• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it normal for an Xbox One to warp/melt a disc?

My The Evil Within disc has been left in my Xbox One for quite some time now. Seeing your post scares me. I'm going to go check on my disc in a minute.

PtM

Banned
For your own sake, Xbone looks up the metacritic of your game, and if it doesn't hold up, spares you the disappointment.

glaurung

How was the first question answer by OP not 'Does it still work?'

I mean, if it still works, where's the issue?
The issue is that invisible light hits the nano-meter wide ridges of blu-ray disc at an angle that generates weird shapes.

It's like that insane white trash woman on YT who filmed rainbows inside her garden sprinkler's water jets and then ranted about the government putting something in the water.

//DEVIL//

umm ur disc looks normal . all my ps4 and xbox one disks look like that. in fact i think some of the PS3 games look like that New. GOD 3 was one of them.

i think all dual layer blue rays look like that.

again. i dont see anything writh ur disc

That's just how a double layered Blu-ray looks, dude. It looked like that from the beginning. ;)

welp. i was right.

Some people are saying it looks fine. The image isn't loading for me on mobile, so could someone explain to me what the OP thinks looks wrong about the disc?

On desktop now and image is loading for me. I have indeed seen discs like that before and they are fine, but none of mine are like that. It's probably fine OP.

BibiMaghoo

It's the gold member only poptart function. So you can prepare tasty, or possibly toxic snacks while playing digital games.

FTF

Is there a hot pocket in your xbone op, because you may be trying to play Halo on your microwave.

Fordfx2

tumblr_mjhgohvwLC1qh9nffo2_500.gif

That wavy pattern is normal, I've bought brand new blue rays that look just like that and they work fine. Did you even try playing it / seeing if it works op?

Why you didn't write in the OP if the disc worked or not after your so-called "warping"? It seems like that's a pretty important bit of information to leave out.

One of the weirdest threads. First of all, why would you ask if this would be a normal thing to happen? I mean, seriously. Second of all, that disc looks fine. From my recollection, most discs look like that now.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Wait up. I just realised something. Is the op talking abt the wavy stuff all over the disc? Because if that's the case, that's completely normal. Heaps of discs look like that.

Warping is when the disc is bent dude.

There is only one way to find out, get another Xbox one and another game and try it once again, then you take another xbox one and just a blank cd or dvd or bluray and try it and then you take a NES built into a Toaster and put a disc in their...science will show the results quickly!

Afterwards we will get a nice thread "doctors hate this guy, find out why!"

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Clearly this is MS attempt at a new (and literal) RROD.

I'm here all week folks!

Top Bottom