• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is the lightsaber the best fictional weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's cool about the Death Star?

You mean an engineering accomplishment well beyond even the wildest imaginations capable of vaporizing entire planets in a single salvo, AND capable of traveling to any corner of the universe at significantly faster than light speeds? Iono...

Lokimaru

2tPcIQx.jpg

+ This
401hJY6.gif

= This
latest

Sephzilla

You mean an engineering accomplishment well beyond even the wildest imaginations capable of vaporizing entire planets in a single salvo, AND capable of traveling to any corner of the universe at significantly faster than light speeds? Iono...

The Death Star might be cooler if the thing ever actually worked and couldn't be destroyed by some kid flying an X-Wing for the first time who has a crazy old man in his head

PSqueak

Banned
Im more fond of the more ridiculous, off beat and absurd weapons like "The blame thrower" (and seriously, it's a weapon that makes your opponent think like you, how do you counter that?) or the kind of shit you see in Ratchet & Clank games.

You could do all that with a single galaxy class starship.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah they have always been my favorite. Hell half the reason I got into modding PC games was just so I could shove a lightsaber into anything.

Lightsaber blades have weight. In fact they're heavier if you're inexperienced with them because they need time to synchronise with a new user.

It's not that they're actually heavy but rather feel heavy because the plasma is constantly oscillating because you're always kinda fighting to keep it steady.

I guess that makes them the worlds most dangerous vibrator.

Flo_Evans

Yeah they have always been my favorite. Hell half the reason I got into modding PC games was just so I could shove a lightsaber into anything.

It's not that they're actually heavy but rather feel heavy because the plasma is constantly oscillating because you're always kinda fighting to keep it steady.

I guess that makes them the worlds most dangerous vibrator.

From my understanding it produces a gyroscopic effect that resists movement.

For cool swords I was always a fan of Conan's kick ass broadsword.

Malyse

A Keyblade is far more useful. Magic weapon you can summon from the aether at will that can unlock any door as well as release personal inhibitions? That also transforms in the a variety of other weapons (whip, dual pistols, shield, cannon), armor, and transportation?

BRUH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom