• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I'm going from 3G > 4S too. It's going to be an epic leap forward.

I remember when I got the 3G at launch (first iPhone in Canada) and people looked at me like I had a brand new shiny BMW.

Now the screen's all cracked, headphone jack busted, iOS4 rapes its performance, and not only do all my classmates have an iPhone 4, but my mother does too :p It's about time to upgrade!!

BocoDragon said:

I remember when I got the 3G at launch (first iPhone in Canada) and people looked at me like I had a brand new shiny BMW.

Now the screen's all cracked, headphone jack busted, iOS4 rapes its performance, and not only do all my classmates have an iPhone 4, but my mother does too :p It's about time to upgrade!!

I am going to go from a 3GS and the only reason I am upgrading is because its acting very funny as of late.

Koodo

Banned
KHarvey16 said:
My 3G has literally just made it to the end. This past week its battery has become terrible, to the point if I charge it up all evening and disconnect it before bed, I wake up to half a charge left. I think it knows.
It's ready to ascend to a higher plane. Let it go~

BocoDragon said:

Yep. I love my 3g but the time has come. Apps constantly crashing, slow as fuck...........

mandiller

I picked up a black 4S 64GB from the Apple store (Brisbane) and just got home. I was in line for 3 and a half hours but I got the one I wanted in the end. Some of the white models had sold out though, everyone seems to love the white.

I'm upgrading from an old nokia so it's quite a leap. Loving it so far. I've taken a few pictures to test out the camera and it seems quite nice.

I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere but I tried out Siri and you can activate it just by holding the phone up to your ear as you normally would when making a call, rather than holding in the button. Pretty snazzy!

AlphaTwo00, how you holding up? It's starting to pour. Hope you brought that umbrella.

I'm at Bathurst and Eglinton. I can bring you one if you dont have one. Lol

Yeah that does suck. Now I'm paranoid about my own order. The UPS site still says it's on track for tomorrow. Better be, I took off work to sign for the delivery.

SuperPac

Hey, just noticed that the shipment status on UPS.com now says that the phone will be delivered by 10:30 a.m. tomorrow. If that ends up being true then AWESOME.

for those saying delivery is monday. where do you guys live?

im still on track for friday. left oakland to hopefully concord location.

two grovemade cases and a green speck case on order. planning to return one of the two white speck cases bought yesterday.

anyone bought a speck case online? they are based on ca, but tracking number says shipment coming from OK. just wanted to verify this is correct unless they have a warehouse in midwest.

EDIT: thanks on the heads up for backing up data.

BocoDragon

criesofthepast said:
Your leaving a note to leave it on your doorstep or what?

I reaaaaly hope your not doing that..
You'd be surprised how few people are willing to steal a wrapped up package sitting on a doorstep. You and I know its priceless, but it could be an old person's bifocals or something :p

daegan

you people showing me photos of lines are freaking me out, but it's raining here and I have to work after I get my 4S so I have to try to sleep a couple hours. hopefully the rain keeps the others in-car for now.

criesofthepast said:
AlphaTwo00, how you holding up? It's starting to pour. Hope you brought that umbrella.

I'm at Bathurst and Eglinton. I can bring you one if you dont have one. Lol
I'm ok for now. Got an umbrella. Posting on the MBP in the rain is difficult. I find breaks in the whether to do so.

The line is now 150+. Line has mostly self organized, the only issue right now seems to be the lack of washroom close by.

As for the whole 3G->4S discussion, yup, that's me. Keeping the 3G for dev purposes though.

Looking at this line, 90%+ are definitely scalping. I swear I'm the only sucker buying just one.

Eric WK

mastershake said:
My phone has ARRIVED!!!!

Time to call UPS and have them hold it for pickup so i can grab it tomorrow before i leave for the weekend

I didn't think they let you do this prior to the first delivery attempt.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Eric WK said:
Yeah, unless they've changed their policy, I've never been able to do this. First attempt has to go through as scheduled before you can hold for pickup, redirect delivery, etc.

Eric WK said:

Damn, that sucks. I thought you could do that. Knowing my luck the package wont come until like 6pm or something. I need to leave much earlier than that. I guess i'll play with my phone monday when i get back :(

BocoDragon

AlphaTwo00 said:
Wait, what? So I gotta go to Rogers and ask for a new mini-sim?
You probably do. I don't know the details, but I know it doesn't work with phat sim cards.

B33

Banned
AlphaTwo00 said:
Wait, what? So I gotta go to Rogers and ask for a new mini-sim?
According to a representative with my service provider, you can activate the device and restore everything from a back-up on iTunes.

It apparently comes with a micro-sim inside of it. You aren't going to be able to insert your sim card from an iPhone 3GS or below into a 4 or 4S.

If the restore doesn't work, bring both phones to your carrier's store and ask if they can transfer everything over from the larger sim card to the micro-sim chip (some stores have devices that can do that).

Haha, so that was pretty awesome. So glad I went. I have never been more impressed to meet anyone, ever. Well, Jobs I guess! Woz is the friendliest dude you could ever hope to meet, he was happy to chat with anyone who said hello. He was happy to see that I already had iOS5 on my phone, which he spotted thanks to the use of the volume shutter button. Chatted to him for a few minutes but I remember almost none of it. Anyway, here's a better photo than the one that was posted earlier.

23tgkdl.jpg

I didn't want to outstay my welcome as there was a constant little crowd of people hovering waiting for their turn to say hello to him. As I was leaving he was giving an interview to a local school kid for his class project.

2rxxojc.jpg

Just a great dude, super nice and jovial.

BocoDragon

Woz is awesome. He really seems like one of us. Pretty amazing considering 30 years ago, he was a prime mover at the ground zero of personal computers, Jobs, Apple, etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, Gary!

Damn, I'm getting nervous now. I may just go camp out now instead of waiting until 2am. I'm getting all worried that there will be a line when I get to the Verizon store and they'll run out of 64GB models.

Gary Whitta said:
Haha, so that was pretty awesome. So glad I went. I have never been more impressed to meet anyone, ever. Well, Jobs I guess! Woz is the friendliest dude you could ever hope to meet, he was happy to chat with anyone who said hello. He was happy to see that I already had iOS5 on my phone, which he spotted thanks to the use of the volume shutter button. Chatted to him for a few minutes but I remember almost none of it. Anyway, here's a better photo than the one that was posted earlier.

I didn't want to outstay my welcome as there was a constant little crowd of people hovering waiting for their turn to say hello to him. As I was leaving he was giving an interview to a local school kid for his class project.

Just a great dude, super nice and jovial.

Cool, thanks for making the trip. That was interesting.

Zefah said:
Awesome, Gary!

Damn, I'm getting nervous now. I may just go camp out now instead of waiting until 2am. I'm getting all worried that there will be a line when I get to the Verizon store and they'll run out of 64GB models.
I wouldn't worry TOO much, I think 64gb will be the last to go. 16gbs will go first, and fast.

BocoDragon

Xamdou said:
Your awesome Gary! What's the next film you are working on?
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Black iPhone 4S

Wads

Banned
Strange to me that people are lining up for this. I know its an iPhone, but 150 deep line in the pouring rain?!? Crazy!

My phone just left Indiana, says it'll be here tomorrow by 3pm at the latest! FedEx is shipping it.

I decided to call off tomorrow so I could be here and not have to deal with them re-delivering or leaving it somewhere it can get stolen.

BocoDragon

Cheesemeister said:
Odd name for a movie, but worth looking forward to.
Interesting title for a screenplay, but as a movie producer I'd rather go with "Smartphone 'N Da Hood"

BocoDragon said:
Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Black iPhone 4S

I probably laughed harder at this than I should have. His back and forth has definitely kept me amused. *chuckles*

Purexed

Banned
YES!!! Just got my email notification that my iPhone has shipped from AT&T. Coming via standard overnight from Texas to California. I have a feeling I will not be feeling well...cough...cough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom