• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it normal for an Xbox One to warp/melt a disc?

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I'm not even sure what you're talking about here. The disc looks fine to me from that picture. I guess I'm missing something here...

That's how dual-layered discs look, everything is alright.

'Melt' in the thread title is a little bit misleading though, that got me worried!

Stacey

Banned
Now imagine the state of the disc once DX12 is unleashed.

OnTopic: Its normal for the disc to look like that, at least in my case.

Theonik

I can't see anything unusual in that picture OP.

I don't think melting discs is an intended feature of the Xbox One entertainment system.
They must have forgotten to remove the disk annihilation feature from when they did the 180.

petran79

Banned
i had a faulty dvd rom that damaged dvd movie discs immediately.
I heard a scratching noise inside and 1/3 of the disc got deep and irreparable scratches at once. This happened twice
Had to order those movies anew and never used the dvd rom for movies ever since

KORNdoggy

is the disc not straight? like it's bent due to melting? if not, then it's not warped. if you're talking about the liquid-like streaking on the surface. it's normal. i've always assumed it's becasue its a dual layered blu-ray?

Yes, it's perfectly normal. It's a DRM feature left over from it's original "always online" days, to reduce second-hand sales and borrowing.

Cloud features haven't been implemented yet.

...Because clouds totally shield from the sun.

...Which would burn the disc.

I'll show myself out

glaurung

Wait a minute OP, you think those wavy forms on the disc are the result of extreme heat applied to the disc?

This is some new level of stupid yet not encountered.

ps3ud0

I guess weve worked out that MisterXMedias dGPU is distributed over multiple BDs Smilex style - the clue was in his name Batman!

Now to find the right combination of games

ps3ud0 8)

Is it normal for an Xbox One to warp/melt a disc?

yesitisbei0h.gif

Top Bottom