• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

CokasPT

Neo Member
I got the famous code PBR9002 in HongKong. I was trying to pre-order Sunset Overdrive, I never had problems before, and the last game I bought was FH2.

I just talked with the support and they told me to wait 24h, but for some reason I think it will be the same, I guess the happy times are over...

p3tran

Banned
Could you post the details to said website please?

Can I've these details too?
When I redeem the gift cards do I've to switch the region on the xbox or can I do it from the browser?

Share the love with that website please :)

ok guys, here is the deal

I called my guy, and I told him the situation and he is going to look into getting HK cards too.

so, that's one.

two: he doesnt like to be an international site for this, because he says that he then gets many attempts (when global) to purchase with stolen credit cards etc, so pain in the ass for him.
he also is finalizing something new that will allow him to go international without having to deal with stolen cc's and such, but this not ready now.

so, send me pm's and I will give you the site if you like to check it out (currently usa/eu/uk points and subs, NOT $HK cards), but I will not post here in public view, of course not because of fellow gaffers, but because topic can be seen by anybody, not only a gaffer. ;)

BloodR0se

I called my guy, and I told him the situation and he is going to look into getting HK cards too.

so, that's one.

two: he doesnt like to be an international site for this, because he says that he then gets many attempts (when global) to purchase with stolen credit cards etc, so pain in the ass for him.
he also is finalizing something new that will allow him to go international without having to deal with stolen cc's and such, but this not ready now.

so, send me pm's and I will give you the site if you like to check it out (currently usa/eu/uk points and subs, NOT $HK cards), but I will not post here in public view, of course not because of fellow gaffers, but because topic can be seen by anybody, not only a gaffer. ;)

Solid post and I think you're making 100% the right call.

B4D1E

so, that's one.

At least, you're being upfront about it. I'm from Belgium, so if it is interesting rate-wise, send me the site by PM, please.

DrunkDan

Hmm India doesn't seem to work anymore either. Just tried to buy AC:U and got the PBR9002 error.

Yeah I discovered that yesterday. Gutted.

Any work arounds discovered yet? I don't think you can get rupee gift cards either, or at least I haven't found any.

Phiiiiil

Neo Member
Yeah I discovered that yesterday. Gutted.

Any work arounds discovered yet? I don't think you can get rupee gift cards either, or at least I haven't found any.

I purchased assasins creed yesterday from the smartglass app on iOS. Just changed the region of the phone to India and restarted the app. Worked fine. Could be worth a try

moai

so Ms started blocking purchases on cheap stores (india and hk). it was the only thing leaning some of my friends to purchase inferior but cheaper multiplatforms on the x1. bad move, many of them are talking about moving to the ps4. as if the situation of the x1 wasn´t already bad here in chile.

DrunkDan

so Ms started blocking purchases on cheap stores (india and hk). it was the only thing leaning some of my friends to purchase inferior but cheaper multiplatforms on the x1. bad move, many of them are talking about moving to the ps4. as if the situation of the x1 wasn´t already bad here in chile.

Yeah seems strange really, I imagine a lot of people bought stuff (at a cheaper price) that they might not have otherwise.

You'd think that some money would be better than none, unless they think they're forcing people's hand by doing it.

I myself have bought a few bits and pieces I wouldn't have so hopefully they'll see sense and do another 180, though I'm not holding my breath.

Akai__

Okay, I'm confused. I thought when using the gift card method, you don't need to input any adress, but now it asks me for it (phone number too). Have I done something wrong?

Lima

Okay, I'm confused. I thought when using the gift card method, you don't need to input any adress, but now it asks me for it (phone number too). Have I done something wrong?

No of course you need to put in a billing address. What gave you the idea that you don't need one?

JLck

Anyone buy from foreign stores who is on Xbox Rewards? Just signed up for it (no idea why I hadn't done it ages ago)

Have they said anything about the blocking?

Anyone buy from foreign stores who is on Xbox Rewards? Just signed up for it (no idea why I hadn't done it ages ago)

Have they said anything about the blocking?

I'm on Xbox Rewards and I don't think anything I've done on the (to me) foreign marketplace is contributing. :/

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Apparently to buy from HK or India we need to set a vpn up, similar to what everyone does to watch netflix. Problem is unblock.us doesn't support hk or India! Anyone know a way around this? Maybe just dig up a hk/indian dns.

Has anyone tried any other regions besides hk and India? Maybe those two were too popular so were blocked where others might still be working.

Lima

Apparently to buy from HK or India we need to set a vpn up, similar to what everyone does to watch netflix. Problem is unblock.us doesn't support hk or India! Anyone know a way around this? Maybe just dig up a hk/indian dns.

Has anyone tried any other regions besides hk and India? Maybe those two were too popular so were blocked where others might still be working.

No you just need a valid payment method so either a HK or India credit card or with gift cards. You don't need a VPN.

Kemaleon

Neo Member
Where are you guys buying Indian store credit from? I'm having issues finding any.

Would also love that Website PM if I could please.

Anyone pre-ordered from India or Hong Kong yet? What method you use?

Sordid

People are using VPNs and browser extensions like Hola but I'd be wary for now, you'd be actively circumventing store restrictions rather than using the open system MS had before.

They probably won't ban people or anything but I'd stick to gift cards just to be safe.

DrunkDan

Where are you guys buying Indian store credit from? I'm having issues finding any.

Would also love that Website PM if I could please.

Anyone pre-ordered from India or Hong Kong yet? What method you use?

Yeah I'd also like the website pm please. Totally echo this in that I can't find indian credit either. I was using it to get the occasional fifa point add on but was planning on using the indian store for call of duty but that seems to be a no go at the minute.

Might have a quick look at the U.S. pricing for COD seeing as getting cards for that region is much easier.

Izuna

Banned
... So I just buy with my card from the other stores. Why are you guys buying pre paid cards? Lol.

I got a JPN MCC preloaded, just put in my GFs address.

... So I just buy with my card from the other stores. Why are you guys buying pre paid cards? Lol.

I dunno, some people don't have cards or don't want to give them out I guess. But then what's the point of having a card?

rhetorical question

Sordid

Because MS has blocked people from using credit\debit cards on the HK\Indian stores unless you use a VPN.

Edit: Not sure if you realise but the MCC from the Japanese store unlocks on the 13th rather than the 11th.

Keys

If you use the chrome extension ZenMate or Hola you can buy from the HK store, it's a VPN so use it at your own risk.

Sanpei

India and HK is not working now...Zenmate will work ? Sure ?
Cant we use ms points for india or hk store ?

Izuna

Banned
Because MS has blocked people from using creditdebit cards on the HKIndian stores unless you use a VPN.

Edit: Not sure if you realise but the MCC from the Japanese store unlocks on the 13th rather than the 11th.

Oh two days is fine. If a VPN is needed, I get it now.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
I have a VPN service anyway, so if I can buy it on my PC I don't care. For me it's fine if they just make it more difficult to buy games from other countries. But if they make it impossible, by for example, demaning that the country and credit card match, I will just purchase all my multiplatform games on PS4, using my US account, rather than the xbox one. So MS would be losing money on me. I won't bother with gift cards and stuff, way too much hassle.

What scares me is that they actually seem to care about people not doing this. Which means that there could actually be consequences for buying from other companies. Do they retain the right to ban us for stuff like this in the EULA or whatever? Just to be safe I'm gonna keep buying from Hong Kong store, and none other, because it seems more suspicious.

DrunkDan

Just switch the region on the homepage to HK, activate zenmate for HK and buy directly with your credit card. You don't have to charge the account

Cool. Can you charge the account though? I'd quite like to just stick a few quid in there in one go so the account would have money in there at a later date, possibly in case they find a way to block this method a few weeks down the line etc.

Guerrilla

But you still have to add an HK address though?

yeah, just use an address from a hk university, easy to find...

Cool. Can you charge the account though? I'd quite like to just stick a few quid in there in one go so the account would have money in there at a later date, possibly in case they find a way to block this method a few weeks down the line etc.

Unfortunately you can't still only gift cards to charge the account. Let's hope p3tran's guy comes through with hk gift cards if this is ever blocked ;)

Dabanton

I did wonder how long it would take MS to clamp down on that but it's good to see people have already found another way to do it.

I'm just waiting on GTAV to go up on the X1 store and I'll be done for the year.

Hey, I've been following this thread for a little while now and ended up pre-ordering Sunset Overdrive from the Hong Kong store. I then went back onto the UK store to actually download it. Would changing my region allow me to play the game before its UK release date of Friday? Right now it's showing up as "Play on 31/10/14".

If so, when is the earliest this game will becom active?

lentini

Hey, I've been following this thread for a little while now and ended up pre-ordering Sunset Overdrive from the Hong Kong store. I then went back onto the UK store to actually download it. Would changing my region allow me to play the game before its UK release date of Friday? Right now it's showing up as "Play on 31/10/14".

If so, when is the earliest this game will becom active?
It'll unlock at the time stated on whatever store you bought it from. In your case, Hong Kong.

pieface

All, hoping for a little bit of advice.....

I've set ZenMate to connect me to a HK proxy, but whenever I try to pre-order a game through the MS store online it defaults my location to En-US (I'm actually in the UK).

How do you access the HK store via a web browser?

JTGreat

All, hoping for a little bit of advice.....

I've set ZenMate to connect me to a HK proxy, but whenever I try to pre-order a game through the MS store online it defaults my location to En-US (I'm actually in the UK).

How do you access the HK store via a web browser?

Scroll right to the bottom of the page and it'll say your location, click on that and then change it to Hong Kong.

Top Bottom