• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Italian site has (unofficial) hands-on with Android 4.4 Kitkat and Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Sure there might be more stuff, but come on, that wasn't just a picture release. That was a hands on impression article and most of the stuff described was cosmetic.

Thats because the easiest things to describe are the cosmetic things.

Infinite homescreens isnt a change to the core OS?

This:

Android 4.4 KitKat, in any case, it seems to be a version of Android much lightened

isn't a change to the core OS?

Hangouts replacing Messaging and getting SMS/MMS integration isnt a core OS change?

Lockscreen, Always Listening and possible Image Stabilization in the software aren't core OS features?

I'm not sure what you feel qualifies as a non cosmetic change then.

grumpy

Not sure how I feel about Hangouts replacing the SMS app.
Could this give Google access to my sms texts? I definitely wouldn't want that. Other than that, I'm pretty excited about 4.4. Hopefully my Galaxy Nexus will be supported.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Thats because the easiest things to describe are the cosmetic things.

Going forward, these updates will be more on the cosmetic side of things anyway. Google has been updating their core apps through the Play Store. Makes it easier for them to (try and) get everyone on the same page.

Could this give Google access to my sms texts? I definitely wouldn't want that. Other than that, I'm pretty excited about 4.4. Hopefully my Galaxy Nexus will be supported.
lol they probably already have access

3phemeral

lol they probably already have access

Yeah, the thing with Hangouts is that before you sign in, it both sends a text message and then automatically reads and closes that text message for you so it can complete the confirmation process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom