• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Fallout 4 Survival Mode Any Good?

Should I Do Survival Mode?

• Yes

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters

Cyberpunkd

No, it’s not. Exercise in frustration. You want Survival mode install mods, do not trust Bethesda to do it correctly.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
Yes............

Last edited:

Strategize

Yes, but I'd recommend these mods to make things a bit less tedious. The MIGHT have them on PS5, you'd have to check.

The first one is so you change the settings to your preference and decide how punishing or not you want it. The second one is my favourite, it adds a few manholes around the map in specific locations for an immersive but not OP way to fast travel, it takes you to an underground area that counts as a settlement you can build in, I put all my companions there and treat it as a home base.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
The game wasnt built to be played on Survival, so if you like artificial challenge then you will probably like it

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If they ever do get around to a Starfield survival mode, I think it will break people. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to actually have to establish bases on specific moons just to mine helium for fuel, then plan your system jumps for quests around what resources you have to even make it back. Let alone food. Let alone getting radiation or temperature damage if you're outside your base for 5 minutes. Imagine if they made oxygen a resource too. And yet, it feels like the whole game was built for that.

I'll have to try Fallout in survival mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom