• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming February 2014: It's Groundhog Day and we have Season Passes for Everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletcher

I just purchased a 32gb iPad air and an iPhone 5s. I'm back in, iOS gaf.
So is Out There a pretty good purchase or a wait?

colinp

Banned
I thought Out There was fun for three games, then it's repetitive nature shined through. There really isn't enough to it to make it $3.99.

Shearie

Well those went fast! I should have got all 50 of the cards at my Starbucks and spent all night posting them here. Not like I'm doing anything fun tonight...

I thought Out There was fun for three games, then it's repetitive nature shined through. There really isn't enough to it to make it $3.99.
Out of interest, did you
make it to a beacon
?

I'm enjoying it. I'm on a good run
I lucked out getting a third ship packed with tech and fuel, when I had no Fe and had no drill. My second ship had a really good drive but no cargo space and I had to cannibalise the drill to repair my engine

It does scratch that NetHack itch, "I've got great kit", "nothing can go wrong now", "I've died :("

PittaGAF

I'm really in love with Out There.
After you 'find' (not complete) the 3 endings you can't put it down (me anyway).
The last part is really awesome, expecially when you actively search for specific tech to complete it.

If you do not find new ships after a bit it's unlikely you will progress after the first beacon, but I'm having ton of fun nonetheless.
Everytime I feel I saw everything about the first part, a new cool event pop up.

Yeah it's difficult and in many runs you do not progress the story, but it would be too easy if so.

It's still a roguelike but everytime feels like a cool scifi 70 scifi movie.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I feel there's a good OT title out of Threes! + March being the third month but it's not coming to me.

PittaGAF

What? :D

iOS Gaming March 2014: It's the third month of iOS and GAF still plays THREES

Nevermind.
I just pictured me swiping left Genuary (1) with February (2) to obtain March (3).
Then the tile said: Hello!!!

I really need to play less Threes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom