• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Intelligent System is getting into figure production business

Mine too. She's in my top 5 favorite designs in the series, and one of my favorite designs in RPGs overall. I really want there to be a Fire Emblem Musou soon in the hopes of getting her as a playable character.

Yeah, the design is great, and her personality is very attractive. Definitely one of my favorite characters in the series.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
This is a great figure. But the point I'm making is that IS themselves is pushing the sexualized characters.

These are great figures. Especially the Nedoroids, but the Lucina Figma too. It's just depressing that IS - the game's publisher - only makes figures like this,

And is now making Camilla, basically publicly admitting to the series shift to waifu pandering nonsense.

And I quote myself:

I fully understand why, it's just... disheartening. I get that this has been a thing in the figure world for a long time, but Fire Emblem is - or was - hardly your average moe Japanese girl anime, and a family friendly Nintendo franchise, at that. To see the two overlap under IS's own umbrella is, yes, depressing. Being aware of the marketing reasons only makes it worse in this regard.

It's not about them making what I don't like and ignoring all other figures as people have been so quick to point out. It's about them making what I - and many others, but not as many as the anime moe crowd I guess - don't like and what that symbolically means for the franchise and the direction it's gone in.

Well... The previous 'direction' of the games led to the situation where Awakening became the last chance the series has before Nintendo scrapped it out entirely, due to the abysmal sales.

Would you rather have the series be obliterated entirely if it meant that it kept going along with the previous 'direction', whatever that was? Because clearly the new one worked wonders considering the strong sales of both Awakening and Fates.

Dice//

Banned
Yeah, the design is great, and her personality is very attractive.

YpE8t.jpg

Well... The previous 'direction' of the games led to the situation where Awakening became the last chance the series has before Nintendo scrapped it out entirely, due to the abysmal sales.

Would you rather have the series be obliterated entirely if it meant that it kept going along with the previous 'direction', whatever that was? Because clearly the new one worked wonders considering the strong sales of both Awakening and Fates.
I'd like them to reel the supports in and bring them more in line with the older series, and maybe bring in some of the FE4/5 level of betrayal in the story, but personally I really like the heavily stylized art style vs the much more grounded styles in the older ones.

Giolon

It looks like the paint job is looking pretty good. Plastikitty has some higher quality shots.

I might have to pick this figure up. I still have to play through FE Fates XD

Top Bottom