• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Irish Thread

I'm gonna be moving back to the UK soon ish, and I want to go to JImmy Cheungs before I go. I've been meaning to go for years, ever since I moved here and even if it is shit I'm gonna go.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I enjoyed it......
703369.gif

NateDog

Have any of you guys ever pre-ordered anything from Littlewoods? Trying to see if they're worth trying or if I'm better going with a more reputable outlet.

Podge293

That's great to hear, cheers Podge! By the way did you get your new Switch yet?

I'm holding off for a while. In all honesty I barely played it. I liked to think I did but I have may be played 10 full hours since the first week.

That being said there is some great games coming out soon. Mario rabbids looks good and Mario odysessy. Might try convince the wife to get me one for Christmas or our anniversary ha

Clegg

Anyone else notice that any criticism of Conor McGregor gets met with accusations of you being a begrudger or anti working class? His defenders are becoming insufferable. Can't criticise anything he says or does anymore. And there's a lot that's deserving of condemnation.

Podge293

Anyone else notice that any criticism of Conor McGregor gets met with accusations of you being a begrudger or anti working class? His defenders are becoming insufferable. Can't criticise anything he says or does anymore. And there's a lot that's deserving of condemnation.

Yeah it's a tad ridiculous. Personally I wanna see him get ko'd on Saturday/Sunday. Never was a fan of him

acohrs

Speaking of Conor, they filmed that new beats ad on my street. Didn't realise what the filming was for until I saw the ad, saw a bunch of garda and young types hanging around and thought fuck and walked the other way haha

Matsukaze

There are several people in my office who are fans of his (for whatever reason, I cannot see). They overlook/downplay pretty much every shady or blatantly scummy thing he has said or done.

It's a lose-lose situation for the rest of us, because if Conor wins, the rest of us will be forced to hear about how mighty he is/best ever/whatever and if he loses, we'll be forced to hear about how Mayweather got lucky/it was a fluke/etc.

NateDog

Paddy power. Marketing genius.
Honestly I find a lot of their advertising "humour" pretty pathetic and moronic, but I agree, as it appeals to a lot of the people that see it. If he does lose I can't wait to hear everyone who endlessly babbles on about how amazing he is tell the universe how they knew he could never win but that he's simultaneously still the best.

McGregor lost (surprising no one) and of course all the comments on the Irish sites are 'sure didn't he do well' 'he was never going to win but going 10 rounds against the greatest boxer is an achievement' 'blah blah blah. Give me a break.

NateDog

Saw a picture of him hanging on the ropes at the end and he looked like in that fight he aged about 20 years. From the sounds of it Mayweather toyed with him from about round 2. McGregor fans won't stop though but at least they should be quiet for a while now.

Top Bottom