• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this game collection worth $35,000? (eBay)

Came to say the same thing. I wonder how many of those 66 offers were from an alternate account of his?

All of them.

4QHLh.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Maybe this has already been mentioned, but buying a collection like this will save costs on shipping too. Buying these games in i.e 500 individual buys would most likely have a shipping cost of $1000+ alone.

I think it might be the reason that I'm nearly 100% digital distribution nowadays. I never want to own that much 'clutter' again.
That's substituting one problem with another. By going with a DD service with DRM you don't have clutter but in some cases you end up investing in nothing. I say nothing becuase there are people with huge backlogs that never touch a single game. At least the guy with the clutter once in a while touches that cartridge, game box or quickly flips through the manual.

DD only buy stuff that you will surely play eventually, there's a point that even if there's interest you shouldn't buy.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
How bizarre, my collection is larger and better than that as I'm sure is the case for many gaffers.

I think it might be the reason that I'm nearly 100% digital distribution nowadays. I never want to own that much 'clutter' again.
Does that really look like clutter to you? That's a very nice shelf full of games that really doesn't eat up that much space. It looks great!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

US $31,500.00 [ 66 offers ]

a***g ( 30) Declined Mar-24-12 08:57:53 PDT
i***r ( 21) Declined Mar-24-12 06:57:30 PDT
b***i ( 58) Declined Mar-24-12 00:35:56 PDT
b***i ( 58) Declined Mar-24-12 00:35:45 PDT

This is a troll or something.

That's substituting one problem with another. By going with a DD service with DRM you don't have clutter but in some cases you end up investing in nothing. I say nothing becuase there are people with huge backlogs that never touch a single game. At least the guy with the clutter once in a while touches that cartridge, game box or quickly flips through the manual.

DD only buy stuff that you will surely play eventually, there's a point that even if there's interest you shouldn't buy.

I think more important considerations with DD than being able to "touch" your games, are:

1. You're not guaranteed to have access to them indefinitely.
2. You can't sell them (especially relevant with huge/potentially valuable collections)

With that said, as much as I like my physical game collection, I think I prefer DD for the convenience.

Top Bottom