• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this name too similar to Bin Laden?

9KRYh6q.png

My goodness. Is that subtitle for real? If so Fox News is far worse than I heard.

xkramz

Aw c'mon no we won't.

You can't just tease us like that.

We're just strangers on the internet, it will have no bearing on your life posting it here.
My name is Tales.....

Pronounced: Ta-les not TALES like a fairy tales, or talisman or tails from sonic or TALES from the crypt or...whatever lol

Sadsic

my name sounds pretty close to bin laden and it's been pointed out to me maybe once in my entire life lol

its not that big a deal imo

My name is Tales.....

Pronounced: Ta-les not TALES like a fairy tales, or talisman or tails from sonic or TALES from the crypt or...whatever lol

You can't have a common word as your last name and ask people break the Eng pronunciation rules for you. Have you considered change the spelling?

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I think you want to name your kid Ben just to torture him.

Please don't. Just name him Zach or something else.

I feel it's awfully close and he will be called out on it.
Almost as bad as a kid I graduated with who had the last name Mellow. Named his first daughter Marsha.

Aiii

So not worth it
Would kids that were born 16 years after 9/11 really care about Bin Laden, like at all?

You're probably fine.

velociraptor

If you want to ruin your kid's life, then yeah, go and name him 'Ben Lada'.

It sounds almost exactly like Bin Laden.

Call him Nick instead.

ty_hot

I would be more worried about giving the boy enough self confidence so that he doesnt feel bad when someone call him that.

C4Lukins

Would kids that were born 16 years after 9/11 really care about Bin Laden, like at all?

You're probably fine.

Yeah history is just going to forget about that one.

Good old Charlie Mandsun is a totally cool name, because nobody remembers the 60's/70's.

Top Bottom