• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is anyone else worried that Death Stranding's story is going to be too "crazy"?

firelogic

I can't wait to see what comes out of Kojima's mind when he's got full creative control with no one to answer to. Yes, not even Sony.

Bishop89

Death Stranding, on the other hand, seems to take place in a reality where anything goes. Babies in capsules, soldiers with umbilical cords attached to their equipment, levitating god-like figures in the sky.

This stuff wouldn't be out of place in metal gear solid though.. Lol

I want crazy unique games like mgs and death stranding.

Falchion

He's starting from scratch with this so I'm sure it'll be a little obscure and complicated, but hopefully still possible to follow without external documents.

On one hand I'm looking forward to it but on the other hand, looking at how the level of perversion of the fanservice in MGS has grown with each entry, I'm also worried that he might take the stuff he did with Paz and Quiet and take it to an even worse level. Though even maintaining that level is already off-putting enough.

Solidino

From HK twitter...

bXEoSC8.jpg

mrk8885

Banned
It’s a Kojima game AND the trailers have already been nonsensical.

Yea, the game is probably going to be a bit too crazy.

Jawmuncher

I’m hoping someone at Sony has him on a leash. Kohima works better (such as when he had Fukushima) when he can’t go off the deep end with his ideas. Much like George Lucas.

Dunkley

I hope it's MGS2 or at least MGS4 crazy and not MGSV "crazy".
Not saying it was all bad. The Man in flames, Paz's side story and the intro scenes with the burning horse and the burning whale were great and made me wish there was more of that.

Having some budget to fully realize Kojima's vision for this should definitely help tho.

Solidino

I hope it's MGS2 or at least MGS4 crazy and not MGSV "crazy".
Not saying it was all bad. The Man in flames, Paz's side story and the intro scenes with the burning horse and the burning whale were great and made me wish there was more of that.

Having some budget to fully realize Kojima's vision for this should definitely help tho.

ok, but the direction of the intro (PP) is very bad and unrealistic in some scenes, for example when there are some shots from man in flame, to BB, then again Man in flame and BB, Man in flame BB, so meh, but all the intro is bad and too long.

sephiroth7x

Let him make the game he wants...

I do personally believe its going to do daft things and hopefully a really top drawer editor will work alongside him. That's all the guy needs though, someone who edits out all the bullshit and keeps the goodness because the man is filled with great ideas, both narratively and through gameplay.

But since MGS took place in our universe and was centered around the military and politics, it had a certain level of groundedness...

Death Stranding will have a certain level of groundness too.

Nanomachines, vampires, cyborgs that can lift tankers, I fought a gang rape victim given a robotic transforming cyber tiger that she rides INSIDE OF to travel through the snow and carry out sniper missions, giant robots that are just legs and they moo like a cow, again: vampires, constant cloning...

I like how that's grounded but a test tube baby or an umbilical cord is just way too fantastical.

Again, there are literally vampires in MGS. People ride in cyber tigers. Darkwing Duck is a more grounded take on real world crime fighting than MGS is anything. I would expect Death Stranding to continue the trend.

Top Bottom