• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

vg260

Have we seen any Fortress of Solitude or Brainiac Ship transitions in the new gameplay today? Do they even have transitions?

No, but we've seen two Brainiac levels.

The Fortress of solitude seems pretty underwhelming, so hopefully there is another level. The way the stage select screen is laid out, I can't imagine more than two will lack transitions.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The facial animations are so good.

You can tell this must hurt like a mofo.

2017-04-2523_38_03-in7nuyy.png

2017-04-2523_40_25-inwlsb2.png

It's crazy to see a Company that was hanging a thread from the Abyss to new top of the food chain it's Genre and up there in games in general.

They keep improving

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looking back at some of the Injustice 1 character models...

Just lol

C9-RWIwXgAAOFuH.jpg:large

NRS learned so much with this game wow.

sinkfla87

Waking up to all this Injustice (and dumbed down MVC) news has made my day. Time to ingest all this content lol. I saw where PND K&M got to play today and I'm looking forward to their write up.

Waking up to all this Injustice (and dumbed down MVC) news has made my day. Time to ingest all this content lol. I saw where PND K&M got to play today and I'm looking forward to their write up.
I was talking to them

They said they will upload soon

Edit: looking more like tomorrow

Injustice never looked good.

Tekken on ps2 had better faces. D:

I thought it was great with regard to its realisation of DC's iconic characters, costumes and greater universe. Yes, the Arkham series existed at the same time, but the scope of Injustice covered far more than Gotham.

sinkfla87

I was talking to them

They said they will upload soon

Edit: looking more like tomorrow

Ah awesome, thank you!
I know it's a lot of work getting all that stuff put together and into a fresh, coherent video (take note random YouTubers lol). I always like they have to say. I didn't expect a bunch of new media today at all so that should keep me satisfied until then haha. I think I've watched Darkseid super like 5 times already.

Slaythe

I thought it was great with regard to its realisation of DC's iconic characters, costumes and greater universe. Yes, the Arkham series existed at the same time, but the scope of Injustice covered far more than Gotham.

I guess I was a bit harsh, the costumes and stages were good.

It also had a lot of efforts put into its story mode.

Now that being said, the faces were definitely sub par and worst than the best ps2 title despite being on ps3.

Khezu

I guess I was a bit harsh, the costumes and stages were good.

It also had a lot of efforts put into its story mode.

Now that being said, the faces were definitely sub par and worst than the best ps2 title despite being on ps3.

It's facial animation was also hilariously bad and made the faces look even worse.
It was always so weird to me to me they focused so much on the clash system and giving the characters close ups when it looked like that.

At least they took that criticism to heart.

Slaythe

It's facial animation was also hilariously bad and made the faces look even worse.
It was always so weird to me to me they focused so much on the clash system and giving the characters close ups when it looked like that.

At least they took that criticism to heart.

What I think is even more incredible is that when Injustice 2 was revealed, it was also the worst looking characters around :p .

And then they completely changed everything and it's now setting the bar up there (for 3D graphics, Guilty Gear is setting the bar for "anime" style :D).

I remember cringing so hard at Supergirl and Superman's face. God and Aquaman.

And now they're all gorgeous :D .

delSai

WRONG!

I'd prefer Sub-Zero due to all the amazing gear options he'd have.

Gear is the only reason that would make me pick Sub over Johnny. There could be Shredder-Zero gear, which would be pretty cool.

But the possibilities of Cages dialogue alone puts him over Sub Zero

Khezu

Johnny would be top tier.

If not him, then Shao Kahn would also be cool.

Milleena/Kitana would be 3rd best.

Kano would be best best, but nice things don't happen.

delSai

If not Johnny then i want Reptile personally, i'm not sure what it is about this character, but i find him extremely hilarious

If not Johnny then i want Reptile personally, i'm not sure what it is about this character, but i find him extremely hilarious

Reptile with a heavily modified (slimmer, more agile) Killer Croc Premier Skin? Or a heavily modified (bulkier) Reptile with an original flavour Killer Croc Premier Skin?

I would only accept Reptile if it meant access to Killer Croc.

Goodstyle

Injustice 1 had 13 stages, 2 reskin stages, and 25 arenas overall.
Injustice 2 has 12 stages, 0 reskin stages, and 20-21 arenas overall.

Not great.

sinkfla87

Injustice 1 had 13 stages, 2 reskin stages, and 25 arenas overall.
Injustice 2 has 12 stages, 0 reskin stages, and 20-21 arenas overall.

Not great.

Injustice 2 may still very well have reskin stages ala MKX style, they're just not showing them yet because like in MKX they had to be unlocked through story mode. Plus there is a TON more shit going on in these stages than there was in I1. Just take a look at Brainiac's ship stage.

Top Bottom