• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 4S |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
giga said:
I had the same phone. I re-entered each contact into gmail and used that to sync it to my phone. Any changes you make on the phone will be synced back to gmail's servers too. Long process, but rewarding in the end.

Damn.. will have to wait after my exams next week. Guess only priority contacts will make it through tomorrow.

Christopher

RIM couldn't have made my choice easier with their most recent fuck up not allowing me ot use my internet for 3 days, and my contract just ran out two days ago.

I now am one of my fellow iPhone 4S brothers.

Aske

BocoDragon said:
I'm thankful for that. My Canadian carrier utterly failed me, and I doubt I'm getting one tomorrow. I need to vicariously experience 4S launch day through you guys....

Yep, mine too by the looks of things. Which is irritating, because I made my order the second they went live, and there were no delays or problems at all. That said, I can wait a few days if necessary. I suspect those people who failed to pre-order and aren't camping out on launch day will have a long, long wait before they can obtain a 4S.

Evlar

Banned
caliblue15 said:
Technically it would work on ATT with SIM card.
I'm not sure it would... I suspect the Sprint and Verizon phones will default to their native CDMA networks when they're available.

Jimrpg

In line now at southland Melbourne. Got here at 4am. About 40th in queue. Ten minutes to go prob bout 200? 300? I've been on a Nokia 6700 classic so I'm looking forward to the 4s :)

Evlar

Banned
arbok26 said:
In line now at southland Melbourne. Got here at 4am. About 40th in queue. Ten minutes to go prob bout 200? 300? I've been on a Nokia 6700 classic so I'm looking forward to the 4s :)
First into the breach!

Kind of off-topic, but my girlfriend is going to Jamaica soon and I'm wondering if she will be able to call me from that country. I am in the USA, and we will both have iPhones and we're both on AT&T, if any of that matters.

Aske

Remus said:
How is the fit with the phone in the Kutu case? Also what kind of material is inside the case? I have the Sena Elega case and it's a really tight fit at first.

The interior is covered in a velvety material. As for the fit; I have no idea. I don't have a 4 to hand to test the fit. But reviews say it'll be tight, and the accompanying leaflet says all Sena's cases take a few days to break in. I imagine it'll be much like your Elega: sized to loosen a little bit. That said, unlike something like the Ultraslim, the Kutu is pretty boxy. I've read the Ultraslim is extremely tight for quite a while, and from the design I think that's because it's much softer leather with a less rigid shape, so it's expected to loosen quite a lot. I doubt the Kutu will stretch all that much, so any break in period should be brief.

The Lamonster said:
Kind of off-topic, but my girlfriend is going to Jamaica soon and I'm wondering if she will be able to call me from that country. I am in the USA, and we will both have iPhones and we're both on AT&T, if any of that matters.

Yeah, she'll be able too.

When I was up in Alaska and Canada on a cruise this past summer, I sent text messages using MCP Maritime from the ship and both Rogers or Telus while I was in Canada.

AT&T just recognized them as international texts so wasn't that big of a deal really.

I ordered from verizon and someone mentioned being able to change the shipping to no signature required but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it on the ups site. I signed up for the My choice...but thats as far as I got Haaalp

lbcyalater said:
I ordered from verizon and someone mentioned being able to change the shipping to no signature required but I can not for the life of me figure out how to do it on the ups site. I signed up for the My choice...but thats as far as I got Haaalp
I can definitely help. First, post the address of the place it will be delivered to. Also make sure to mention the time span that the package will be sitting in front of the door.

:p

JackEtc

lbcyalater said:
I'd like to know if this is possible too.

EDIT: Also, I can't seem to register for My Choice. I keep getting "Based on the information provided, UPS cannot process your request. To continue, review the information provided for accuracy. (1013)" on Step 1.

This is why you don't ask Twitter to help you decide anything:

bijv.png

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Whitta said:

Gary, I just want to say that your doubt has now spread over to me. I'm not heavily debating whether or not to get a white model along with my wife tomorrow morning. They both look so damn good.

Hello kitty vader does make a good point, Gary you need to get your iphone 4s in leather. Just like that amazing find my friends app and calender app. But you should get some green felt too.

Hey guys!

Can't wait for the phones to arrive tomorrow! Left KY at 3p Est.

How do I migrate data from 3G to 4S? Does the method of Full back in iTunes and then restore on new phone still the best practice? I kinda want to avoid ios5 since it'll be even slower than ios4. any suggestions?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
duracell017 said:
Hey guys!

Can't wait for the phones to arrive tomorrow! Left KY at 3p Est.

How do I migrate data from 3G to 4S? Does the method of Full back in iTunes and then restore on new phone still the best practice? I kinda want to avoid ios5 since it'll be even slower than ios4. any suggestions?
Do a backup in iTunes with your old phone then you can restore on your new.

You'll be on iOS 5 whether you like it nor not... And it definitely will not be slower than a 3G.

According to macrumors Woz is on line at the apple store in los gatos on his segway. He is also the only person online. I wonder if he checked in on four square.

Number45

cjelly said:
New customer or upgrade?

Mine is an upgrade and they said I'd have it tomorrow.
New customer, ordered within minutes of them going up for pre-order so I assume existing customers are getting first allocation (though I've actually now had my shipping notification, so it's possible it will arrive tomorrow). That's actually nice to hear, so often existing customers get the shaft.

Gary Whitta said:
God just imagine if Apple had done a bunch of cool colors like the iPod nanos. I'd be in a fucking psych ward by now.

That would have been easy. Orange. And I'd still get the black bumper case I ordered.

Technosteve said:
According to macrumors Woz is on line at the apple store in los gatos on his segway. He is also the only person online. I wonder if he checked in on four square.
Woz is such a legend, I need to meet that dude before I die. I'll put the photo of us on the mantel together with the one of me with Jeremy from Pure Pwnage.

eudaemonic said:
That would have been easy. Orange. And I'd still get the black bumper case I ordered.
I actually really want it in that insane metallic turquoise color the 3DS comes in. Or is that total madness?

Gary Whitta said:
God just imagine if Apple had done a bunch of cool colors like the iPod nanos. I'd be in a fucking psych ward by now.

Why don't you get both? One sim free, the other on a contract. Win win, except for your wallet of course.

Zeth

Departed Anchorage!

I'm thinking it has to be flying into Philly if there's any truth in the "On Time for Friday" status.

R-User!

Gary Whitta said:

bijv.png
What the fuck is this ennie meenie minii moe?! ----- what?

Catch a White iPhone by it's toe!

If it hollers then it's Black!

Ennie meenie thhis is whack!

Dude you had black, right?
It's time for white.

Remember, once you go White, you see the light!

I've had a Black 3G for 40 months, and its time for that White DSLite newness factor!

sk3

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Woz is such a legend, I need to meet that dude before I die. I'll put the photo of us on the mantel together with the one of me with Jeremy from Pure Pwnage.

I actually really want it in that insane metallic turquoise color the 3DS comes in. Or is that total madness?
You have a picture with jeremy? That is awesome. I would want that more than a woz picture. It's a shame how pure pwnage just kind of fell apart over the years.

sk3 said:
You have a picture with jeremy? That is awesome. I would want that more than a woz picture. It's a shame how pure pwnage just kind of fell apart over the years.
Yeah I checked out the TV show version they did on Hulu and it wasn't good. But I have many fond memories of the first season of the web show, even bought the DVD!

Comic-Con 2009. Man I was fat!

2z8xddt.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom