• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS Gaming September 2013: Game Center looks like a bag of Skittles now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Okay, now I'm playing both Pocket Planes and Pocket Trains. As soon as all my trains depart, my planes have all arrived, and vice versa. So much for getting anything done at work this week. As frustrating as the F2P walls can get, these games sure have a way of getting in your head.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Geez, maybe it's just me and my taste in games but mobile gaming has been in a real funk as of late. I haven't really dug into a game for any real length since PvZ2, and who knows how long before that.

Rymdkapsel was pretty good, but the game is an hour long. Small World 2 is great, but the online turn timer is 48 hours max which makes it tough to actually complete a game.

Hoping for some kind of holiday rush of releases. Some of the previews I've been seeing on Pocket Tactics look promising. Going to grab Boson X and see if it hooks me in.

Sorry, this will be the last time I use NeoGAF as a Tumblr account.

Boson X is very similar to Super Hexagon, I love it.

New month tomorrow, time flies!

Heel

Right when I complain, looks like it's going to be a pretty good week for iOS games. In my eyes, anyway...haha.

Transport Tycoon
Pandemic: The Board Game
The Cave

EMPIRE - Stumbled on this on Touch Arcade. Not much in the looks department, but the concept has me interested at least: "EMPIRE is a super-boiled down 4X strategy game (like Civilization) but using a deck-building mechanism like that seen in the card game Dominion to represent the age and efficiency of the empire."

PittaGAF

The Cave will be out this week...great!!!

Also...couldn't resist waiting for the update so I bought Shadowrun Returns.

The first two hours (which were supposed to be just '5 minutes to try it) were fantastic even without sound.
Really fantastic.

EDIT: Damn I always took pride NOT to have any backlog...but I recently moved with wife and son so I was out of the loop.
Now I have Infinity Blade 3 to complete, Shadowrun Returns, The Cave, Warhammer Quest Expansion, Device 6 and maybe FTL approaching.
All quite meaty too.

Sigh :(

Tizoc

What're some good games for the iPad? My brother's leaving his iPad over and I can download the games I bought on to it, but I also want some adventure games that work well on an iPad.
For that matter, I am aware some GAFfers have made iOS games, I'd love to know what they are and try their demos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom