• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming June 2017 | What Would Apple Do (WWAD)

Sorry if I'm just ignorant, but are you new to the iOS threads? Don't think I've seen you around here.

If you are, welcome!
I didnt know there were ios threads since i rarely visit gaming community. But i play on my ipad a lot so it's nice to finally be here! I love the monthly recommendations!

awp69

Crazy but I ended up updating to the iOS 11 beta. I had been having problems with settings on my phone like cellular data for a while now – even after the incremental updates under iOS 10. So I took a chance and updated, knowing I could remove the profile and go back down to 10.3.

Anyway, aside from the obvious big negative of no 32-bit apps, I’m liking it so far. It also appears to have fixed my issues with cellular data.

Lots more customization options and the new App Store is a nice upgrade. Thankfully, the games I’ve been playing lately are all recent so no 32 bit issues. I know there will come a time when I want to go and play something older that I’ll be pissed not to have but I’ll keep that anger bottled up until it hits me. :)

Ashame that the 32-bit thing is such a huge negative as the OS itself is pretty nice.

Kysen

Is the monster hunter game still active? I bought an ipad pro and am wondering if I should pick this up. Is it cross region online play?

Pachimari

Anyone else here keeping track of your library in some kind of excel of which games are 32-bit, 64-bit and which have been delisted and removed from your purchase history?

How can I check if a game is 32 or 64-bit?

Matt Frost

Crazy but I ended up updating to the iOS 11 beta. I had been having problems with settings on my phone like cellular data for a while now – even after the incremental updates under iOS 10. So I took a chance and updated, knowing I could remove the profile and go back down to 10.3.

Anyway, aside from the obvious big negative of no 32-bit apps, I’m liking it so far. It also appears to have fixed my issues with cellular data.

Lots more customization options and the new App Store is a nice upgrade. Thankfully, the games I’ve been playing lately are all recent so no 32 bit issues. I know there will come a time when I want to go and play something older that I’ll be pissed not to have but I’ll keep that anger bottled up until it hits me. :)

Ashame that the 32-bit thing is such a huge negative as the OS itself is pretty nice.

We will have to move on sooner or later anyways. I like the most the revamped Control Centre. I like less that the Games tab content hasnt changed since last week, bummer. Oh, and notifications are kind of screwed right now. But all the rest is really good.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Anyone else here keeping track of your library in some kind of excel of which games are 32-bit, 64-bit and which have been delisted and removed from your purchase history?

How can I check if a game is 32 or 64-bit?
On iOS 10, if installed on your device you'll see any 32-bit apps under About -> Applications in the settings. In general terms though, any app released before February 2015 or not updated since June 2015 will likely be 32-bit.

We will have to move on sooner or later anyways. I like the most the revamped Control Centre. I like less that the Games tab content hasnt changed since last week, bummer. Oh, and notifications are kind of screwed right now. But all the rest is really good.
I'd hazard a guess that the App Store pages for iOS 11 won't be updated until iOS 11 goes public, the pages/curation present are the ones made for WWDC.

Oynox

Yes you can keep your current account and just change country, that way you will be able to add your credit card and forget about buying iTunes cards plus you keep your purchase history and dont have to switch accounts to update apps. And you can swap to another country as much as you want.

I use this to download games released in NZ, CA,... with my main account and dont loose progress when it launches in my country (Brawl Stars for example)

I do not understand how it works. I made myself a Canadian account recently and wanted to use this. However, when I want to switch to Philippines I have to add credit card information and he somehow does not accept my German card. Am I doing something wrong?

Matt Frost

I'd hazard a guess that the App Store pages for iOS 11 won't be updated until iOS 11 goes public, the pages/curation present are the ones made for WWDC.

Uurrgg this wont be good then...

I do not understand how it works. I made myself a Canadian account recently and wanted to use this. However, when I want to switch to Philippines I have to add credit card information and he somehow does not accept my German card. Am I doing something wrong?

Only works for free apps (South Park Phone Destroyer, Brawl Stars,...) since it doesnt accept credit cards from other countries.... maybe with an iTunes Gift Card but im not sure, just a guess

awp69

Did you by any chance find an ad blocker that works?

awp69

Purify works now as well.

I was looking at it right now... seems to be the best one, also, 5 reviews that rate it 5 stars each, good mainstream reviews... for 2$... this seems like the one to get

Might grab that as well. The NeverAds app works well but is too simplified in that you can’t whitelist and stuff. Looks like Purify hits the mark.

Edit: Just as an FYI. Spoke to the 1Blocker dev on Twitter as I always liked that app. Apparently that one is not working due to a memory constraint in the beta build on the number of rules that it imposes. Hopefully Apple fixes that.

Matt Frost

Knightmare Tower got updated to 64bits... i forgot how fun the game was... probably one of the best AppStore arcade games ever

awp69

Knightmare Tower got updated to 64bits... i forgot how fun the game was... probably one of the best AppStore arcade games ever

Thanks for the heads up. Great game.

Although a totally different game, this got me thinking about wanting to download Castle Doombad, which I never played as much as I had wanted. But, alas, it’s not 64-bit. :(

PittaGAF

What a time to be alive for digital card games.

Both Age of Rivals and Race for the Galaxy are AWESOME card games.
AWESOME.

Okay, it's definitely going up tonight, but it'll probably be bare bones compared to previous threads because my laptop is having wifi issues so I got to put the OT together on my iPad

On a actual gaming related note, been playing a lot of Age of Rivals, Solitarica, and I Keep Having This Dream lately. Age of Rivals has its hooks in me like Clash Royals did

Matt Frost

Drop Wiz Tower from Nitrome is fun! Didnt like the first one but Tower is so much better. Has unlockable characters (saving to get the Dino character. Just a few games and im 200 coins out of 300. Has a premium unlock like Leap Day. Plays in portrait as well). You can go left or right and shoots when you fall down a floor in the direction you are facing. Also have a super that you can charge killing enemies. Is like a Super Crate Box type of game but with that shooting twist that makes it more strategic. Drop Wizard Tower follows a roguelike structure, have to climb the tower from scratch every time with boss fights here and there. Im really liking this game. Sort of addictive. Nitrome knows their stuff

Game is free Nitrome style

Drop Wiz Tower from Nitrome is fun! Didnt like the first one but Tower is so much better. Has unlockable characters (saving to get the Dino character. Just a few games and im 200 coins out of 300. Has a premium unlock like Leap Day. Plays in portrait as well). You can go left or right and shoots when you fall down a floor in the direction you are facing. Also have a super that you can charge killing enemies. Is like a Super Crate Box type of game but with that shooting twist that makes it more strategic. Drop Wizard Tower follows a roguelike structure, have to climb the tower from scratch every time with boss fights here and there. Im really liking this game. Sort of addictive. Nitrome knows their stuff

Game is free Nitrome style
I'm liking Drop Wizard Tower as well. Real fun roguelike with that great arcadey feel that Nitrome are so well known for.

Gives me high hopes for Tower Fortress

Oynox

Okay, it's definitely going up tonight, but it'll probably be bare bones compared to previous threads because my laptop is having wifi issues so I got to put the OT together on my iPad

On a actual gaming related note, been playing a lot of Age of Rivals, Solitarica, and I Keep Having This Dream lately. Age of Rivals has its hooks in me like Clash Royals did

Still did not really dive into Age if Rivals. Only completed the tutorial and played two matches. Really need to get into it. If you want to join the NeoGAF group, hand me your username and I will add you.

awp69

I changed to Purify because it seemed like NeverAds was blocking too much. But Purify also seems to block more than 1Blocker did. Things that I don’t want blocked like comments under news articles. These were not blocked under 1Blocker on iOS 10.3.

There is a switch for comments to be blocked or not using Purify but it does nothing. Both Purify and NeverAds seem to have issues with redirects that I never had issues with either.

Any thoughts?

awp69

The Bard's Tale and Small World 2 have added 64-bit support - rejoice!

Edit: I use 1Blocker and I don't remember seeing an option to whitelist comments on one site. It looks like all or nothing.

No, I never even had to mess with 1Blocker. Always got comments just fine.

But that isn’t the case with Purify whether I turn it on or off. Seems like it should be all or nothing for comments but in my case it’s always...nothing.

I can't decide if I should grab Pike and Shot (or maybe another Slitherine game) while they are on sale but knowing the publisher said they will never be updated

Top Bottom