• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inside Trump's Fury: The President Rages at Leaks, Setbacks, and Accusations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some questions.. some stuff I've been thinking about for a while. I noticed, especially on CNN, that they're constantly using "sources inside the WH", without naming anyone, then the Washington Post article names 17 individuals (some even who claim to be good friends of the president), some inside and outside of the WH, who wish to remain anonymous.

Is it normal that there's so many damn people who anonymously leak info to the press? And why isn't there a bigger deal being made that 17 anonymous individuals who are dumping info to WaPo not the big story for the Trump admin?

That number kind of shocked me. I'm surprised at the sheer amount of leakers and the massive info they seem to dump on a daily basis.

Imagine what it would be like to work for Trump. Then imagine you had an easy way to get under his skin with very little risk to yourself.

and said that when Bannon spoke recently about the “deconstruction of the administrative state,” he was also alluding to his aim of rupturing the intelligence community and its influence on the U.S. national security and ­foreign policy consensus.
Can someone explain what the hell Bannon is talking about? I don't understand what he means by "administrative state".

Surfinn

Every administration has had insiders that share their insider info with press contacts and asked to remain anonymous. A lot of times it's just mundane anecdotal stuff about people the president doesn't get along with or how he feels privately away from the podium. The reason these are "leaks" is because the information they contain is so insidious.

The high amount of "leakers" isn't unusual, those people have always existed. In fact, what would be unusual is if all this damning information was coming from just one source, like with Deepthroat.

So the amount of leakers and frequency of leaks is normal, but the leaks themselves are more significant than usual?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's something hilarious about a story about how Trump is becoming deranged over leaks that's almost entirely based on leaks about how deranged the leaks are making him.

There's a leak in his leak.

Can someone explain what the hell Bannon is talking about? I don't understand what he means by "administrative state".

They want to cut off the intelligence community because they believe its the source of the leaks.

The reality is that the source of the leaks isn't some specific sector of the government. It's everyone; dysfunctional administrations leak like 30-year old faucets. Trump could disband the CIA, the NSA and the FBI, and we'd still hear about him stamping up and down over some CNN report detailing his absurdities.

I actually think this is going to be his downfall - he's going to go after the First Amendment at some point and it's going to bite him in the ass becasue the Judiciary has never supported the kind of crackdown on the Press that he'd likely want.

Trump just wants everyone to like him and (constantly) say how great he is.

It's kind of sad that he can't see why this isn't happening. But personally, I'm happy that he's miserable. It helps a little bit with him being president that he isn't enjoying it.

Ac30

Trump just wants everyone to like him and (constantly) say how great he is.

It's kind of sad that he can't see why this isn't happening. But personally, I'm happy that he's miserable. It helps a little bit with him being president that he isn't enjoying it.

It's so funny to me that he doesn't realize that being a jackass doesn't play to the majority of the public. I'm willing to bet a large chunk of his own supporters support his policies but think he's distasteful. What educated person would think he's respectable?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
But he found reason to be mad again: Few Republicans were defending him on the Sunday political talk shows.
I read an article a month ago posted here about how Republicans legislators are "silently" protesting Trump by no longer supporting him through the media. I hope this is one of those signs.

They tried to put Trump in a better mood by going over their implementation plans for the travel ban, according to a White House official.
This is such a depressingly evil sentence.

zethren

Banned
Good, I'm glad he's miserable. I'm glad he's finally in a position where people are saying no to him, and disobeying him. It's just a shame that that position is POTUS.

Either way, I agree that things like this will be his downfall. He'll either crack completely because of the stress, or he'll do something 100% stupid and detestable like go after the 1st amendment.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
He eats well-done with ketchup?

It's worse than that. Imagine a well-done steak covered in ketchup. Now picture it starting out as the finest cut of aged beef.

Trump accused of supporting a horrible healthcare bill? Tweet about how Obama had a secret plan to bankrupt american when he signed the ACA into law

Did that happen? That would be pretty weird considering that Trump has talked about defaulting on the debt like it's some genius idea.

He's the embodiment of what rich people are like in America. Born into wealth, without a care in the world, having everyone do what you want out of a need for your approval, always getting what you want. Trump should be our wake-up call about class disparity in America.

It's like we're all witnessing a ridiculously stereotyped/caricatured version of the rich noble class that progressives always call out.

Syncytia

I wish they'd stop calling his fucking private club, that funnels tax payer money into his wallet, the "Winter WH". No, it is not.

At least they talked about this a bit on Jake Tapper today. It really needs to be a bigger story that Trump is essentially paying himself with tax payer money.

The idea of angry Trump is endlessly amusing to me.

He just doesn't get it. He's done "everything right", as far as his brain seems to think. Everything else must be the problem. Blame everything else.

"It cant possibly be my fault."
He's a fool who doesn't know he's a fool. He's a self fulfilling prophecy of chaos.

RDreamer

At least they talked about this a bit on Jake Tapper today. It really needs to be a bigger story that Trump is essentially paying himself with tax payer money.

The funny thing is that he complains about the Russia thing, but I think if the media actually had a chunk of time to really hit him hard on this stuff instead, I feel like people would care more about that than Russia.

Garlador

The idea of angry Trump is endlessly amusing to me.

He just doesn't get it. He's done "everything right", as far as his brain seems to think. Everything else must be the problem. Blame everything else.

"It cant possibly be my fault."
He's a fool who doesn't know he's a fool. He's a self fulfilling prophecy of chaos.

1aexp0.gif

"I didn't fail, you simpering twit! You failed! You all failed, just like you failed before!"

This has to start paying out with revolts inside the WH. Comey rebuking him is a good start, but he's outside both that and his inner circle. We need civil war in there and public meltdowns.

The funny thing is that he complains about the Russia thing, but I think if the media actually had a chunk of time to really hit him hard on this stuff instead, I feel like people would care more about that than Russia.

That really needs some prime real estate on front pages or first story on the nightly news with animated graphs and sound effects comparing it to cuts in the EPA, State Dept, etc.

cakely

Good.

It's a start.

Keep that blood pressure as high as possible and see if you can cut back on what little exercise you're getting.

Azuran

Banned
I don't know why people are finding the steak thing so surprising. After all, this is the same man who eats pizza with a fork and he's from New York!

Shoeless

Am I terrible for slightly hoping he has a hear attack from the stress?

Pragmatically speaking, it is the only quick, efficient way to resolve the leadership situation in America without violence, controversy or a raking the democratic system through the mud.

LosDaddie

Banned
Can't trust a man who eats well done steak. Doubly so if he eats it with ketchup.

Also, is the only proof of DJT "Raging at Leaks, Setbacks, and Accusations" a conversation on a golf course with a supposed friend of his? The rest of the article seems to be just trying support the narrative the writer wants, not with any real proof. Not that I'd be surprised that DJT acts this way.

Am I terrible for slightly hoping he has a heart attack from the stress?

Seems to be the sentiment.

fester

Banned
Pragmatically speaking, it is the only quick, efficient way to resolve the leadership situation in America without violence, controversy or a raking the democratic system through the mud.

But even then, expect conspiracy theories to run amok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom