• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Internal 4TB PS4... Yeah, it's a thing.

Needlecrash

Update: So, when I tighten the screw to secure the hard drive and put the cover on, the disc drive makes an unpleasant sound. So, I'm working on figuring out how to get the cover on without it sounding like it's grinding. Besides that, everything is working well.

Hmmm...
civ8DoK.jpg

I'm not at that level of desperation yet.

Yeah that looks pretty damn brutal!

Valonquar

I *just* bought a 2TB firecuda to put in my PS4 Pro. Looking forward to shorter load times on zone loading in FFXV...that shit gets old fast. Still... for a while there I was on the OG PS4 with... a 128GB SSD. I was basically CONTSTANTLY juggling games. Moving to the stock 1TB drive on the Pro was an enormous relief, and with the 2TB I should be able to just leave everything installed for a good long while.

REDSLATE

I can't believe this thread is from over a year ago. 4TB in 2015 LUL j/k

Have you at least filled er up yet, OP?
I think I'm going to stick with my 500GB stock drive.
Yeah, it's been a while; whole new console revision with better GPU and everything. Who'd have thought?

Not full yet, but, then again, that was the idea from the beginning.
;)

Success! 5 TB drive installed. Now to restore everything which will take a little while...

Awesome man! Taking it to the next level.

Shout out to this guy:
wDOI3TD.jpg

The Pro is a lot tighter fit than a standard PS4, but props for doing what needed to be done.

Maybe in another year or two we'll have affordable, high-cap drives that fit these consoles better (preferably SSDs).

REDSLATE

I can't believe this thread is from over a year ago. 4TB in 2015 LUL j/k

Have you at least filled er up yet, OP?
I think I'm going to stick with my 500GB stock drive.
Yeah, it's been a while; whole new console revision with better GPU and everything. Who'd have thought?

Not full yet, but, then again, that was the idea from the beginning.
;)

Success! 5 TB drive installed. Now to restore everything which will take a little while...

1lZE25o.jpg

Awesome man! Taking it to the next level.

Shout out to this guy:
The Pro is a lot tighter fit than a standard PS4, but props for doing what needed to be done.

Maybe in another year or two we'll have affordable, high-cap drives that fit these consoles better (preferably SSDs).

Top Bottom