• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

Bitmap Frogs said:
Oh wow!

Did it require a battery swap after all these years?

Mine is still going strong. It does seem that I need to charge it every day now but it does not take too long.

One day I will replace it and get a fancy new one but I really don't enjoy upgrading Apple gadgets every 6 months or so. :D

cjelly said:
GAF, do you think it will be ok to leave this note on my front door?

6242748637_88d4520f55.jpg

I think you would get someone replacing your nice new iphone with something less than nice.

daegan

The mall won't even let me sit in my car until 6am. This combined with a 20min drive home find me at Denny's. May my colon survive.

criesofthepast said:
Phone departed Kentucky an hour ago. Would it now drive to Toronto or fly? Or would Toronto even be the next stop? Who knows what detour it may take.
Whatever it does, it'll be magical when I get it first.

LegoDad

AlphaTwo00 said:
Are you sure you aren't in the wrong place? Just saying...
It's an ATT store, pretty sure this city ( collegetown ) doesn't care..

Also Verizon store is 100 feet away, no one there either..

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
My phone is out for delivery...just a matter of WHEN it gets here at this point. Thank God!

caliblue15 said:

That sounds awfully fishy dude. And wouldn't a collegetown be MORE prone to being busy and lining up for this?

Hmm. You sure the carrier stores are selling this morning? I don't understand why no one is there.

LegoDad

criesofthepast said:
That sounds awfully fishy dude. And wouldn't a collegetown be MORE prone to being busy and lining up for this?

Hmm. You sure the carrier stores are selling this morning? I don't understand why no one is there.
A second person finally showed up. Lol. iPhone 4S is alot of money for college students. Was also thirsty Thursday last night, gotta recover from beer. I think most people just ordered them online.

Blackhead

Redarse
caliblue15 said:

Are you sure they are 1) getting some 2) didn't already give reserves?

Hey, Alpha, different lines for unlocked phones?

LegoDad

Greyface said:

Yep, called them yesterday opening at 8am, usually open at 10am. Told me getting 20 phones or so..

criesofthepast said:
I hope the 64 people infront of you buy 10 phones each and they sell out. Is there a limit per person? Are you guaranteed a phone with that ticket?
Yes. Two per person.

Quite a lot of people are clearly scalping it. The contract line had maybe 10 people.

Greyface said:

Yup. They ask 3 thing when handing the tickets: size, colour, contract. The contract line then has extra people prescreening you for Rogers/fido/bell etc

Karud

Patrick Bateman said:
FUCK THIS SHIT!

I still don't have any notification from DHL whatsoever. And the status hasn't changed in over 2 days! :mad:

"Frachtführer übergeben" is not DHL. Our (I have the same status) phones are still processing with the Telekom. I think/ hope our phones are available but didn't left the storehouse yet because of a long queue. We will not receive it today. Only exception: DHL Tracking isn't working properly and the iPhones are shipped without notification.

Scheiße!

TimeKillr

criesofthepast said:
Just noticed UPS updated the estimated delivery time to Monday, 10/17/2011, by 12:00

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

No-Darth_Vader.jpg

I have the same.

And apparently, instead of going from Louisville to Montreal, it went from Louisville to fucking Mount Hope Ontario? Wtf is this shit... It would've gotten here on time, fucknuts. :(

BLagiver

Banned
My 4S is now in my city and out for delivery omg I wonder If they will deliver early to me. I really wish I knew what routes they take and how they decide on who to deliver to first. It be cool if You could actually track the ups truck gps style.

This is my first smart phone by the way! I'm upgrading from the LG env touch lol.

LegoDad

Now 3 people here, lol, come on 8am, 2 hours away.

Edit; both read opening at 10am and then proceed to leave. Lol. Still sitting in car. Glad this isn't like the bigger towns.

TimeKillr said:
I have the same.

And apparently, instead of going from Louisville to Montreal, it went from Louisville to fucking Mount Hope Ontario? Wtf is this shit... It would've gotten here on time, fucknuts. :(
When did yours leave Kentucky? What's the time stamp on mount hope?

k wtf my phone is now in mount hope ontario too. lol.

guess it flew from kentucky.

Mount Hope, ON, Canada 10/14/2011 6:07 Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 10/14/2011 4:42 Departure Scan

LegoDad

AlphaTwo00 said:
Look, when the scalpers don't know why it's different, then yeah, it's a problem.
Lol good point. If I was flipping I would get white as it seems the most sought after.

Edit: and the manager has arrived.

TimeKillr

criesofthepast said:
k wtf my phone is now in mount hope ontario too. lol.

guess it flew from kentucky.

10/14/2011 0:37 Arrival Scan

Looks like we're in exactly the same plane :)

My guess is everyone's iPhone in Canada is going there, then it's gonna be redistributed to whatever center it should go to. Fucking UPS.

LegoDad

TimeKillr said:

My guess is everyone's iPhone in Canada is going there, then it's gonna be redistributed to whatever center it should go to. Fucking UPS.
It's logistics.

TimeKillr said:

OUR PHONES ARE TOUCHING!! I'm going to be pissed if this doesnt come here today. I live one hour from mount hope. Had to google where that was. lol It's basically Hamilton.

No estimated arrival yet. The monday arrival from before is gone.

taoofjord

BocoDragon said:
Here's a video of Woz talking up the 4S and Siri, shot at the Apple Store tonight

http://bit.ly/mY3uoP

You can see why he's not in the forefront in the media. Not particularly well spoken and quite nerdy. He also seems to be one of the nicest, most down to earth, and lovable people on the planet. He seems so genuinely happy to be there and that's awesome. What a cool guy.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
So if Siri depends on an internet connection to work in some capacity, I take it that means there's a good possibility that Siri is going to be broke today because everyone is using it at the exact same time?

That'd be fun...

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
RubxQub said:
So if Siri depends on an internet connection to work in some capacity, I take it that means there's a good possibility that Siri is going to be broke today because everyone is using it at the exact same time?

That'd be fun...
that's probably the reason why Apple limited Siri to the 4S, so they can stress test the software and their network with only a subset of iOS5 users. hopefully it'll open to other devices later on.

LegoDad

RubxQub said:

That'd be fun...
Except they know millions would use at the same time everyday...

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
UPS is such an incompetent bastard company! Apple used express delivery on my iphone, yet its not here (should have arrived 2h ago). I`m sad.

LegoDad

sankt-Antonio said:
UPS is such an incompetent bastard company! Apple used express delivery on my iphone, yet its not here (should have arrived 2h ago). I`m sad.
There are other people in the world besides you. Lol.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So who that is getting a 4s wants to sell me their 4 (on Verizon). :p

My contract isn't up until February so I may look into buying a 4 online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom