• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

cryptic

I'm Irish. I didn't ask to be a us citizen. I can cook decent, I work at a Michelin place now. Can I just fly over and work under the table for a change of scene? Thanks.

Podge293

why does dublin bus cost more than a luas fare? Started going from cork st to docklands by the 151 instead of take the red line luas from fatima to the point, and the only downside is the price, luas is 40 cents cheaper each way

Ones private and ones public is my guess. Also Dublin bus are clueless.

Customer numbers are down so let's Jack up the prices. Great tactic

acohrs

Ones private and ones public is my guess. Also Dublin bus are clueless.

Customer numbers are down so let's Jack up the prices. Great tactic

Someone should report dublin bus to the ECJ for their no-refund-get-a-receipt-and-claim-at-some-place-in-the-city-centre-that-will-end-up-costing-more-money-so-nobody-does-it-and-they-keep-the-change strategy.

Shame there's more seats on the bus and I can play my 3ds rather than on the LUAS where I'm squished between some young ones and junkies

Matsukaze

I'm Irish. I didn't ask to be a us citizen. I can cook decent, I work at a Michelin place now. Can I just fly over and work under the table for a change of scene? Thanks.
If you're serious about relocating, make sure you have work lined up before you buy that plane ticket. You can do things the hard way, but I wouldn't recommend it.

acohrs

oi lad! Fox News called Supermacs one of the top 10 fast food restaurants in the world! Don't you know quality when you taste it?!

NateDog

Any of you seen anything in the IMAX theatre at Cineworld? I'm hoping they're going to show Dunkirk there but have no idea what it's like.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Go for then so? Multiple showings or just one?

Also, I forget, at the IFI, are seats FCFS or do you have to book them?
Not really sure. When I had to go see The Hateful Eight, I chose to book my seats because I knew the demand for them would be high. I assume the same could be said for Dunkirk. Give them a ring and see if that's the case. Though if you do choose to book, you'll have to present the credit card you used to book the tickets with online at the box office.

And yeah, it says showings start on that date. They didn't say how long it's gonna go on for.

NateDog

Not a bad idea guys but I'm afraid I couldn't go as this is what I'm going to do for my birthday with my GF and I still don't know what day I'll have off during that week. Although I suppose there are other movies out that I could see with her though. I can't stick to a date though right now.

acohrs

Not a bad idea guys but I'm afraid I couldn't go as this is what I'm going to do for my birthday with my GF and I still don't know what day I'll have off during that week. Although I suppose there are other movies out that I could see with her though. I can't stick to a date though right now.

Bring her with? Don't mind extra peeps

Say we get a roll call of anybody that can come for now and then wait to see what time is specified when tix go on sale. Then we can decide on dinner before or after and possible token after too.

How does that sound?

Nerdkiller

Membeur

Say we get a roll call of anybody that can come for now and then wait to see what time is specified when tix go on sale. Then we can decide on dinner before or after and possible token after too.

How does that sound?
I'm hoping there's at least multiple showings a day for the movie (it isn't particularly long at 107 minutes, compared to the 3 hour length of The Hateful Eight) so that we might catch an early booking (I'll actually contact them right now to see if that's the case). Token is a must though. I've been dying to go there since it first opened.

NateDog

How does that sound?

I'm hoping there's at least multiple showings a day for the movie (it isn't particularly long at 107 minutes, compared to the 3 hour length of The Hateful Eight) so that we might catch an early booking (I'll actually contact them right now to see if that's the case). Token is a must though. I've been dying to go there since it first opened.
These both sound decent, I'd prefer an early showing too since it's likely to be a bit quieter. I should know next week what days I'll be off that week and if it's possible, doubt my missus would go though.

danthefan

Probably not tbh.

I don't get the context of your post, if you're Irish get a passport.

Podge293

I won't believe it until I see it. I would say it looks like we have a better plan than before with the classic "pub on a Bank Holiday" thing at least. Will we still have to book Token if we're doing it?

Depends how many is going. Wouldn't hurt to book it but they're accepting walkins now

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Can someone please explain to me the meaning of this?

image.php

NateDog

If you book with the IFI are the seats always unallocated? I just checked to see and it seems to be the case with most of not all of their current listings.

Big Nikus

Getting married in three days here in France, celtic themed wedding and going to Ireland next month for the honeymoon ! I've been wanting to go to ireland since I was a kid and my fiancée too so it surely won't be our last trip there but it's nice to go the first time for our honeymoon :)

Still searching for a good ending song for the ceremony though !

NateDog

Think they're always not allocated

Dang. I read their 70mm screen has about 240 seats but is there normally a big queue to go in before it opens up to let people take their seats?

Getting married in three days here in France, celtic themed wedding and going to Ireland next month for the honeymoon ! I've been wanting to go to ireland since I was a kid and my fiancée too so it surely won't be our last trip there but it's nice to go the first time for our honeymoon :)

Congrats! What part / parts are you heading to?

acohrs

Dang. I read their 70mm screen has about 240 seats but is there normally a big queue to go in before it opens up to let people take their seats?

Gets fairly busy yeah but usually only for the latest showings I think. Havent gone too often, personally prefer going to vue when I see films

Clegg

Congrats.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
https://twitter.com/FilmCritHULK/status/882994751019995136

Film Crit Hulk said:
THE LEVEL OF COGNITIVE DISSONANCE BETWEEN HULK AND PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE THE FIRST TWO RAIMI SPIDERMANS IS, LIKE, A UNIVERSE WORTH.

OKAY, LET'S DOUBLE DOWN ON THIS. PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT BECAUSE PETER IS AN ACTUAL DORK, AND NOT A SECRET COOL KID WHO MAKES THEM FEEL COOL. PETER IS SINCERE, AWKWARD, GOOFY, DOOFY, AND FULL OF AW SHUCKS EARNESTNESS AND TOBEY PLAYS IT PERFECTLY. THAT'S THE CHARACTER. WITH THIS, SEEING THE OLD FAMILIARS PROP UP WHEN IT COMES TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE RAIMI'S WORK "CORNY / CLICHED / COULDN'T GET INTO IT", WORDS THAT DON'T REALLY DESCRIBE WHAT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING. BECAUSE WHAT RAIMI IS, IS ESSENTIALLY THE ANTI-NOLAN.

HE JUMPS TONES, TEXTURES, OFTEN (BUT ALL DIRECTED FROM STORY NEED) - BUT MORE SO, WE WEARS A BIG EMOTIONAL SINCERE HEART ON THE SLEEVE. AND WHAT THIS IS TERRIBLE FOR IS INDULGENCE, FOR NAKEDLY PUTTING YOURSELF INTO A MOVIE AND WANTING TO FEEL AWESOME. THE PROBLEM WITH SAM RAIMI FOR SOME PEOPLE IS THAT HE DOESN'T MAKE YOU FEEL EMPOWERED... HE MAKES YOU FEEL HUMAN.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHY HULK ADORES HIM.
Yes, yes, YES! Finally, someone gets me!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
The IFI have posted the times Dunkirk will be showing. It'll be on at 1:10pm, 3:45pm, 6:20pm, and 8:50pm. 3:45 on alright with everyone?

Top Bottom