• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming March 2017 | Switch to iOS

Pachimari

So I'm told Card Thief is the game for today, and they are giving away a code every hour for the next 10 hours on Twitter. It's probably a countdown. So The Witness would be tomorrow's game?

killercow

So I'm told Card Thief is the game for today, and they are giving away a code every hour for the next 10 hours on Twitter. It's probably a countdown. So The Witness would be tomorrow's game?

Again, codes are given every day ahead of the game's release tomorrow. The dev himself confirmed that his game is last and that the witness is today.

Pachimari

Again, codes are given every day ahead of the game's release tomorrow. The dev himself confirmed that his game is last and that the witness is today.
Nice. Thanks for clarifying. It was just people from Touch Arcade who told me to learn to read the forums where the devs had confirmed it to be today. But I couldn't find such a thing either.

Pachimari

Those were hours ago though. He said today some minutes ago. But I'm on mobile now and don't have the time to dig it up now.

[edit] This was 29 minutes ago in a reply:

hc0NPyA.jpg

He have clarified himself and said Card Thief released today but is featured tomorrow.

killercow

Those were hours ago though. He said today some minutes ago. But I'm on mobile now and don't have the time to dig it up now.

[edit] This was 29 minutes ago in a reply:

hc0NPyA.jpg

He have clarified himself and said Card Thief released today but is featured tomorrow.

Yep so Card Thief today for $1.99 but featured tomorrow and The Witness today and featured today.

PittaGAF

Sigh...the new game announcement scheduled for tomorrow, the one I was super hyped for....has been delayed by one week.

I'm shattered :(

Hate to quote myself, but this got buried at the end of the previous page, also due to an edit. Wanted to discuss it:

Re: Sorcery! 3, it says I can start from the third one. Don't really want to spend the coin on the other two. How essential are they?

I've dabbled with The Room, but never played it to completion. I always liked the aesthetic and tactile nature of the game; I feel that if I am going to invest the time/money in an iOS game, this is exactly the kind of thoughtful design I'd look for.

The sequel was on sale for a cool $1.40, and so I scooped it up thinking "Why not?"

I didn't expect to actually invest in it as much as I have. I'm so taken by the atmosphere and the bits of lore/mythology they feed you, which is just enough to make you feel like you're picking up the threads of an ancient mystery.

Sorcery! 3 looks to be a lot of fun; if I'm looking at it right, it's a "choose your own adventure" style text RPG?? Like, holy shit if that's the case.

Hate to quote myself, but this got buried at the end of the previous page, also due to an edit. Wanted to discuss it:
You can start from the third, but that's like starting with the third book in a series. Your choice, consequnces, items, money carry across games; it's one big epic saga. And one of the cool things about the series is seeing how it evolves, getting bigger, more open, more complex with each game.

Personally, I'd always recommend starting with the first. Seeing how your choices can come back and bite you 2, 3 games later is great, and the progress from game to game adds to the sense of your character being on this sprawling impossible journey

And yes, the Sorcery series is basically one massive interactive fiction RPG. RockPaperShotgun, a PC focused site, called it the best RPG of 2016

PittaGAF

Oxenfree is a frigging masterpiece.

I'm probably dumb or something...I've read it was a very short game, like 3 hours or so....but I'm 6 hours in and luckily the end doesn't seem near...and I don't want it to end.
I *think* I could have ended the game an hour ago...but apparently there are more endings? I didn't try but I thought it could (I do t want to know really).

It's really fantastic, and the story in particular tick almost all my favorite themes.

It's even better than Stranger Things.

8sanders

Murderer's Gut Feeling™
Sigh...the new game announcement scheduled for tomorrow, the one I was super hyped for....has been delayed by one week.

Telling us what it is would probably make you feel better, don't you think? ;)

Can't wait for Card Thief and The Witness!!!!!

Pachimari

Oh crap, well, another week is alright. We'll have some great games to play in the meantime.

Also, where are tha gaaamezzzz. We ain't getting nothing today.

PittaGAF

Just completed Oxenfree.

It was, hands down and by far, the best adventure I played since Sword&Sworcery, Year Walk, Device 6, The Dig and Blade Runner.

I'll take some days to digest the ending, then I'll probably do another playthrough.
It's a masterpiece in storytelling.

I'm not sure which kind of ending I got...but I'm afraid to look around fearing spoilers.
So if someone who already fully completed it would be so kind to tell me, without being too spoilerish....my Thanks.

I saved everybody....meaning all 5 initial people. Not sure if I was supposed to bring back Michael someway.

I got all pictures but not all letters (I knew I should have explored everything before entering the shelter....but I was too curious).

I didn't let Jonas talk to his mother.

I say something to the mirrors....it was me (Pitta)....during the game I saw Nighschoolers in those mirrors. Didn't understood this.

Also...and most important....now I can restart over or 'continue timeline'....what does it do????

Pachimari

Depends on where you are. Still 11+ hours here on the East Coast of the US.
Yeah but during this campaign they've released a game each day at 7 in the morning. But there has been nothing today. Seems like they a skipping a day and releasing games again tomorrow my time zone. It has been more than 24 hours since the last game release.

I can't dig the story in Oxenfree cause they speak so fast that I can't pick up on anything.

Just completed Oxenfree.

It was, hands down and by far, the best adventure I played since Sword&Sworcery, The Dig and Blade Runner.

I'll take some days to digest the ending, then I'll probably do another playthrough.
It's a masterpiece in storytelling.

I'm not sure which kind of ending I got...but I'm afraid to look around fearing spoilers.
So if someone who already fully completed it would be so kind to tell me, without being too spoilerish....my Thanks.

I saved everybody....meaning all 5 initial people. Not sure if I was supposed to bring back Michael someway.

I got all pictures but not all letters (I knew I should have explored everything before entering the shelter....but I was too curious).

I didn't let Jonas talk to his mother.

I say something to the mirrors....it was me (Pitta)....during the game I saw Nighschoolers in those mirrors. Didn't understood this.

Also...and most important....now I can restart over or 'continue timeline'....what does it do????
1) In the mirrors, are other players
2) New game plus, aka another reason why Oxenfree is one of the innovative entries in the genre. Keep playing, it's worth it

PittaGAF

The publish button for Card Thief (my personal card/puzzle/positional strategy GOTY so far) was pressed.

Its propagating.

Enjoy.

Pachimari

The Witness probably won't release until tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited about it even though I found it to be super hard on PC. But playing it in bed at night could be something else. I'll buy Card Thief when I get home.

Voidance

The Witness probably won't release until tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited about it even though I found it to be super hard on PC. But playing it in bed at night could be something else. I'll buy Card Thief when I get home.
That's disappointing. I was hoping to put some time into it this weekend.

card thief is kinda hard af

EDIT: DAMN THO when the cards drop it rilly feels like guards are ganging up on you!!!!!

EDIT II: I also love that it's completely different from Card Crawl so I feel like I can still play both.

PittaGAF

card thief is kinda hard af

EDIT: DAMN THO when the cards drop it rilly feels like guards are ganging up on you!!!!!

EDIT II: I also love that it's completely different from Card Crawl so I feel like I can still play both.

Actually they DO follow you....or better...they follow noises and what they see under light.
It's THE KEY to the game...moving guards around and getting them aggro (their value goes up) before killing them for maximum advantage.
The arrow points the direction their attention is pointed at.
Check also the eye and ear icon.

Enjoy!!!

Pachimari

At this point I'm thinking The Witness was just promotion for the Mac app that was updated on March 9, at the start of the campaign. And that we didn't get a game on Sunday and that Card Thief is Monday's game.

At this point I'm thinking The Witness was just promotion for the Mac app that was updated on March 9, at the start of the campaign. And that we didn't get a game on Sunday and that Card Thief is Monday's game.
Doesn't make any sense to include an icon for a Mac app in a video for a promotion specifically for indie games on the App Store

That's not something you include by accident, and every other icon has been an iOS game on sale or released during the promotion

Pachimari

Doesn't make any sense to include an icon for a Mac app in a video for a promotion specifically for indie games on the App Store

That's not something you include by accident, and every other icon has been an iOS game on sale or released during the promotion
I know that. I just don't want to get my hopes up again for tomorrow. Was already disappointed today.

bonesquad

Whoo! I'm tied for #3 on the Black Manor leaderboard. For about 2 seconds longer... I'm not really sure I understand how Card Thief all works - how the value of guards increases and when you can't move to a space - but I've enjoyed the few runs so far. The game is nothing like I expected because it's nothing like Card Crawl. The mechanics of this game are quite unique.

Whoo! I'm tied for #3 on the Black Manor leaderboard. For about 2 seconds longer... I'm not really sure I understand how Card Thief all works - how the value of guards increases and when you can't move to a space - but I've enjoyed the few runs so far. The game is nothing like I expected because it's nothing like Card Crawl. The mechanics of this game are quite unique.

I didn't really realize the Three style mechanics at first. Cuz I'm a dumdum.

I'm surprised they priced it cheaper than Card Crawl

I wonder what genre they could card-ify next. Card Army, a card game take on an RTS?

Top Bottom