• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On to my 4th X360

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaver18

Got one on launch, didn't work. Replaced it at Gamestop, worked for 7 months then crapped out. Called MS and got a service request, waited a whole month because 360 support is slower than a tortoise. Got my 360 back yesterday, worked for a day. Get back from work today, and woohoo ****ing disc read errors galore. Now they're sending me another box to get another god damn 360. ugh.....

sharukins

Banned
reaver18 said:
Got one on launch, didn't work. Replaced it at Gamestop, worked for 7 months then crapped out. Call MS and get a service request, waited a whole month because 360 support is slower than a tortoise. Got my 360 back yesterday, worked for a day. Get back from work today, and woohoo ****ing disc read errors galore. Now they're sending me another box to get another god damn 360. ugh.....

u dont have a 360 do u :lol

VALIS

My launch day system was once on for about 3 days straight because I forgot it was on. I should eBay it as the world's most indestructible 360.

Nykad

post pictures or it didnt happen

you come to this forum and share your little story and you wount even bother posting one picture?

VALIS said:
My launch day system was once on for about 3 days straight because I forgot it was on. I should eBay it as the world's most indestructible 360.

Doesn't it automatically turn itself off after six hours? I'd say your's is broken too! :D

scarybore

I just sent my 2nd 360 to be fixed because the DVD drive was failing to read games as DVD Videos instead of games and when it did work I would get cant read disc errors every ten minutes or so.

I also had a problem when I got my replacement 360 in that it screwed up my recent games played list on xbox.com as you can see here, where dispite the fact I have played loads of games since it still thinks the last game I played was King Kong among others which were rentals. The only way I have found to fix this has been to playing the games again, so if I want it back to normal I have to rent those games again. :(

Just out of curiosity, that error message sort of ... confuses me. It tells you that you should put this disc into an Xbox 360 console. Perhaps I'm crazy or sth., but I would have guessed that to get this error you would have to a) start your X360 and b) put the disc into it.

reaver18

Frankfurter said:
Just out of curiosity, that error message sort of ... confuses me. It tells you that you should put this disc into an Xbox 360 console. Perhaps I'm crazy or sth., but I would have guessed that to get this error you would have to a) start your X360 and b) put the disc into it.
yeah it makes no sense to me either.

I just put a movie in and this is the message I get: "Can't play DVD. This disc's region code is incorrect for this console."

I put in Xmen 2, NTSC. wtf kind of console did MS send me?

I'm on my first (only guy in this thread, I think). It works, but I've had a few errors. It boots with no video occasionally, has overheated once (now its brick is suspended in air per instructions), and it only reads 13 gigs of my 20 gig HDD. I hear that last one is common.

I know

jlh

reaver18 said:
yeah it makes no sense to me either.

I just put a movie in and this is the message I get: "Can't play DVD. This disc's region code is incorrect for this console."

I put in Xmen 2, NTSC. wtf kind of console did MS send me?

Could it be that they sent you a non-US 360 by accident (maybe a Japanese one or something), because that isn't the normal disc read error message that most people have reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom