• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Gleethor

I did actually...posted this quite a few pages back....

Hoping for (but not expecting) the following:

Heroes:
Elongated Man (would be a fun moveset if they went all out with stretching)
Booster Gold (for the intros mainly)
The Atom (could be a fun moveset/shrink & grow)
Red Tornado (no wind character yet)
Rorschach (w/ premium skin for The Question is my main reason to want this)
Hellboy (w/ Pearlman please)
The Vigilante (Erron Black was cool)

Villains:
Clayface (possibility for insane moveset)
Black Manta (cool design)
Gentleman Ghost (would love to see this oddball design)
Vandal Savage
Talia Al Ghul
Elongated Man over Plastic Man? Plz

Ryce

The Atom is one of those unexpected characters that I could see making it in. He's a lead in a TV show, he's a fairly iconic DC hero dating back half a century, and he'd bring a completely unique aesthetic to the roster.

EulaCapra

DLC Wishlist:
- Starfire/Blackfire
- Vixen
- Mera
- Batwoman
- Big Barda
- Enchantress
- Silver Banshee
- Killer Frost
- Hawkgirl
- Raven
- Batgirl
- Zatanna

They're all women because I know in this day age, they're still going to just do a maximum of 2 playable DLC females for whatever sad reason.

DLC Wishlist:
- Starfire/Blackfire
- Vixen
- Mera
- Batwoman
- Big Barda
- Enchantress
- Silver Banshee
- Killer Frost
- Hawkgirl
- Raven
- Batgirl
- Zatanna

They're all women because I know in this day age, they're still going to just do a maximum of 2 playable DLC females for whatever sad reason.

I just saw your post over in the Marvel vs Capcom thread. I solemnly agree that we need more female representation.

Sadly Batgirl and Zatanna won't be part of this game's DLC roster. Batwoman and Mera are my most wanted. Enchantress could be fun if NRS turned up the dial on her insanity. She'd surely have a varied and highly visual move set. Silver Banshee is an interesting choice I haven't seen put forward. I could see her as more sonic focused Black Canary.

Khezu

Starfire and Vixen are the only two characters on the list that have a possibility of showing up.

More so Starfire.

None of the others have a chance in hell.

Mera would, but Manta takes priority over her, and I doubt they will do two Aquaman characters for DLC.

Starfire and Vixen are the only two characters on the list that have a possibility of showing up.

More so Starfire.

None of the others have a chance in hell.

Mera would, but Manta takes priority over her, and I doubt they will do two Aquaman characters for DLC.

Mera has the benefit of her upcoming debut in Justice League, likely giving her a higher profile.

Zetta

I did actually...posted this quite a few pages back....

Hoping for (but not expecting) the following:

Heroes:
Elongated Man (would be a fun moveset if they went all out with stretching)
Booster Gold (for the intros mainly)
The Atom (could be a fun moveset/shrink & grow)
Red Tornado (no wind character yet)
Rorschach (w/ premium skin for The Question is my main reason to want this)
Hellboy (w/ Pearlman please)
The Vigilante (Erron Black was cool)

Villains:
Clayface (possibility for insane moveset)
Black Manta (cool design)
Gentleman Ghost (would love to see this oddball design)
Vandal Savage
Talia Al Ghul

I would give anything for Clayface to be in this. Clayface is one of my favorite villains from the BTAS, his story just caught me off guard and has stayed with me for til today.

Clayface should be the physical embodiment of the random character selection. His intro could show him transform into a random character.

Bh2T228IUAAOPAj.jpg

Zetta

Clayface can get different colors while using different materials for himself I guess. Also if they get Ron Perlman to voice it again then can just as well add Hellboy O.O.

sinkfla87

Clayface should be the physical embodiment of the random character selection. His intro could show him transform into a random character.

Holy shit, how cool would it be if there was a hidden button combination when you choose random that did this? Steve if you're reading the thread, please take note lol.

Sesha

I think these female characters are the most likely, in roughly this order:

Starfire (loud fanbase, and popular in general, so lot of demand, also TT which NRS seems to have a thing for)
Katana (Big demand, Suicide Squad, been semi-pushed by DC for some time)
Mera (Decent demand, Justice League, been pushed by DC/WB lately)
Vixen (Decent demand, been semi-pushed by DC/WB lately with JL of A, animated series, and CW series presence, is on JLAction too)

Maybe Batwoman too. She's popular, and I can see them adding her as a Batgirl but not really to get around the no veterans as DLC policy.

Starfire almost seems a given at this point.
Mera and Katana not so much, Boon always had a penchant for guest characters when it comes to leveraging some sort of movie presence, and I don't think WB has that much control to force them to put those two in just because of JL/SQ
My guess is that the other character will be some out of left field pick like Star Sapphire or Circe.

But then again, WB needs all the help it can get with its cinematic universe so who knows.

I think these female characters are the most likely, in roughly this order:

Starfire (loud fanbase, and popular in general, so lot of demand, also TT which NRS seems to have a thing for)
Katana (Big demand, Suicide Squad, been semi-pushed by DC for some time)
Mera (Decent demand, Justice League, been pushed by DC/WB lately)
Vixen (Decent demand, been semi-pushed by DC/WB lately with JL of A, animated series, and CW series presence, is on JLAction too)

Maybe Batwoman too. She's popular, and I can see them adding her as a Batgirl but not really to get around the no veterans as DLC policy.

I think your choices are spot on; I agree with everything you've stated.

As for Batwoman, I am biased with my love for the character, but not only is she popular, DC has also been giving her a heavier push across their media platforms lately. Batwoman's involvement in the prequel comic and Harley Quinn's off-hand reference to the character give me hope. I think she has a good chance of making some kind of appearance, even as a means of making Batgirl available (as a Premier Skin) without breaking their "no repeat" DLC policy.

Sesha

I think your choices are spot on; I agree with everything you've stated.

As for Batwoman, I am biased with my love for the character, but not only is she popular, DC has also been giving her a heavier push across their media platforms lately. Batwoman's involvement in the prequel comic and Harley Quinn's off-hand reference to the character give me hope. I think she has a good chance of making some kind of appearance, even as a means of making Batgirl available (as a Premier Skin) without breaking their "no repeat" DLC policy.

Batwoman is difficult. On my list she could be third, fourth or fifth. She's prominent in the comics and has a bunch of merch, and is in two DTV animated films. But is not in any TV shows or games AFAIK (aside from an alt version on Batman: BatB). Gameplay-wise she'd have a lot in common with Batman, and maybe Robin and Black Canary, which might be a significant factor against her inclusion.

DLC wishlists?

1. Static
2. Metallo
3. Sinestro
4. Doomsday
5. Starfire
6. Rorschach
7. Hellboy
8. Booster Gold
9. Beast Boy

I'd put Martian Manhunter, Lobo, and Zod on this list, but thanks to Ed's no double DLC rule they seem to be all done for.

Batwoman is difficult. On my list she could be third, fourth or fifth. She's prominent in the comics and has a bunch of merch, and is in two DTV animated films. But is not in any TV shows or games AFAIK (aside from an alt version on Batman: BatB). Gameplay-wise she'd have a lot in common with Batman, and maybe Robin and Black Canary, which might be a significant factor against her inclusion.

She tops my wish list, but realistically, she's not going to make the roster ahead of the four female characters you put forth. As you said, mainstream audiences are yet to connect with her. With hopefully two season passes to come, not unlike MKX, she'll be the next logical choice if Katana, Starfire and Vixen make the cut.

I'm highly curious as to whether NRS intend to maintain an even hero/villain split over the final roster (including DLC characters), or if it's no longer important. It honestly doesn't bother me if we end with more heroes than villains on the roster, but if NRS does opt for a relatively even split, then many of the choices on everyone's wish list are probably unlikely. As it stands, including Darkseid, we have 15 heroes to 14 villains.

Ya know, I've accepted that at best Red Hood will be a Deadshot premiere skin. I just want him in the damn game. Outside of him, Batwoman could be rad, and Starfire would be neat. It's hard cause you can make the case for any character I've seen mentioned on here. And I'm such a colossal Batman fan any of those characters would make me happy. Surprise me, Boon!

Ya know, I've accepted that at best Red Hood will be a Deadshot premiere skin. I just want him in the damn game. Outside of him, Batwoman could be rad, and Starfire would be neat. It's hard cause you can make the case for any character I've seen mentioned on here. And I'm such a colossal Batman fan any of those characters would make me happy. Surprise me, Boon!

I do hope there are some surprising DLC characters for us. As much as I love leaks, the anticipation for each character reveal has suffered for me, knowing the entire roster so far in advance.

Goodstyle

My middle of the night wish list:

Lex Luthor (new, slimmer suit, new moveset)
Black Manta
Red Hood
Terra
Larfleeze
Vixen
Constantine
Static
Red Robin (staff fighter)

Sesha

So what's the deal with Terra? Why do people want her? The only things I know about her is that she was a traitor to the Teen Titans (?) who fucked Deathstroke while underage and later died. And that she had a clone or something that Black Adam punched a big hole through in 52. And that she can control lava, among other things, which I dig because lava/magma/volcano manipulation is an awesome power.

So what's the deal with Terra? Why do people want her? The only things I know about her is that she was a traitor to the Teen Titans (?) who fucked Deathstroke while underage and later died. And that she had a clone or something that Black Adam punched a big hole through in 52. And that she can control lava, among other things, which I dig because lava/magma/volcano manipulation is an awesome power.
She's part of the most iconic Teen Titans story, was part of the animated series and the new animated movie.

I'd much rather have Power Girl's Terra(who mostly just uses her regular name, Atlee):

She's part of the most iconic Teen Titans story, was part of the animated series and the new animated movie.

I'd much rather have Power Girl's Terra (who mostly just uses her regular name, Atlee):

I much prefer Atlee as well. She's an underrated character; I'd love to see her given more time in the spotlight.

Malrend

DLC Wishlist:

- Death
- Dream
- Delirium

Although I realise that it is far from realistic.
Beast Boy and Metamorpho are also up there, but probably equally unlikely.

delSai

I want Stargirl to show up as DLC. I liked her in Infinite Crisis. And i didn't even think of Mary Marvel, but now i want her to be playable too. Plastic Man is still my #1 request though.

Top Bottom