• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it reasonable to think that an Elite Beat Agents sequel will ever happen?

TEJ

Elite Beat Agents was the first rhythm game to just suck me in. I was never actually good at it, but it was fun and incredibly charming.

I can still remember the first time I played "you're the inspiration". When the revelation came it hit me like a sack of bricks to the head. I did not want to lose merely because it meant retrying.

While some of the song choices were iffy, I liked how song choices ranged from david bowie, to queen, to chicago, to the rolling stones, to michael jackson.

I've heard that the reason why it never got a sequel is because of Reggie being disappointed at initial sales numbers but I have no idea if this is true or not.

I'd love a 3DS version. Even if they were to make an ouendan game for the 3DS, region locking would prevent me from playing it.

I'd say chances are as close to 0% as it's possible to be, yeah.

Still, at least there's two Osu! Tatake! Ouendan games to play if you want more.

Glix

It will never happen. But you can just play the original agian.

Theatrhythm is pretty sweet tho.

If this world was a better place it would be more than reasonable, it would be guaranteed.
Alas this world is harsh and cruel and EBA must atone for not meeting sales expectations or something.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Didn't Reggie want it to sell megabazzillions units but they only did bazillions-ish numbers?

Still, I'd love an EBA2 :(

TEJ

I'm not going to deny the quality of ouendan/theatarythm/etc, but a big reason why eba appealed to me is that chicago/queen/the rolling stones/david bowie/michael jackson were a big part of my childhood and what I listened to.

massoluk

Banned
One can only hope. But boy, EBA with Nintendo Soundtrack (a la Theathrhthamdfdftgm) CAN'T possibly be that hard to make it happen, right?

Just all the songs already in SSBB and Xenoblade would make me cry of joy.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Fucking loved EBA. Never liked Ouendan because I have zero interest in any of that music.

tim.mbp

I don't see why not. It could work pretty well as a downloadable Wii U game. Even free to play with DLC songs and/or stages.

TEJ

It would have Justin Bieber in it.

eba had ashlee simpson in it.

i'd tolerate a justin beiber song if it meant more queen/bowie/jackson/rolling stones/earth wind and fire, or possibly even some elton john/billy joel/beatles/eagles music.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Honestly if you're itching for more eba action, import both OSU! TATAKE! OUENDAN! and it's sequel. Same gameplay, with japanese music. Had my fill after playing all 3.

TEJ

Honestly if you're itching for more eba action, import both OSU! TATAKE! OUENDAN! and it's sequel. Same gameplay, with japanese music. Had my fill after playing all 3.

like I mentioned a few times already, a big part of why EBA appealed to me because of the music and groups of my childhood.

That, and I loved the characters in the game.

c0Zm1c

I guess it depends on what music you like in your rhythm games but I liked Ouendan much more than EBA. Granted, it's mostly cheesy J-Pop but I found that more entertaining to play along to than most of the songs chosen for EBA. Ouendan 2 was a massive disappointment, full of terrible J-Rock and easily the worst of the three for me.

Murrah

Banned
It'll have a warioware microgame if it's lucky

This is my new favorite response to any questions about reviving dead Nintendo franchises

But yeah contrary to what the final mission of the game would have you believe EBA is dead OP. If you dug the gameplay go for importing the Japanese games and/or Theatrhythm. If the music choices are that important then yeah you might be outta luck, though I sympathize; September needs to be in more (good) rhythm games

massoluk

Banned
Gah if they do make Ouendan 3, it would do even worse at retail because the first two got decent sales partly due to other regions importing. May be as eshop international title, but I have no faith in Nintendo doing that.

like I mentioned a few times already, a big part of why EBA appealed to me because of the music and groups of my childhood.

That, and I loved the characters in the game.
The characters and stories in the Ouendan games are of the same ilk, it's all very funny and charming, and not a stitch of Japanese is needed to comprehend anything.

They're at least worth checking out, especially the first game.

TEJ

Yes, music choices are that important to me.

I bought The Beatles rockband solely because it was The Beatles. It's a shame they killed off the dlc early, a lot of my favorite songs never made it in.

The characters and stories in the Ouendan games are of the same ilk, it's all very funny and charming, and not a stitch of Japanese is needed to comprehend anything.

They're at least worth checking out, especially the first game.

Can a 3DS play import DS games? I gave away my dslite to a cousin after I bought my 3DS.

I have faith in Inis making good after their mobile games.

Yeah, demon score looks good; very ouendan-like. Inis has been on the decline since Gitaroo Man. Steady at first, and then a sharp drop with Lips.

As much as I like Ouendan/EBA, another Gitaroo Man-style game would be the greatest. Gitaroo Man is easily my favorite rhythm game.

Curufinwe

Ouendan was how I got a DS Lite because I played it so much on my wife's DS Phat the touch screen died, and she was able to get it replaced under her Best Buy warranty. And then she made me buy my own DS Lite.

Kurita

I'd rather have a Ouendan 3.
Don't get me wrong, I love Elite Beat Agents, I finished it 4 times, but the soundtrack wasn't as good as Ouendan's.

Ridli

I know people say to import ouendan, but the craziness of tryin to "westernize" it is what made EBA so awesome. I miss those agents..

TEJ

I know people say to import ouendan, but the craziness of tryin to "westernize" it is what made EBA so awesome. I miss those agents..

yeah

the best part is that it just felt so sincere. no irony, no jabs at western culture, etc.

Top Bottom