• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is traveling to Japan dangerous due to radiation?

Korey how are you gonna fit in any of the rides anyways.

man-in-a-bubble.jpg

Japan is one of the safest countries in the world. Even if there was some miniscule chance of death from radiation, it would be more than offset by decreased chance of being murdered.

Kevdo

It's absolutely safe. You're not gonna get radiation walking around Tokyo. For one, Fukushima is hours and hours away, and anyway, when I was living there I had friends that did a yearly volunteer thing to go to the Fukushima area and help clear debris and rebuild and shit. It was great, they were great, they're all fine.

To put it in the opposite perspective, I was talking to some Japanese moms a few years ago (when I was a teacher) and they were saying that they had wanted to send their kids to California for a week homestay or something but decided not to because of the Ebola scare, which seemed, to me, just as ridiculous.

I'm starting to think the OP is actually Trump's GAF account. It's the only thing that makes sense given his jingoism and allergy for facts.

DAT 5D CHESS.

To follow up on my New York comment, a bit of research shows New York at around 0.2. I live in Fukushima and it hovers around 0.07 here.

Here's a link to a pdf comparing radiation around the world.
link

Didn't realize is was Korey in those other threads.

He needs a tag for this level of ignorance. Mostly as a warning to other people not to follow the same path.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
We're all glowing now.

After reading those other threads, Korey sounds like the kind of person that's never left their home state.

TFlat

I came to Japan as a guy, then after a few years here I discovered I'm transgender and I'm now growing boobs.

Must be all that radiation. *shrug*

That's my take away from this thread. What's causing that?

i know that donegal is on a bed of granite rock which doesn't help the whole radiation thing. but looking at that image i presume it's from the north sea. you can see a large arm of radiation going through scandinavia and prob hit the north sea and turned back towards donegal and NW britain.

lmaooo jesus that america thread. that's hilarious

Do you have a passport?

After visiting some Asian places I feel America is far worse in many ways. I think they need to stay away from american culture myself.

With very basic radiation education, a geiger counter in hand, and a backpack of food and water, you can go explore both Chernobyl and Fukushima exclusion zones and be absolutely fine if you use your brain, people do it all the time.

And yes, Japan and Ukraine are perfectly safe to visit even outside the exclusion zone...

shandy706

LOL @ the fact that I get more radiation from eating a Banana than I do living 20 minutes from a Nuclear Reactor.

(It is weird living near one..but I never really think about it.)

StoneFox

LOL @ the fact that I get more radiation from eating a Banana than I do living 20 minutes from a Nuclear Reactor.

Nuclear energy is one of the cleanest around :) The one near my house is surrounded with trees and flowers so it is less of eyesore. Good old cloud making machine.

Steel

Banned

I've gone swimming in the hot water around a nuclear reactor in Lake Michigan and I'm fine well over a decade later. It's frustrating how frantic people get over anything nuclear.

Top Bottom