• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is it safe to go outside during a Solar Eclipse? [Up: OP survived!!!! :D]

Van Bur3n

Only if you're a lizard man. I hear the black sun reveals the true form of the reptilians that lurk among us.

And I'll be ready lizard people. Do you hear me? You won't escape this time.

I glanced at it through my 10-stop filter; eye feels funny ever since, but luckily nothings "burned in".

I glanced at it from my periphery and was like "ow." I have pretty sensitive eyes and squint when I'm outside without sunglasses on normal days, though.

Seriously, I don't even know how people can stand looking at it through their fingers and such like that one poster said.

Haines

Banned
I glanced at it from my periphery and was like "ow." I have pretty sensitive eyes and squint when I'm outside without sunglasses on normal days, though.

Seriously, I don't even know how people can stand looking at it through their fingers and such like that one poster said.

I looked at it. I would take quick 1 second glances. Maybe did it 10 times.

I think ill be fine.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I was just out watching the Eclipse and Lizard Men were out there eating people alive. The horror!

There are a bunch of people out on the roof of the parking garage at work looking at it. Someone is wearing a welder's mask. One dude was looking through his fucking fingers.

Wario64 just posted someone was looking through IMAX 3D glasses on his street.

How are people so completely fucking stupid.

do you know if they are OK?

Glix

So the theory at work is that if you are jerking off you can look straight at the eclipse.

Their blinding effects cancel each other out.

Cyan

Banned
Not enough people warned him about the lizardmen, he probably didn't take it seriously. :((((((((((

OP please let us know if you're all right.

There are a bunch of people out on the roof of the parking garage at work looking at it. Someone is wearing a welder's mask. One dude was looking through his fucking fingers.

Wario64 just posted someone was looking through IMAX 3D glasses on his street.

How are people so completely fucking stupid.

How does he know they were IMAX 3D glasses? One of my coworkers had a pair that looked similar to the nice IMAX 3Ds, but they were the proper ISO solar glasses. Not all solar glasses are made of paper or are welder's helmets :p

Media

I'm Navajo and it's like, a total thing not to set foot outside during an eclipse.

Sat in the driveway with my kids and the glasses and watched the whole damn thing.

#rebel

We had cloud cover in PA, but it was thin enough that I could get nice pictures with my phone. Excited for the near-total we will get in April 2024.

Oh no! The sun's out to get me!

artworks-000032167461-qx15t5-original.png

UberTag

I'm sure he's okay. He's just blind now.
We should chip in on a Kickstarter for a braille keyboard so he can post on GAF again.

Monocle

So how do you guys plan to spend your last moments after this conjunction of the spheres? I was going to go with hysterical screaming while clawing like a crazed beast at my pulpy sockets, but then I remembered I needed to check if the OP survived.

Guess not, RIP.

Kensation

Looks like the Blood Demons got their sacrifice. An eternity of unfathomable torment for the OP, yet his sacrifice for the rest of humanity shall be recorded for all time.

sinkfla87

I took my two and a half minute window of opportunity to find my lifelong nemesis, who happened to be sitting outside of Starbucks like all the cool college kids do in this town and exact revenge. He thinks I'm over our childhood squabbles (JOKES ON HIM) so when he went for a high five upon seeing me, I instead got him in a rear naked choke hold and pried his eyes open directly to the sun. Guess he won't be seeing me around anymore heh heh heh.

Couldn't see shit here. :(

I thought it was the Crab People who was roaming around? Well, doesn't matter, the OP ded.

Should have been inside like me (actually slept for too long. Woke up with superpowers, can confirm the Eclipse will give you superpowers), safe from the Lizard and Crab People!

Top Bottom