• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Steve Wozniak is actually waiting in line for the thing? Damn, he seems like such an awesome guy.

Zeth

The Hundreds is releasing this new case/thing tomorrow to coincide with the 4S release.

I'm gonna try to get one to compliment my Incipio Feather. Will be available at their stores in LA/SF/NY and online shop.

THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12c.jpg

THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12a.jpg

THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12d.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cheesemeister said:
On my way to Softbank now. They have to hand it over in 12 minutes.

Japan is doing in-store pickups? Nice!

Any word on whether Siri is even on the Japanese models?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Zeth said:
The Hundreds is releasing this new case/thing tomorrow to coincide with the 4S release.

I'm gonna try to get one to compliment my Incipio Feather. Will be available at their stores in LA/SF/NY and online shop.

http://thehundreds.com/files/2011/10/THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12c.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://thehundreds.com/files/2011/10/THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12a.jpg[/]
[IMG]http://thehundreds.com/files/2011/10/THE-HUNDREDS-x-HEX_12d.jpg[/][/QUOTE]So not only do I lose my phone, I also lose my wallet.

Do they do a case that will hold my keys as well?

Zefah said:
Steve Wozniak is actually waiting in line for the thing? Damn, he seems like such an awesome guy.

He waits in line for every major Apple product. It's actually easy to meet him because of knowing where he'll be.

So if I'm activating my new phone and porting a number from AT&T to Verizon tomorrow is it a pretty simple process? I ordered the phone through the Apple site and inputted the number I wanted to carry over. But I've never done a number transfer like this before, is it a fairly automatic process?

Gary Whitta said:
So if I'm activating my new phone and porting a number from AT&T to Verizon tomorrow is it a pretty simple process? I ordered the phone through the Apple site and inputted the number I wanted to carry over. But I've never done a number transfer like this before, is it a fairly automatic process?

It's pretty straight forward. It might take some time for your phone to update to the new number, and if it doesn't seem to be updating, try a hard reset, but other than that, it's pretty smooth.

omgkitty

Just had something weird happen. I had $300 charged to my account last week, and even though I was annoyed by it, it wasn't that big of a deal. Well now it's disappeared off my account. Kind of strange considering it shipped 2 days ago. Anyone else have this happen?

3N16MA said:
Also the black iPhone 4/4S is thinner than the white. You want to have the thinnest iPhone possible.

http://i.imgur.com/uDb47.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://static.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/joe-wilson-picture.jpg

That was proven wrong plus it's the iPhone 4 not the 4S

Seems like the 4S will be opposite of the 4; with most people opting for white black becomes the choice of the non-conformist thought leaders! Black is the new white! #thinkdifferent

Gary Whitta said:
Seems like the 4S will be opposite of the 4; with most people opting for white black becomes the choice of the non-conformist thought leaders! Black is the new white! #thinkdifferent
Come on Gary, you want it in white. You know you do.

StopMakingSense said:
Come on Gary, you want it in white. You know you do.
I'm actually kinda committed to black at this point as the gf is definitely going white and since neither of us like using cases the phones are just going to get mixed up if they're both the same color. This way we are a two-color household, all bases covered! I'll get the 5 in whatever wacky optional color they decide to do.

(still not looking forward to all the sexy white phone photos that will be flooding this thread in the next 24 hours)

woober

I think I'm going with this case for the white iPhone:

vulcan_ip4_arctic.jpg

Anyone have other suggestions that are similar to this or have this case?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I still haven't seen a case that doesn't ruin the beautiful look of the iPhone. The bumpers look the least offensive, but I still can't get on board with them.

Gary Whitta said:
Well, that's one way to make me feel better about not getting the white.

Grass is always greener? I like the white and gave it thought but I think in the long run I will be a lot happier with the black.

amrod

Gary Whitta said:
I'm actually kinda committed to black at this point as the gf is definitely going white and since neither of us like using cases the phones are just going to get mixed up if they're both the same color. This way we are a two-color household, all bases covered! I'll get the 5 in whatever wacky optional color they decide to do.

(still not looking forward to all the sexy white phone photos that will be flooding this thread in the next 24 hours)

Good idea on the diff color'd phones... Wouldnt want her spying on your text msgs and stuff heh

KHarvey16

Zefah said:
I still haven't seen a case that doesn't ruin the beautiful look of the iPhone. The bumpers look the least offensive, but I still can't get on board with them.

I think the incase snap, or something similar, is about all I could see myself using.

woober

woober said:
I think I'm going with this case for the white iPhone:

vulcan_ip4_arctic.jpg

Anyone have other suggestions that are similar to this or have this case?

Well, that or I was planning on this one (Atomic Hybrid which is $60 and would rather not spend):

xXEa0.png

bbagwell

My switcheasy duo arrived this afternoon and it is freaking awesome. Best $18 I've spent in a while. Think naked, with an awesome trenchcoat.

amrod

Technosteve said:
According to macrumors Woz is on line at the apple store in los gatos on his segway. He is also the only person online. I wonder if he checked in on four square.

krEJK.jpg

Not my pic :p

Just got my white 64gb iPhone! Rolled up at 7:45 Australia time, doors opened at 8 and I was 6th in line. Was out by 9am. Easy!

