• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Danger Close making Battlefield: Bad Company 3?

elcapitan

Bad Company is the superior version, although it feels like a downward trend for the series overall. Bad Company 1 is still the best in my mind.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I hope not. They're awful at multiplayer. My money's on Respawn's game finally coming. Feels like we've been waiting on that forever. If it's sci-fi like rumored it would also help with the modern setting fatigue.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Taking MoH out of circulation means that the horrible gameplay elements are out, instead it just means that they will put them into BC3.

I seriously doubt they took resources from DICE to work on BC3. I don't think this will go well.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yeah from what I've seen they're horrible. Definitely do not want them doing a sequel to one of my favorite MP games ever.
If it happened I'd like it to be a DICE/DC collaboration that wasn't just a last minute forced venture from EA like 2010. If DC did the campaign and DICE could focus on the MP for a Battlefield game, so they actually would care about it, it would be great.

kuYuri

The biggest thing I feel that separates BC3 from mainline BF is the SP campaign and its focus on Bad Company's (Marlowe, Sweetwater, Haggard, Sarge) adventures. Honestly, it's hard to separate BC from BF proper just based on the multiplayer, as they are very similar and BF3 I felt was pretty iterative from BC2.

The most important thing I feel is that BC3 needs to go back to the funny, more lighthearted tone of BC1's campaign. It's what separates it from all the other serious, modern military shooters. The MP can be however they want it to be, as the humor does not carry over into MP.

Okay so I went digging on LinkedIn after people were talking about Danger Close being dissolved.

Greg Goodrich doesn't seem to be at EA anymore: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/vie...gqvist/27/bb9/b73&trk=prof-sb-browse_map-name

Bergstrom's profile lists he's a Creative Director at EA, but it no longer says Danger Close.

There are people who still have Danger Close on their linkedin, but you know, not everyone updates those all the time.

Wow, Greg Goodrich gone already? Was this before MoH:W released or after? There might have been some heads rolling after MoH:W's critical and sales flop.

Top Bottom