail and stream characters that were in the beta, but hey maybe they'll show PG on the steam this Thursday? It could be a "preorder ultimate edition!" showcase.

J-Tier

All I really want is Manta and space Mileena.
Any Lantern rep would be good though.
Yeah, I'm down with Larfleeze, Saintwalker, Star Sapphire, Fatality, or an updated Sinestro. I'd like Bleez too, but she'd be redundant with Atrocitus.

Compbros

It might be worth mentioning that Mortal Kombat X's first DLC trailer (which revealed Tanya, Tremor, Jason, and Predator) was released exactly three weeks before the game came out. We're approaching the three week mark for Injustice 2, so maybe we'll get a DLC trailer in the next few days.

Wasn't it leaked a little after the Jason reveal so they threw a quick quality together?

Tyaren

Isn't Manta part of the stage transition of Atlantis? They then have to switch him out for someone else smacking you around if he joins the roster.

tim1138

Isn't Manta part of the stage transition of Atlantis? They then have to switch him out for someone else smacking you around if he joins the roster.

Why? You can have Doomsday hit Doomsday into Doomsday in the Fortress of Solitude in Injustice 1.

DLC wishlists eh?

1. Cassandra Cain
2. Batwoman
3. Vixen
4. Black Manta
5. Booster Gold
6. King Shark
7. Plastic Man
8. Klarion the Witch Boy
9. Hellboy

You got good taste, I'd especially love to have the bolder become DLC.

Do you guys think Injustice 2 will have story mode unlocks? I can't remember if MKX had any I think you had to unlock Shinnok by beating story mode right?

sephi22

Do you guys think Injustice 2 will have story mode unlocks? I can't remember if MKX had any I think you had to unlock Shinnok by beating story mode right?
Shinnok in MKX. Quan Chi and Cyber Sub Zero in MK9.
Finishing IJ1 gave a Superman skin, so I expect everything to be unlocked this time around. I can see them dangle Joker or Brainiac as an unlock if they really want to force players to play through it

sephi22

I don't think Brainiac will be hidden when we're getting a gameplay trailer three weeks from launch.
Cyber Sub was a secret. Quan Chi and Shinnok were revealed pre-release but still needed to be unlocked.
I'm with you, though. I don't think they'll have locked characters

Neoxon

Since we're doing DLC wish lists, here's mine.
  1. Static
  2. Constantine
  3. Katana
  4. Vixen
  5. Black Manta
  6. Nightwing*
  7. Shazam*
  8. Lex Luthor*
  9. Booster Gold
* = Bring them from another Earth.

But Batgirl already has an established moveset, and Batwoman is very different. I wouldn't be a fan of it personally.

Given Ed Boon doesn't repeat DLC, if Batgirl's not a Premier Skin, you're not going to see her again until possibly the next game. I'm okay with her being a Premier Skin in spite of having an established move set for that reason.

I heard Ed Boon got super pissed when everyone was mad that Rain Sindel and the ultra loser Baraka just had cameos so I wouldn't expect any cameos from the cut cast.

Negaduck

I'd prefer not to have any characters locked behind story mode completion. I personally just want to have everything ready out the box.

But I know a ton of people are okay with/want an unlock so if they do that that's okay too

sinkfla87

I heard Ed Boon got super pissed when everyone was mad that Rain Sindel and the ultra loser Baraka just had cameos so I wouldn't expect any cameos from the cut cast.

Yeah I heard the same. However, it's DC and they should include everyone they can regardless of whether or not they're playable. In MKX, you could actually fight those characters and I think that's what pissed people off (I thought it was cool). In IJ2, they could just not make you fight the cut characters but have them in the story, I think that would be a nice way of going about it.

Garlador

Eh, it's Ed. Don't take much of what he says seriously.

They did the exact same thing in many prior games. MK: Deception was crammed full of characters that weren't playable in the final game yet you fought in the adventure mode. So you were having battles with pretty much every character from Deadly Alliance, even if they weren't selectable in the new game.

Cameos are something they love to do, even if fans were "sure" that because they had a model you could fight in the game that they were "locked on disc" future DLC... which was not always the case.

We asking for fucking Egg-Fu but no one's mentioned Gentleman Ghost yet.

SMH.
I did actually...posted this quite a few pages back....

Hoping for (but not expecting) the following:

Heroes:
Elongated Man (would be a fun moveset if they went all out with stretching)
Booster Gold (for the intros mainly)
The Atom (could be a fun moveset/shrink & grow)
Red Tornado (no wind character yet)
Rorschach (w/ premium skin for The Question is my main reason to want this)
Hellboy (w/ Pearlman please)
The Vigilante (Erron Black was cool)

Villains:
Clayface (possibility for insane moveset)
Black Manta (cool design)
Gentleman Ghost (would love to see this oddball design)
Vandal Savage
Talia Al Ghul

Top Bottom