So far the phone's marvellous. Siri is fantastic, and I love her Australian accent.
KuGsj.gif
More impressions soon.

Gary Whitta said:
Well, that's one way to make me feel better about not getting the white.
Black one is better because the proximity sensor isn't visible. Also, the white one looks a lot better in pictures than it does in person. Plus, your focus will be on the screen (after the first week or so when the new 4S smell wears off). Tell me which one is more distracting in that regard (answer: the white).

Compare:

Apple-White-iPhone-4-vs.-Black-iPhone-4-580x368.jpg

It ain't even no contest, Mr. Whitta.

Well, leave it to Softbank to not have the server load capacity to deal with it. Had to do the contract by paper and fax, leaving me waiting for the data entry people to process it.

This could take another hour or more.

Cheesemeister said:
Well, leave it to Softbank to not have the server load capacity to deal with it. Had to do the contract by paper and fax, leaving me waiting for the data entry people to process it.

This could take another hour or more.
Sounds a lot like my experience with the first iPhone, where I thought I was being smart by going to an AT&T store instead of Apple. Never again.

I am half-tempted to drive the fuck out to Los Gatos and get my picture taken with Woz.

With Siri integration, I think I am finally going to give up on my Google Voice number. I've used it exclusively for the last 2+ years, and while I love having voice mail transcribed and sent to email and text messages sent through email, I think I am done with it. I really want integration with Siri, and since Siri can't read email, I can't reply to text messages verbally. Also, I can't do voice dialing, and I can't get the hacks to do voice dialing (GV#,2,NUMBERCALLING#) to ever work.

But, if I get rid of Google Voice, it will be the last google service I use, outside of search. I have my own email domain now.

Does anyone else think this is a smart decision? Anyone else use Google Voice and an iPhone?

Edit: I should also add that I don't text very often, or at least I don't text to non-iPhone users or people outside of my business plan very often, so the allure of free texting is meaningless.

JackEtc

I still have to find a case. I want a minimalist case like the Incase Snap or Incipio Feather or SwitchEasy Nude or any other good one like that, but I can't decide which one is best.

I want something that will 100% have no camera flash problems, and some "lay flat on table" protection if possible.

Help?

giga

JackEtc said:
I still have to find a case. I want a minimalist case like the Incase Snap or Incipio Feather or SwitchEasy Nude or any other good one like that, but I can't decide which one is best.

I want something that will 100% have no camera flash problems, and some "lay flat on table" protection if possible.

Help?
Incase Snap Smoke. Has a very subtle matte surface that feels great in the hand and will help it from slipping out of your hand. Definitely no camera problems.

Gary Whitta said:
Sounds a lot like my experience with the first iPhone, where I thought I was being smart by going to an AT&T store instead of Apple. Never again.

I am half-tempted to drive the fuck out to Los Gatos and get my picture taken with Woz.

Dude, do it. Let's see that picture!

JackEtc

giga said:
Incase Snap Smoke. Has a very subtle matte surface that feels great in the hand and will help it from slipping out of your hand. Definitely no camera problems.
The Snap was my original pick, but I'm really having a hard time with it being $35. Is it worth it?

I'm assuming you have one. Any lay down on screen protection?

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
brianmcdoogle said:
With Siri integration, I think I am finally going to give up on my Google Voice number. I've used it exclusively for the last 2+ years, and while I love having voice mail transcribed and sent to email and text messages sent through email, I think I am done with it. I really want integration with Siri, and since Siri can't read email, I can't reply to text messages verbally. Also, I can't do voice dialing, and I can't get the hacks to do voice dialing (GV#,2,NUMBERCALLING#) to ever work.

But, if I get rid of Google Voice, it will be the last google service I use, outside of search. I have my own email domain now.

Does anyone else think this is a smart decision? Anyone else use Google Voice and an iPhone?

Edit: I should also add that I don't text very often, or at least I don't text to non-iPhone users or people outside of my business plan very often, so the allure of free texting is meaningless.

Sprint allows the best of both worlds, as you can link Google Voice to work automatically with your sprint number

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/sprint/#
(Option 1)

No need to dial all the GV crap, and you can get your texts sent right to your phone like normal

giga

JackEtc said:
The Snap was my original pick, but I'm really having a hard time with it being $35. Is it worth it?

I'm assuming you have one. Any lay down on screen protection?
$20 on ebay. Make sure to get the updated ones that was redesigned for Verizon/4S.

RaidenZR

My Sprint tracking declares it is in the nearest big-city neighbor now. So cloooooseeeee.... All I have to hope for now is that the UPS truck rolls into my apartment complex tomorrow at a decent hour (before the office that signs for packages decides to close). Otherwise I get screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom