• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ironman - Rewatched

Vyse

Gold Member
Just finished rewatching Ironman for the first time in quite some time. What a really good movie. I shudder to think what this movie would have looked like if they made it today. Sad how far the brand has declined.

Hoping that Gunn and Company can pull off the reboot at DC.

cormack12

Gold Member
I shudder to think what this movie would have looked like if they made it today. Sad how far the brand has declined.

Ironing man

d1gxhcf-fd2470f7-aa0c-4dd7-a75c-d175a7f63602.jpg

For having so little action iron man action in it, it’s still near top tier marvel and a million miles away from where they are just how. Pretty much spot on casting and an engaging story that worked well with an almost indie budget. (Well compared to pretty much every other Marvel movie)

To think, there were concerns this wouldn’t do well. Think what the world would be like if the mcu started with the eternals, the Marvel’s or anyone of the recent train wrecks they call an ‘event movie’ these days

ManaByte

Just finished rewatching Ironman for the first time in quite some time. What a really good movie. I shudder to think what this movie would have looked like if they made it today. Sad how far the brand has declined.

Hoping that Gunn and Company can pull off the reboot at DC.

He wouldn't make the transvestite joke today.

Vyse

Gold Member
Jeff Bridges and Terrance Howard were really good supporting actors. Catching RDJ at his comeback was great timing. Favreau on his rise. Wow, talk about lighting in a bottle.

FunkMiller

Probably would have been the best superhero movie of any other year than the one The Dark Knight came out in. It's a really good example of efficient storytelling, with an extremely tight script that doesn't have a load of fat hanging off it, coupled with an astoundingly good performance from RDJ. It really was the perfect way to start the MCU, and is still top 5 in the whole damn thing.

It's a movie that would never get made today.

Speaking of Captain America

Winter soldier, another actual marvel masterpiece. I so miss those days 😢

They actually made you want to go see them on opening. (and not worry about missing some barely connected story that goes nowhere. Or are a character you know nothing about, but seems ‘special’ in some unearned way)

Top Bottom