• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

JLck

Bought Fifa 15 from the Hong Kong store but it says 'too early'. Should have unlocked though right? Destiny unlocked based on Hong Kong time, it's 1AM there now.

After the whole Oman thing, I doubt I'd go near this. Happy to do it on EA Origin, but not my brothers Xbox

Well Microsoft did make it a region free marketplace so they only have themselves to blame. And the whole Oman thing was for free games using an exploite whilst this is just buying games from a different region.

BloodR0se

Following what we learnt about Pre-Downloads for 'foreign' stores, does anyone know the release date for Forza in HK and India?

Thanks!

Not 100% sure but I used to buy a lot of disc based games for the 360 from HK and iirc HK release dates are usually either pegged with the US or Japan, dependent on the title. It will most likely be the same as the American date for HK whereas the Indian release will be pegged with EU.

Guerrilla

So a friend of mine just got an xb1 but doesn't have access to a credit card. Am I getting this right that he can just buy a gift card on traget.com and redeem it on his (us set) console? No additional steps needed?

Edit: just saw that only 25$ gift cards are available at traget (15 and 50 are apparently sold out?) Any other site that offers them via paypal?

Not sure how long this has been the case...

You can now access the Indian / Hong Kong store on store.xbox.com

Simply change your 'location' (in the bottom left) and choose the store you want. This means you can now buy games from your computer and not just on your Xbox now.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work for me on the Indian store. Now that it is fully supported, it appears that you need a 'proper' Indian address to buy on desktop. That, or buy HK credit from somewhere.

Will try again on my Xbox when I get home :)

EDIT2: You can get Hong Kong Gift cards from Play Asia (works out a few pounds more expensive than straight credit card, still a good deal though)

Does anyone know if/where you can get India Gift cards?

BloodR0se

Not sure how long this has been the case...

You can now access the Indian / Hong Kong store on store.xbox.com

Simply change your 'location' (in the bottom left) and choose the store you want. This means you can now buy games from your computer and not just on your Xbox now.

EDIT: Nope, didn't work for me on the Indian store. Now that it is fully supported, it appears that you need a 'proper' Indian address to buy on desktop. That, or buy HK credit from somewhere.

Will try again on my Xbox when I get home :)

EDIT2: You can get Hong Kong Gift cards from Play Asia (works out a few pounds more expensive than straight credit card, still a good deal though)

Does anyone know if/where you can get India Gift cards?

It would have been there since earlier this week when the console officially launched in those regions.

Lettuce

Is Alien: Isolation up for sale on any of the stores yet?....dont think we are going to get a pre-order edition for the DD version are we!?

Tsukumo

I'll ask here.
I'm planning on buying the US version of Shadow of Mordor but I'm in Europe.
The game unlocks for US on the 30th of September but the 3rd of October for EU: if I buy the US version will it unlock the 30th or do I have to wait for the 3rd?
Going to buy the US version anyway (European censorship and all that) but being able to play it in advance would be a big plus.

Lettuce

Hmmm Shadow of Mordor is listed as unavailable in the US store for me, isnt Hong Kong the cheapest place to get it from?

Also when does Shadow of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 unlock on the Hong Kong store?

sangreal

Hmmm Shadow of Mordor is listed as unavailable in the US store for me, isnt Hong Kong the cheapest place to get it from?

Also when does Shadow of Mordor and Forza Horizon 2 unlock on the Hong Kong store?

October 7 and October 2

Forza Horizon 2
To pre-order this game please select one of the pre-order editions from the Xbox Store. XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 2/10/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 00:01 HKT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ Pre-order Edition
XBOX ONE GAME EXPECTED TO RELEASE ON 7/10/2014. YOU MAY DOWNLOAD THE GAME FROM XBOX LIVE BEFORE THEN, BUT IT WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE UNTIL 00:01 HKT ON THE RELEASE DATE.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so for Forza Horizon 2, if I order from the US marketplace, do I need to keep it set to the US region until it unlocks, or only while I'm downloading it?

For games with a longer gap between preorder and release, can you switch back to your local account in between?

TomChabbs

Neo Member
so for Forza Horizon 2, if I order from the US marketplace, do I need to keep it set to the US region until it unlocks, or only while I'm downloading it?

For games with a longer gap between preorder and release, can you switch back to your local account in between?

You can even download the game from a different region, you can switch as much as you want. Just switch back to US when it is time for the game to be unlocked there.

BloodR0se

Well Microsoft did make it a region free marketplace so they only have themselves to blame. And the whole Oman thing was for free games using an exploite whilst this is just buying games from a different region.

Agreed. I never really followed the Oman GoD scene because it looked like too much hassle from the start but I've read up on it recently and that was blatant abuse of an XBL database flaw. This isn't anywhere near close to that.

Tsukumo

You need to select the bundle version (the only one you can pre-order) with the additional challenge and the additional skin. Select the Shadow of Mordor tile in the first page of the store, it will take you to the bundle page. The search option will bring you the non-preordered version.

Guidelines in the OP worked like a charm. Thanks to John Caboose for making this thread and thanks again to besiktas1 for the reply. I'm now enjoying my US Shadow of Mordor thanks to you guys :D
Used the address in the OP for shits and giggles, thinking it would bounce, but it went through (only addition, they asked for an Oregon phone number) and the game unlocked.
Happiness!

You need to select the bundle version (the only one you can pre-order) with the additional challenge and the additional skin. Select the Shadow of Mordor tile in the first page of the store, it will take you to the bundle page. The search option will bring you the non-preordered version.

Guidelines in the OP worked like a charm. Thanks to John Caboose for making this thread and thanks again to besiktas1 for the reply. I'm now enjoying my US Shadow of Mordor thanks to you guys :D
Used the address in the OP for shits and giggles, thinking it would bounce, but it went through (only addition, they asked for an Oregon phone number) and the game unlocked.
Happiness!
Excellent, you're welcome. :)

Calderc

Happiness!

What method in the OP did you use?

T-Rex.

Banned
It's so annoying how everything is more expensive on PSN. I tried changing the location to places such as HK etc (created a new account) but the prices still end up being £45 or more.

RulkezX

Bizarrely neither my PayPal or Visa worked on the US store using the website, is it wordy doing it on the console or am I SOL?

besiktas1

Bizarrely neither my PayPal or Visa worked on the US store using the website, is it wordy doing it on the console or am I SOL?
Do it on console. If it don't work means bank blocked it. Call them up say to let all further payments from the Xbox (microsoft) Gp through. Wait however long the bank it says it will take for changes to happen. Try again and enjoy.

When I switch the Xbox Store to Hungary, it lists the Evil Within as 19 490,00 Ft.

Does that read 19,490 Forint? Because that equals (roughly) $79 or £50, right?

kanuuna

Any experiences with purchasing DLC from the same store you bought the game from (a dummy account for US store downloads and purchases), and then accessing that DLC on another account (primary account with all my trophies and saved progress) on PS4?

I bought Shadow of Mordor from the US Store (20€ cheaper than the digital download on EU store and few days 'early access'), and I'm eyeing a pre-order code for the Dark Ranger outfit on eBay because I'm sucker for cosmetic stuff when it comes to games I like. I completed the game 100%, and I'm thinking slashing my way to that Platinum Trophy might feel a little less repetitive with a some new garb.

Akai__

I've come up with an Gift Card example and would appreciate it, if someone could look into it and tell me if it will work this way.

Let's buy Forza Horizon 2, which is currently 69,99€ in the German store (59,99$ in the US store):

1. Create an US account on the Xbox One
2. Buy a 50$ and 10$ code for ~ 50.48€
3. Redeem the codes
4. Go to the US store and buy the game with the 60$ credit I have

Wouldn't I save ~ 19.51€ (69.99€ - 50.48€) this way?

Guerrilla

wow, the preorder edition is 2700RS on the indian store, so only 35€s I wanted to rent this but since I'm splitting the cost with a friend of mine (the home console thing) it would be only 18€ per person. That's one hell of a deal...

It also says 10/7 on the Indian mp so it should be playable in about 6 hours right? (it's nearly 6pm in india now)

I've come up with an Gift Card example and would appreciate it, if someone could look into it and tell me if it will work this way.

Let's buy Forza Horizon 2, which is currently 69,99€ in the German store (59,99$ in the US store):

1. Create an US account on the Xbox One
2. Buy a 50$ and 10$ code for ~ 50.48€
3. Redeem the codes
4. Go to the US store and buy the game with the 60$ credit I have

Wouldn't I save ~ 19.51€ (69.99€ - 50.48€) this way?

You don't need to do step 1 :)

You can redeem the code for the Dollars credit and it will go into your Microsoft account for the US store. You do not need to do anything with your gamertag.

So buy the gift card, redeem the code, change the region on either store.xbox.com or on your console, and buy.

You are not changing the region of your gamertag, just your consoles location, so no ban worries :)

Buying credit is actually the safest way to do it, because you are free to buy anywhere if you have the right currency.

A detailed guide is here: http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...asing-games-us-xbox-one-store-any-region.html

Akai__

You don't need to do step 1 :)

You can redeem the code for the Dollars credit and it will go into your Microsoft account for the US store. You do not need to do anything with your gamertag.

So buy the gift card, redeem the code, change the region on either store.xbox.com or on your console, and buy.

You are not changing the region of your gamertag, just your consoles location, so no ban worries :)

Buying credit is actually the safest way to do it, because you are free to buy anywhere if you have the right currency.

A detailed guide is here: http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/co...asing-games-us-xbox-one-store-any-region.html

Nice, thank you.

Saving arround 20€ this way is pretty awesome. :D

Edit: Nevermind.

Guerrilla

Yeah, looks like they raised the price, it was only 9.490 HUF a few days ago.

So it was aroung 30€? Damn, so there's just the unreasonable hope that they'll make it cheap again... :/

Edit: Btw. Indian games are completely uncut and in english, correct? Edit2: and that's also true for Hong Kong right?

Just seen that Alien Isolation is 36€ on the HK MP instead of 35€ on the Indian, but also unlocks in a little over 1,5 hours in hong kong. I think I'm going to invest that euro ;)

derFeef

How can I make sure to not get slapped with high tax when I purchase games on my US account? I am using a borderlinx adress right now...

So if I buy Driveclub off the US PSN will I be able to play on normal UK account? Also if I decide to get the season pass will I need to get it off the US PSN store or could I use the UK PSN Store?

Bueno, thanks. Would have saved me 4$ [for each game] ...

edit: I guess I need to re-register? Can't find an option to change the US address.

Do it on the dashboard. In payment area of settings first change billing address and then change the address on the card.

Top Bottom