• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iran to ban US citizens in response to Trump's immigration order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpsepyre

Banned
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/28/middleeast/iran-will-ban-us-citizens/

'Iran says it will ban all US citizens from entering the country in response to President Donald Trump's executive order limiting immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries, according to an Iranian Foreign Ministry statement published on state media Saturday.

Iran is among seven countries whose nationals are barred from entering the United States for 90 days under Trump's order'.

---

It is what it is.

EDIT:
Borzou Daragahi @bourzou
Breaking: Iraqi parliament to discuss retaliatory blocking of visas for all Americans, including contractors & journalists (MoFA source)

kmax

I wouldn't be surprised if other countries stated following suit.

Donald Trump will go down as the worst president in history. The worst president of presidents.

Oberon

Banned
He really is trying to undo everything Obama did, isn't he?
Wonder when he's going try to "negotiate" with Cuba.
It's always easier to break something, than repaire it.

Corpsepyre

Banned
ufx557G.png

I mean, that's a fair response.
I understand why they would react like that.
I don't know if it's the right response, though.

i think this is all a shitshow, and this isn't even remotely the point, but i feel like the majority of Americans couldn't care less about not being able to go to Iran

Dalibor68

Banned

While of course it sucks, that's also an exaggeration because there is no way this ban will stay up for the rest of her life. In the meantime a work-around over this shitty situation might be to meet in a third country, if money and health allows. NO, that is obviously not a SOLUTION, but as long as this shitty ban is upheld might as well make the best of the situation (aside from legally challenging and protesting it as well).

Wonder if other countries are going to follow suit.

they could

it is only week one and we are going with high tensions at break neck speeds

they sad thing is that these two countries governments will get the least effected but rather the innocent citizens who are usually free from this uber diplomacy will be tossed into the middle with nowhere to go

ianpm31

It's only been a week and he's starting all this shit with everybody and pissing people off. Fuck this guy.

Read this story on yahoo and saw the comments...."who goes to Iran anyway?". I swear republicans are pathetic

While of course it sucks, that's also an exaggeration because you can meet in basically every other country on earth (other than maybe Israel).

You're underestimating how many people have poorer or older family members who can't really travel. I know for my parents that's the case, at least

Does Trump believe the US is the only one that can do this stuff? More and more countries will retaliate and we'll be permanently fucked

Hoo-doo

Banned
While of course it sucks, that's also an exaggeration because you can meet in basically every other country on earth (other than maybe Israel).

What the fuck kind of argument is this?

You mean having to leave your home country just to be able to meet your family? That's not fucked up?

Lol I can't wait to see the history books of this time, or if he sends us to our doom I hope that the afterlife has a Black Twitter.

Dalibor68

Banned
What the fuck kind of argument is this?

You mean having to leave your home country just to be able to meet your family? That's not fucked up?

Reading comprehension.

Of course it's fucked up.

You're underestimating how many people have poorer or older family members who can't really travel. I know for my parents that's the case, at least

Fair point.

RDreamer

Borzou Daragahi @bourzou
Breaking: Iraqi parliament to discuss retaliatory blocking of visas for all Americans, including contractors & journalists (MoFA source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom