• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it safe to go outside during a Solar Eclipse? [Up: OP survived!!!! :D]

Santiako

Is there a Simpsons gif for OP's post?

yvEODny.gif

NASA stream said you can do this earlier. Pinch a narrow gap between your finger tips, I guess.

Welders mask must be safe... no?

3D glasses is pretty stupid though... LOL

The dude I saw just had his hands in like a criss-cross in front of his face, dunno if that counts as safe or not but damn.

do you know if they are OK?
I will ask!!

Edit: Oh shit so many people already commented hahaha I think they probably turned to dust.

How does he know they were IMAX 3D glasses? One of my coworkers had a pair that looked similar to the nice IMAX 3Ds, but they were the proper ISO solar glasses. Not all solar glasses are made of paper or are welder's helmets :p

Doubting Wario64?? O: O: O:

muteki

NASA stream said you can do this earlier. Pinch a narrow gap between your finger tips, I guess.

A welder's mask was being passed around at work here, no blindness or spontaneous combustion.

Z3M0G

Coworker asked me if it was safe to drive home yet. He thought you needed the glasses to go outside safely. Huge windows right next to our desk.

They meant make a pinhole with your fingers for the light to shine through onto another surface. Not look directly through the freakin' pinhole.

That was unfortunate. What they meant was probably that you can improvise a slit projector with your fingers and look at the image on a wall or the ground.

Top Bottom