• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Fire Emblem Heroes teasing a Fire Emblem anime?

Neoxon

I'd be down for it as long as there's an English dub (preferably by Funimation, though I'll also accept Viz Media).

They'd probably go with Yuri Lowenthal. I think Spike Spencer voices someone else in the Fire Emblem franchise, now (correct me if I'm mistaken).

Yeah, he does. I forget who though. Still, he is attached to the franchise. Would be a nice nod to the series' strange history.

Oh god, it just hit me. What if the anime opens with a horrible JPop song instead of the Fire Emblem theme? Can you imagine how awful that would be?

Sölf

Ok but please don't base it on FE Heroes because that story is utter trash.

Seeing what some anime adaptions did with the source material (aka Mobile game), I hope they use heroes. They can do so much with it. The best example would probably be Shingeko no Bahamut. That's one of the best fantasy shows from recent years and has barely anything to do with the mobile game it came from, aside from the setting. Show by Rock is another great example.

I hope it's base off Roy.

He's everyone's favorite

This, but unironically. Everyone's always talking shit about my boy, I'd appreciate an anime to give him a cooler characterization, at least as cool as he is in Smash.

I hope it's based on Awakening then.

Heroes doesn't really have a story and Fates is garbo.

I'll defend the Awakening story forever. It's not perfect but it's good, especially if you delve into the supports.

Yeah, I'm kinda with you hear. Awakening is a great idea for an anime adaptation, imo, it has defined arcs that wouldn't need to be fleshed out all that much because Awakening did a pretty good job with it.

pls give me an Echoes anime tho

Sölf;247265372 said:
I am down for one. I never saw the original, but that was only a 2-part OVA if I am not mistaken.

Also, look no further than Arslan Senki. The anime adaption is basicall "Fire Emblem the anime" or as close as one we've gotten so far.
Yup, Heroic Legend of Arslan is incredibly similar to Fire Emblem, especially the older games, in terms of setting, characters, and stotytelling. Arakawa is the mangaka too, so the art is fantastic. If you are an FE fan, I highly recommend it.

I'd watch an FE anime. Hopefully not based on Fates, but practically any other game or set of characters and I'd be happy.

Edit: OK, I don't want one about Heroes either.

If it's anything, it's going to be Awakening. And really out of most of the options there, it probably would be for the best.

Lunar15

Do one based on heroes but make it a comedic slice of life where all these fire emblem characters are just living in a house.

I'm semi-serious.

Erheller

I got exclusive screen shots of the anime here. I know for a fact that it's Marth's story. It follows Marth from the fall of his kingdoms to him raising an army to fight back. It's going to be pretty faithful to the game. All the characters are there. I think the screens below are from the first episode.

Sorry if the image quality is a little low. They are leaked to me in private. Don't share them.

20028njso9.jpg

fireemblem1_shot403ks1y.jpg

fireemblem2_shot24ecsat.jpg

fireemblem1_shot37sqsen.jpg

6382_fire_emblemvqsib.jpg

No pantless Marth no buy

I'm down

...Unless it's one of those "modern kid gets sucked into videogame world" adaptations.
That's basically what the Heroes story is and it'd be pretty easy to adapt to an anime with every episode or two being them going to a new world, so you might want to start praying.

asagami_

Banned
If they made an anime I would guess either Awakening or Heroes depending on what kind of project it was. They could do something like Carnival Phantasm to push Heroes or do adaptation of Awakening with the option of a Fates series because of their popularity.

THIS.

Honestly any Carnival Phantasm-esque anime is a MUST in my eyes.

Too bad this kind of projects happen more...in mangas.

I hope they give it to Ufotable.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

All style and no substance? No thanks

Give it to Mappa. They've already made an incredible series based on a mobile game (Attack on Bahamut), which was better than it had any right to be.

They have the chops for action, animation, characters, narrative, and pacing. And they've already worked extensively with this kind of genre.

SoldnerKei

if true, I guess it will be CGI animation akin to the cutscenes from the games, tho I wouldn't mind if they make something like Pokemon Generations, an animated short for each game, that would be nice.

Sterok

Chrom and Ephraim better be best bros. And Nino should always be carrying Eirika around. And everyone should be terrified at the mere mention of Reinhardt. And give Hector some laser eyes. And make sure there are 40 Lucinas running around. Yeah, I'm in favor of Carnival Phantasm.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
All style and no substance? No thanks

Give it to Mappa. They've already made an incredible series based on a mobile game (Attack on Bahamut), which was better than it had any right to be.

They have the chops for action, animation, characters, narrative, and pacing. And they've already worked extensively with this kind of genre.

Mappa is also really good choice. I really enjoyed Rage of Bahamut.

Galang

Banned
Will only watch if lucina is the lead. Sounds about time they made a new FE anime though. Took long enough after the success of the recent entries

Banned
It's probably the most anime Nintendo franchise there is. I loved the Star Fox short too from last year.

jwhit28

I hope they do 1+3 if it happens. Those games need another chance at a remake as well because Shadow Dragon was a pretty terrible representation and the sequel from 3 was never officially translated.

Thoraxes

I mean, it could just be a bunch of shorts like Kid Icarus had, from a bunch of different studios used to promote a new game.

SkyOdin

If done right, an adaptation of Shadow Dragon could make for a good anime series. It could also make up for the failure of the DS remakes to introduce the stories and characters to broader audiences.

Top Bottom