• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac hint: Special Sunset Overdrive themed Xbox One coming soon?

Halo 2

Banned
Those white xbones are damn pretty.

The only thing that would get me to exchange my black one though would have to be a gears edition.

First to those saying game is gonna review low, Tara at rev3games gave Sunset Overdrive her best of E3 so dont be so sure

Second, wow I was just about to preorder game at Best Buy today (even though I dont have a Xbone yet) but this is even better

BTW with the BB gamer unlock card, just bought (to pick up) wolfenstein for $32

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
My reason for it not selling well: There are a ton of games coming out this fall, and I just think it is going to get lost in the shuffle.

My reason for review scores: Insomniac can make great games if they want too, but when was the last time they made a great unique game? I am going with 2009’s R&C: A Crack in Time, which was around five years ago.

This is my opinion, if you consider it shit, you can, but I am just voicing what I personally think is going to happen. Do I want it to happen? No I don't, I want the game to be fun, and I want game to sell well.

Bessy67

My reason for it not selling well: There are a ton of games coming out this fall, and I just think it is going to get lost in the shuffle.

My reason for review scores: Insomniac can make great games if they want too, but when was the last time they made a great unique game? I am going with 2009’s R&C: A Crack in Time, which was around five years ago.

This is my opinion, if you consider it shit, you can, but I am just voicing what I personally think is going to happen. Do I want it to happen? No I don't, I want the game to be fun, and I want game to sell well.
It just seems kinda weird that you're saying this after the game had such a great showing just a couple weeks ago at E3. I mean, it was nominated for 58 awards and won 30...

http://www.insomniacgames.com/sunset-overdrive-nominated-for-2-game-critics-e3-awards/

Ducayne

Slowing racking up GS credit for this pending announcement. Hope the controller is as dope as I'm imagining! Some cool paint splatters & graffiti, yes please!

Just hope they bundle it with kinect.

adelante

Maybe this is exactly why they're doing it. A new IP usually can't stand on its own merits and needs all the marketing push it can get, including putting out a themed console to entice potential owners into getting one. I'm not sold on Sunset but I can see why Microsoft wants to take the risk in investing heavily on it, apart from the fact that they can afford to do so. We'll see if it pays off for them this holidays.

White consoles aww yiss.

Might even take the plunge and buy myself a basic Wii U... Love white and this could be my first chance to have all 3 match.

Hatchtag

Banned
Hoping this is true, because then there'd almost certainly be a limited edition controller released as well. Give this and Master Chief Collection their own limited edition controllers, so I can have a nice set of four different looking controllers. That'd be lovely.

ironcreed

Banned
Nktrnl teased a white one a while back...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98878565&postcount=899

whitexboxone_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Such sex, much gorgeous. I was going to hold off for a white one, but said screw it and decided to go ahead and jump in. I find liquid black to be quite sexy as well.

Agreed. I want more than a white console.

MS set a standard for themed consoles last gen with the Halo and Gears consoles. Anything less for a SSO console would be a major letdown.

Properly themed console for SSO with a plain white 1tb console next year to replace Tue current 500gb is perfect.

Bsigg12

Bet it won't be coming to Japan. Incredible that the white PS4 isn't coming to JP either.

Eh not really. Console sales are so far down in Japan that it doesn't really warrant producing more consoles that'll sit on shelves and in warehouses for a long time.

MS set a standard for themed consoles last gen with the Halo and Gears consoles. Anything less for a SSO console would be a major letdown.

Properly themed console for SSO with a plain white 1tb console next year to replace Tue current 500gb is perfect.

With all the incredible art they have for Sunset Overdrive, it would disappointing if a special edition system didn't showcase some of it and have say an orange Xbox logo when turned on.

That wouldn't be smart in my opinion. The game is not going to sell well, and is likely to do 6-8 in review scores. They also have a ton of stock left for the orginal Xbox One with Kinect. I am not trying to be overly negative, I am trying to explain why they should/would not do it. I own an Xbox One and will pick up Sunset OverDrive, and am just being realistic.
Oh my.

I think the game is being overhyped, but the American media are already overselling this game. It isn't going to score that low, not a chance.

As for a white console for this game, just makes no sense. The game is all about colour.

Raide

The mix of orange and white in a messy style might work well. Just do an OverCharge branded one for laughs.

Yeah, people are seriously forgetting who Insomniac is as a developer - they haven't made anything resembling a great game in ages, or ever if Spyro isn't your cup of tea.

White console does look great though.

Bgamer90

Banned
Yeah, people are seriously forgetting who Insomniac is as a developer - they haven't made anything resembling a great game in ages, or ever if Spyro isn't your cup of tea.

But again, people who have actually played it said it's a solid game. No one is forgetting who they are.

Is it impossible for a company to make a solid game after making a few sub-par ones? Especially if the former is of a completely different style/nature?

I don't know why it'd be white. It's as, if not more, likely it'll be bright orange, or have a Overcharge Delirium XT theme and be absolutely mental. Or just be a black console with a mocked up can of Overcharge Delirium XT for collectors.

Destiny I get the white console it's sci-fi, clean, clinical, white. SO is crazy, colourful, anarchic - I just don't see white.

As long as it doesn't look like that Mountain Dew Xbox then it'll be fine.

Gusto

Already own the bone and didn't really dig what I played at E3. Judging by the games aesthetics, that would be one ugly xbox unless they go all white. Being an insomniac fan, the game was a real disappointment for me.

ironcreed

Banned
But again, people who have actually played it said it's a solid game. No one is forgetting who they are.

Is it impossible for a company to make a solid game after making a few sub-par ones? Especially if the former is of a completely different style/nature?

The only real dullard they have dished out has been Fuse. Resistance was nowhere near being bad, it just fell into the redundant shooter trap. As for Ratchet, it just played out. But this is the game they said that they have been wanting the freedom to make for years now, and in my opinion, it shows. It's the most refreshing exclusive game for this new generation that I have seen... by a long shot.

LAA

Personally don't get the white X1 hype... It having a white light on white material is what lets it down for me really.

Think Sunset Overdrive deserves a special limited edition for it really.

VaizardNL

Banned
Wouldn't it be strange to release this console after the release in the "Tier 2" countries in the same year? To me that seems like a very bad idea that could kill the release day hype?

Lucent

I'd be fine if they sold a Sunset Overdrive themed controller like Titanfall got. At least let me buy something like that separately. I'd love a SO themed Xbox, but I don't want to go through the trouble of buying that and selling my original one at a loss.

HiiiLife

Not to derail the thread, but did ntkrnl say anything about a Halo MCC X1? Cause if so I'd wait for that.

BUT, if it isn't a slick white one like the Sunset Overdrive, forget it.

Not to derail the thread, but did ntkrnl say anything about a Halo MCC X1? Cause if so I'd wait for that.

BUT, if it isn't a slick white one like the Sunset Overdrive, forget it.

I can't see them doing two custom consoles for specific games in 2 months personally, so I think they will just do the white/custom one for SO and then maybe the 1tb one for November but still black although even that sounds excessive. Maybe SO one will be 1tb

Resistance Fall of Man was a great old school shooter.

Health bars, mini bosses, crazy weapons, amazing multiplayer.

They did ruin R2 and R3 though.

That wouldn't be smart in my opinion. The game is not going to sell well, and is likely to do 6-8 in review scores. They also have a ton of stock left for the orginal Xbox One with Kinect. I am not trying to be overly negative, I am trying to explain why they should/would not do it. I own an Xbox One and will pick up Sunset OverDrive, and am just being realistic.

I'm sorry what?

White 1TB SO $399 bundle and I will move up my X1 purchase. Do it MS!

No impossible, but it's understandable why some people are hesitant and question the hype. Had Insomniac announced this after ACIT, I'd be hyped as hell, but they're an average dev at best nowadays.

Voror

I'd rather some colorful version for a game like SO. And even then I'd probably want the 1TB version. Still, good stuff.

Lucent

Buying a themed console for a game you haven't played before. lol.

You can love the art style though. Even if this game ended up sucking, I love the visual style and all that.

I really want a new Jet Set Radio to come out of nowhere with a console themed after it, too. lol

Top Bottom