• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is Nicki Minaj the Most Talented Artist of the 21st Century?

Status
Not open for further replies.
raw

82965-no-man-SHIT-no-man-gif-Office-XoJ5.gif

I like Nicki's music and the only song with Remy Ma on it that I dig is the Ante Up remix, but I can't even act like Nicki is an exceptional artist. I could never listen to another song with her on it and I'd be aight.

nicki doesn't write most of her own lyrics

stupid hoe took three people to write

so that does take talent

I mean if we're going by top 40 pop standards ...2007 til now it's prolly gaga or sia

I don't really listen to top 40 stuff though

Two things:

No

Her breakout pop hit was Starships

Also, Drake is a better entertainer. He gave Antonie(?) Greizmann his signature celebration. That enough for me.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Her only good song is Dirty Spaceman, IMO. Too bad her label continues to delete it off Youtube.

Bruno Mars and The Weeknd are when it comes to vocal skills when it comes to mainstream. J Cole and Kendrick are both far ahead of Nicki when it comes to rapping and writing. I think people are downplaying Nicki's skills but she hasn't done anything since blowing up to say otherwise.

Best wishes.

mafe

Really.

That's the first thing that comes to mind?

Not that, I don't know, the artist in question may not be the best writer?

Isn't Led Zeppelin known for stealing songs?

Damn some people are obtuse about the racism regarding rap and predominately black music. If nothing else I hope the troll thread wakes at least one person up.

Get some fucking perspective people.

It's always a little worrying how people can't see the way race plays into the way we perceive things.

NinjaBoiX

I don't think she is THE most talented but she is up there for sure. There be some haters on GAF, whew.

OP you missed this one: August Alsina Ft Nicki Minaj - No love:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nxvm4P0jFKY&t=2m55s

giphy.gif

A lot of people don't realise she can sing as well.
Each to their own I guess but seriously, what the fuck is this?

- shit, knocked-up-in-10-seconds cookie cutter beat made from about three different MIDI drum samples
- "hook" that probably took as about long fiddling around on a Casio keyboard
- that auto-tune vocal that EVERYONE USES at the minute (it's so fucking cringe man)
- corny lyrics bragging about being a sick lover, having flash cars and loads of money or some shite

And then the video; puppies, a red Ferrari and stock footage of a clock getting smashed and shit? Dude, this is seriously whack man, like embarrassing.

I stopped when he started doing that stupid "pushing dollar bills off the palm of my hand" bit, urgh.

Literally everything I hate about music all in one package.

thuGG_pl

WTF? Seriously what the actual fuck?

And what is it with all the threads on GAF: "Is <insert_something_here> the best thing in the world?"

This type of topics should be banned by default. The answer is almost 99% of the time "NO". People have different tastes.

they should have posted some hendrix lyrics for sure
I'm not sure if this is intentional, but All Along the Watchtower is a cover. The original song was by Bob Dylan, who is very white. There's a thousand other examples of Hendrix's brilliance that could be used though.

This image makes light of the incredibly profound and allochromatic lyrics of "Bicycle Race" by Queen.<snip>
Is this a meme or an Armond White review?

caliph95

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but All Along the Watchtower is a cover. The original song was by Bob Dylan, who is very white. There's a thousand other examples of Hendrix's brilliance that could be used though.

Is this a meme or an Armond White review?
He's obviously joking.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I can't believe this thread hasn't been closed yet. Pretty impressed a troll thread has survived this long to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom