• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackEtc

giga said:
$20 on ebay. Make sure to get the updated ones that was redesigned for Verizon/4S.
Ah, sweet. As long as they aren't knockoffs like the Amazon ones are. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm also looking at the SwitchEasy Trim as a second case/alternative. I know it's not minimalist at all, but it's cheap, has great reviews, and offers more protection, which I realized I might want to have. Anybody have experience with it?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
People who currently use an iPhone, how do you handle your contacts? I'm debating using Google Contacts, and then just having it synced over to my phone. Or should I just add them manually into the Contacts app?

edit: I am also hearing Google Sync and iCloud dont play well in regards to contacts

Leona Lewis said:
Black one is better because the proximity sensor isn't visible. Also, the white one looks a lot better in pictures than it does in person. Plus, your focus will be on the screen (after the first week or so when the new 4S smell wears off). Tell me which one is more distracting in that regard (answer: the white).

Just keep telling this to yourself to make you feel better about not going with the new hotness that is the white 4S. ;)

All I know is that I'm tired of looking at the front of my 3GS knowing that despite the bezel & home button being black, the back of my phone is white. I want the front to match the back.

Datwheezy said:
People who currently use an iPhone, how do you handle your contacts? I'm debating using Google Contacts, and then just having it synced over to my phone. Or should I just add them manually into the Contacts app?

I just use regular Contacts and add more as I need too. Never really bothered with Google Contacts as I have all that I need on my phone are synced on my Mac.

EDIT: My phone is now in Oakland, CA!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Finally... My online order from Fido has displayed some activity. It switched from "open" to "in progress." They don't display my place in line anymore, so I infer that the lineup process is over and they've got stock to handle my order. While I'm not exactly certain about getting it tomorrow, and least the doomsaday scenario of waiting in some online queue for weeks has dissipated..

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So the store up the road from my work, about a 2 minute drive has some in stock, all models.

The temptation is high.

Tron 2.0

I know you were all as deeply concerned as I was, but we can end the candlelight vigil. My iPhone finally shipped early this morning and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

All I can say is fucking finally.

KHarvey16

IceCold said:
Why is he doing the line? lol. Dude is the co-creator of Apple, surely he can get as many iPhone 4s for free as he pleases.

Some people take vacations for the journey, not the destination.

JackEtc said:
The Snap was my original pick, but I'm really having a hard time with it being $35. Is it worth it?

I'm assuming you have one. Any lay down on screen protection?

incipio feather i think is the best. ive had one on my 3GS and my 4 and its perfect- i wouldnt go to any other case. it just feels better in your hand compared to the other minimalistic cases and it comes in *many* colors, plus 2 glossy screen protectors and a cleaning cloth. an absolute steal for the price. the screen protectors i admit arent as good quality as power support (the brand sold in the apple stores) but they do the job.

amrod said:
krEJK.jpg

Not my pic :p

you would think he wouldn't have to stand in line seeing how he co-founded the company and all that jazz

ChRoNiTe

I'm planning on upgrading to the 4S from a Blackberry Bold (AT&T), but my upgrade eligibility is not until the 4th of November. My sister has an upgrade available, but we have separate plans. Assuming there is a chance to even buy the 4S in store by the time I am eligible for an upgrade, can I have my sister purchase one with her upgrade and hand it over to me? I know the 4S uses micro sim cards and my Blackberry uses regular sized ones. Could I take the 4S into a store and have them activate the phone for me and retain my unlimited data plan?

Thanks for any advice.

Preordered at Best Buy last Friday, and they just told me they didn't receive any 32GB iPhone 4s' for Verizon. Black or white.

WHAT THE FUCK is this shit.

Brendonia

"Edge stole Big Ben's helmet"
lbcyalater said:
I ordered from verizon and someone mentioned being able to change the shipping to no signature required but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it on the ups site. I signed up for the My choice...but thats as far as I got Haaalp

That was me. I replied on the last page but you should be able to sign into your ups account. Click your tracking number which opens your my choice details. When on that screen click on change delivery and you should be able to check a box that says "authorize release." that gives the driver the go ahead to drop at your door. If this doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell you, that's how I did it.

NYR

Ken Masters said:
you would think he wouldn't have to stand in line seeing how he co-founded the company and all that jazz
He does it to hang around with people. Dude is paid, has a lot of free time, this is a chance to interact with his fans and people who will be in awe of him. Awesome ego boost.

JackEtc

Brendonia said:
That was me. I replied on the last page but you should be able to sign into your ups account. Click your tracking number which opens your my choice details. When on that screen click on change delivery and you should be able to check a box that says "authorize release." that gives the driver the go ahead to drop at your door. If this doesn't work I'm not sure what to tell you, that's how I did it.
Dammit, the site keeps giving me an error when trying to sign up for My Choice :(

Imperial Hot said:
Bububububu it's the best place to buy.
No no, that's a common mistake. Like KFC and FedEx, the company's current name is a shortened version of a longer, original name - in this case, "Best Buy It Someplace Else."

Gary Whitta said:
No no, that's a common mistake. Like KFC and FedEx, the company's current name is a shortened version of a longer, original name - in this case, "Best Buy It Someplace Else."
DAMMIT BEST BUY. AT LEAST LUBE ME UP BEFORE YOU FUCK ME.

Well, I got sick of waiting around, so Softbank handed it over unactivated. Service will switch over to the new machine when the paper-pushers get around to it.

jombag

Cheesemeister said:
Well, I got sick of waiting around, so Softbank handed it over unactivated. Service will switch over to the new machine when the paper-pushers get around to it.
at least you're the first gaffer to have one

i Feel a little bit crazy, I want to buy a Leica leather case with the nice red velvet interior and mod it to use as a slip case for the phone 4s.

JackEtc said:
Now looking at the SwitchEasy Vulcan vs. the Incipio NGP. WHY AM I SO INDECISIVE
I went with the Incipio NGP because it retains the phone's rectangular uniformity, so you can still let it stand upright on a table and it's pretty stable. Also, it covers the metallic buttons and lock switch, which is important to me personally.

RDreamer

Question: My wife wants to upgrade her iphone. She doesn't necessarily want the 4S, she just wants her apps to load within a few minutes (she's on a 3G right now). I upgraded a bit ago to a 4. If I upgrade her to the 4S is there a way for us to switch phones? How easy is that? Do you just switch the sim card or whatever? Do I have to tell AT&T or what? We want our same phone numbers and stuff obviously. I just want her 4S.

I just recieved the SwitchEasy NUDE case yesterday in the mail. Very thin, very tough and has lovely little stick-in covers for all the jacks and ports. Very pleased with it.

Does anyone know if the GSM iPhone 4s is able to be activated on a CMDA network if someone decides to get rid of it or terminate the contract? Because I called Apple Support but the guy sounded like an idiot

KHarvey16

Here is our strategy at work: we placed a Digikey order today and had it shipped UPS overnight AM delivery. The driver will not be allowed to leave until we have our phones and we will board his truck to look if it comes to that.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Kermit The Dog said:
I just recieved the SwitchEasy NUDE case yesterday in the mail. Very thin, very tough and has lovely little stick-in covers for all the jacks and ports. Very pleased with it.

I've got mine as well. Highly recommend it.

Scalibur said:
Mine arrived in Newark! Not long now.

Mine's in Newark as well!

I live in Boston in an apartment so I'll be hanging around the front door all day waiting for the UPS guy so I can make sure to sign it, haha.

JackEtc

LOL Oh god. Tomorrow is UPS's day to deliver my iPhone, but also FedEx's day to deliver my Woot order of 48 glowsticks
KuGsj.gif

I just hope the FedEx guy doesn't come first and get confused by the note saying I can't sign for the package, and end up taking the note.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom